Page 400 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500900 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 23672
    Just started with Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, and I'm mildly suprised to find it quite fun to play. I've played JA1, Deadly Games and JA2 (and 1.13) to tiny bits, but somehow JA:BiA does things right as well. The graphics, sounds (with the big exception of the voices) and atmosphere are all nice, and the game is a bit quicker now, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

However, it's not all sunshine and rainbows; the voiceacting (and portraits) are both a whole lot more "flat and dull". And the green glowing markers where I can blow up walls or find items are a very bad design choice. And why the hell can't I create my own Merc? (or can I?) And (not sure) do I only payed my hired Mercs only once?? Then why do I need income anyway? Or is this game suddenly impossible with just 2 or 3 Mercs? (JA2 sure wasn't). But.... I'm still happy to play this game, and somewhat excited how the other towns are modelled and if all old characters are there.

I've also played a very short bit of Escape Goat, but it was too little to form an opinion just yet. Can't say things about graphics as well, since it's not such a game, is it? Did love the cute little rat addition, and the ability to teleport to him with the Magic Hat.

Last but not least I've finally continued my play of Fallout New Vegas, but I'm starting to get annoyed by the sheer ammount of assasins the Legion sents after me, that I can hardly defeat each time. And even worse, they kill my companions too quickly. Luckily, with the Animal Friend perk, I usually lure the assasins to a nice group of critter to deal with them. Especially geckos are chewing them up nicely. But I do like some way of stopping them more permanently. Any suggestions?
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    The mouse feels surprisingly natural for controlling minions.
    Well I played a little bit of it last night and was having a lot of trouble controlling them while 'sweeping' the mouse. I'll turn down the mouse sensitivity later and see if that helps. Would have tried last night but you can't change any settings while in game which is pretty annoying.

The game itself seems fun though, and it's actually very pretty.

Half Life 2: First ever playthrough and must admit not enjoying it as much I though I would. Maybe had too high expectations. Not much variety in enemies and the sections tend to drag on a bit.
    WWE All Stars: Playing this on 360. Don't care for wrestling too much normally, but this is lots of fun.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Half Life 2: First ever playthrough and must admit not enjoying it as much I though I would. Maybe had too high expectations. Not much variety in enemies and the sections tend to drag on a bit.
    I'm a huge fan of HL2, but I can admit that the selection of enemies is a bit thin, and since almost all the different types of opponents are also hostile to each other, they are rarely combined.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    Last but not least I've finally continued my play of Fallout New Vegas, but I'm starting to get annoyed by the sheer ammount of assasins the Legion sents after me, that I can hardly defeat each time. And even worse, they kill my companions too quickly. Luckily, with the Animal Friend perk, I usually lure the assasins to a nice group of critter to deal with them. Especially geckos are chewing them up nicely. But I do like some way of stopping them more permanently. Any suggestions?
    Wear NCR faction armour whenever you travel. Or failing that, any other faction armour. They reset your reputation with the various factions in the game, so while normal Legionaries will still attack, Caesar won't send anymore assassins after you. Just remember to unequip it if you're in NCR territory and have positive reputation with them, otherwise they'll treat you as neutral.

Assassins are kind of a pain until you're high levelled, at which point they become an easy source for rare weapons and ammo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm playing Sleeping Dogs and Syndicate (2012).

Sleeping Dogs is very good. It's exactly what it seemed like it would be -- an urban open world game set in Hong Kong with a neat brawling combat system. I've played about four hours so far and have had a great time. The combat is really fun, Hong Kong is a great setting with lots of stuff tucked away in the corners, and the plot and voice acting is pretty engaging. Very happy with it.

Syndicate is also good! I picked it up from Gamersgate on sale and have had a lot of fun with it. I finished the campaign and am now replaying it on the hardest difficulty level, and also playing the online co-op, which is a blast. Super hard, and made hard by the fact that there is no chat of any kind, which makes it a pretty surreal experience sometimes. But fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Iron Brigade, Planetside 1 and Orcs Must Die 2.

Before you ask, my character in Planetside is focused in planting towers. So is towers, more towers and extra towers on top of that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Wear NCR faction armour whenever you travel. Or failing that, any other faction armour. They reset your reputation with the various factions in the game, so while normal Legionaries will still attack, Caesar won't send anymore assassins after you. Just remember to unequip it if you're in NCR territory and have positive reputation with them, otherwise they'll treat you as neutral.

Assassins are kind of a pain until you're high levelled, at which point they become an easy source for rare weapons and ammo.
    Pretty funny that they stop sending assassins after you if you dress like their mortal enemy.

Currently slogging my way through Max Payne 3. It's...alright, I guess. I think me getting stuck at a certain part for far too long (that damn pier/boatyard bit) has lessened my enjoyment rather a lot. The flashback level is still by far the best thing about it.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    i gave up on max payne 3. went back to playing the other two.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    I'm playing Sleeping Dogs and Syndicate (2012).

Sleeping Dogs is very good. It's exactly what it seemed like it would be -- an urban open world game set in Hong Kong with a neat brawling combat system. I've played about four hours so far and have had a great time. The combat is really fun, Hong Kong is a great setting with lots of stuff tucked away in the corners, and the plot and voice acting is pretty engaging. Very happy with it.

Syndicate is also good! I picked it up from Gamersgate on sale and have had a lot of fun with it. I finished the campaign and am now replaying it on the hardest difficulty level, and also playing the online co-op, which is a blast. Super hard, and made hard by the fact that there is no chat of any kind, which makes it a pretty surreal experience sometimes. But fun.

Wow didn't expect this,nice to hear that game is good so far!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Wow didn't expect this,nice to hear that game is good so far!
    Got a 9 on Destructoid and a 4/5 star on Giantbomb so far, color me excited!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    What separates Sleeping Dogs from Yakuza? (besides the HK setting and PC release)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    What separates Sleeping Dogs from Yakuza? (besides the HK setting and PC release)

Vehicles ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I'm not familiar with Yakuza so I can't answer that, sorry.

Network Hub
    I've only played the demos of Yakuza games so I can only give slightly more of a view, but Yakuza games are somewhat less open world than Sleeping Dogs is. I see them get compared to a next-gen River City Ransom if that's your thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    No, it's not cool to show me your strong device. At least buy me a drink first. Also, spam somewhere else please, or I'll hunt you down with my Shogun 2 armies and ninja.

Hmm, this got me in the mood for a little more killing tonight. But Shogun 2's not quite pulling me in the way Rome did. =(
    Last edited by Sakkura; 16-08-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobble_Hat View Post
    Currently slogging my way through Max Payne 3. It's...alright, I guess. I think me getting stuck at a certain part for far too long (that damn pier/boatyard bit) has lessened my enjoyment rather a lot. The flashback level is still by far the best thing about it.
    I very much enjoyed MP3, but the difficulty spikes were just insane.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    I very much enjoyed MP3, but the difficulty spikes were just insane.
    Same here, you're trekking through the game at a leisurely pace when suddenly you are up against a meat wall of 20 dudes firing at you directly after the checkpoint with no cover in sight. The core gameplay was nice, but I feel the level design mistreated that core gameplay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I'm playing Company of Heroes, because fuck yeah.

I'm also playing the jadequarry.com community server forums for Guild Wars 2. Currently, I'm in the runnings for most up- and down-votes.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen