Page 360 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460860 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 23789
  1. #7181
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Well that would just be less fun, now wouldn't it? And anyway, Legion and Wrex were both self-defense, so I don't even feel bad about those. Honestly, I'm not sure how I'm ever going to play through with a goody-goody, being ruthless is so much more interesting.
    Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: "A horrible person." We weren't even testing for that.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  2. #7182
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: "A horrible person." We weren't even testing for that.
    Consider the source. Also, appreciate for a moment the irony of referencing something said by an evil AI in judging a character that (in my case) ruthlessly exterminated AI's. Hell, my Shep would consider GLADOS an excellent example of why it was necessary to cap Legion in the head four times.

    Seriously though, I can't help but think Mass Effect wouldn't be half as appealing if one played it pure Paragon, because Paragon choices are the only ones you get in so many games. How often does a game actually let you say "screw the hostages, I'm shooting the bad guy?" Virtually never. Given a choice like that, I can either play it like every other game ever and save the hostages, or I can embrace the uniqueness of being given that choice and do the far more satisfying thing. That said, there are some choices that are less clear cut "Hollywood hero" vs. "pragmatic" than that. It'd certainly be interesting to play someone less AI-averse, for example, that was getting a little one-note toward the end. I wish the earlier games were more willing to reward non "purist" choices, 3's design with regards to intimidate/charm options was by far the best (and 2's arguably the worst).

    Edit: Or, to fully play the role:

    Now that the galaxy's been cleansed of AI, the next job is wiping out the krogan for being traitors to all organics. That's my Mass Effect 4 :p.
    Last edited by vinraith; 23-07-2012 at 06:10 AM.

  3. #7183
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Consider the source.
    A super-intelligent tsundere, who isn't even the bad guy by the end. You monster.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  4. #7184
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Now that the galaxy's been cleansed of AI, the next job is wiping out the krogan for being traitors to all organics. That's my Mass Effect 4 :p.
    There are no words!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  5. #7185
    Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    984
    Sonic generations complete.

    It was ok but after all the praise I can only assume I don't care for sonic games as much as everyone else.

  6. #7186
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,317
    There's only room for one Sonic game in my heart:

  7. #7187
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,595
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    There's only room for one Sonic game in my heart:
    I'm on a mobile and the video won't play, so I'll assume it's Dr Robotniks mean bean machine.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  8. #7188
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,239
    LA Noir. I'm trying to decide if I like it or not. I don't think I do. The best parts are the interrogation scenes, which either go really well or spectacularly wrong. There's three responses in every interrogation - truth, lying, and doubt. Truth accepts what the person is telling you as the truth, lying calls them out on their bullshit and prompts you to select a piece of evidence to back up your assertion. Doubt is tricky. It's a bluff, to be used when you want to get the suspect/witness to reveal something that you don't have any real proof on, and it's incredibly vague. Sometimes the main character will just launch into a vile speech and emotionally torture an innocent person when you only intended to get them to open up a little. You have no way of knowing how this asshole is going to go off until he's doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: "A horrible person." We weren't even testing for that.
    I shot Wrex without hesitation in the first game, and we were best bros for life. What do you think I'd do to someone I barely know? *pokes*
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 23-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.

  9. #7189
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,015
    The LA Noire options were initially titled "coax, force, lie", but they changed for some inexplicable reason. The original titles make much more sense.

  10. #7190
    Lesser Hivemind Node Gorzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    782
    Getting closer to the end of Deus Ex: HR. After these two weeks not playing it I had forgotten how utterly bad the textures are.
    Also, the fact that on the second visit to Heng-Sha Belltower men are enemies on the streets makes going from Point A to Point B and back forth really tiring.

  11. #7191
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,126
    I've been playing Driver San Francisco. Which is great. It's so silly and it knows it. The shifting mechanics are fun but somewhat hard to get the hang of. The soundtrack is brilliant.

    Also I've finished the fourth episode of the final Sam & Max season. So only the finale is left. It started somewhat weak. But it's gotten much better.

  12. #7192
    Lesser Hivemind Node Oshada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    The LA Noire options were initially titled "coax, force, lie", but they changed for some inexplicable reason. The original titles make much more sense.
    I wonder whether there's a mod for that?

  13. #7193
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus alms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,037
    If not, you should make one!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

    "You take the Klingon's detached hand"

  14. #7194
    Activated Node tjv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Schottland
    Posts
    74
    Started Zombie Shooter yesterday. Apparently it is not very long. Pretty daft, but lot of fun.

    Dirt 2, one of my Steam purchases. For some reason never played this or the third one before. Used to love rally games, but they got too hardcore at one point. Or I got terrible. Anyway, already managed to sink in 30h to this. The courses start to repeat bit in the end. Want to finish the world tour at least. Just wish there was more older cars.

    Sacred 2, now, for some reason I decided play this on PS3. Finished the first (from GOG) not too long ago. Not the most original game of course. Still decent enough. Usually on RPG, or any game for that matter I go with the character with the most grand beard. Majority of classes on Sacred 2 are half naked anime ladies. No thank you. The only beard was the mage dude, but wanted to get more melee style so ended up selecting the anubis alien character. Not that it is any more melee. Really feel like changing to PC version, but that would require me to buy another boxed copy of this. Targetting and the UI are really bad here. On top of that the alien character annoys the hell out of me with the clunky running animation and the "robotic" voice. But, might as well stick with this, probably finishing this on few months time.

  15. #7195
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kodeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    968
    Still playing Fallout 3. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but these CTD's are really starting to piss me off. I'm getting one about once in every three play sessions.

  16. #7196
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,239
    So I went to this apartment in LA Noir and found the place trashed. After I finished the case, I learned if I went straight there instead of taking in a side-mission, I could have caught the crooks in the act of the trashing. I'm always impressed when a game bothers to take time into consideration (like the hostage situation in Deus Ex: Hum Rev) if only because so few do it.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 23-07-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  17. #7197
    Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    841
    As far as I know, the hostage situation in DXHR has nothing to do with time, and everything to do with whether you get detected or not.

  18. #7198
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    900
    Day z
    Very first player I ran in to (some guy server hopping to loot the airfield tower, since I had been there for a good ten mins and had been in the tower when he came from up the stairs) didn't bother communicating , just stood there staring at me for 10seconds before he shot me.

    This game's community is nothin more than deathmatch mode anymore, is it?

    All in all very dissapointed in how barebones the mod itself is, almost none of the buildings can be entered and the zombie ai is retarded.

    Compared to proper total conversions like bf1942 : DC this shit is amateur hour.

    People say it's alpha but the mechanics behind it (random zombie spawning, sight and sound mechanics and crouching/prone) and just using arma 2 assets which arent suitable for this kind of game i.e no interiors) don't show any potential for ever becoming more then what it is now.

    Thought I'd like this game (huge fan of stalker) but it's nowhere near stalker in functionality or quality (alpha buggyness aside).
    Last edited by Finicky; 23-07-2012 at 11:39 PM.

  19. #7199
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    As far as I know, the hostage situation in DXHR has nothing to do with time, and everything to do with whether you get detected or not.
    Highlight for possible spoiler: If you spend too much time in Sarif Industries the hostages get killed.

  20. #7200
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,595
    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Dirt 2, one of my Steam purchases. For some reason never played this or the third one before. Used to love rally games, but they got too hardcore at one point. Or I got terrible. Anyway, already managed to sink in 30h to this. The courses start to repeat bit in the end. Want to finish the world tour at least. Just wish there was more older cars.
    It truly is a great game, its such a shame Dirt 3 bollocksed it up so much. Have you tried Dirt 2's multiplayer? Its GFWL but its honestly not so bad as lag barely matters in a racing game unless you are playing bumper cars and the net code seemed to be smart enough to prioritise close cars. Maybe Grid 2 will be good? If they ever make it (no announcements yet) clearly this Gymkhana BS sells better than real racing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •