Page 401 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 20958
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Only in the running? You disappoint me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Well, to be fair, I'm not seeing any strong competitors.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I'm playing Company of Heroes, because fuck yeah.

I'm also playing the jadequarry.com community server forums for Guild Wars 2. Currently, I'm in the runnings for most up- and down-votes.
    Only one such as you can create such clear fault lines. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Only one such as you can create such clear fault lines. :)
    My original plan was to get permabant from the game forum before the game was even released, but I'm making too many friends for that now.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Pretty funny that they stop sending assassins after you if you dress like their mortal enemy.
    Well, It makes sense, if not under disguise you're a personal enemy of Caesar, and he wants you dead, dismembered and fed to his dogs... A guy his special team of assassin is tracking.

Under disguise you're just a random NCR grunt or ranger. Sure the Legion is gonna attack you, but the assassins have more trouble finding you among the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Well, It makes sense, if not under disguise you're a personal enemy of Caesar, and he wants you dead, dismembered and fed to his dogs... A guy his special team of assassin is tracking.

Under disguise you're just a random NCR grunt or ranger. Sure the Legion is gonna attack you, but the assassins have more trouble finding you among the crowd.
    Crowd? ;)

Personally I find the assasins a bit of a cheap shot, just like those in Morrowind (or was it Oblivion?). It is especially annoying when fast traveling a lot (hmm, substitute assasins for dragons and you have my biggest annoyance in Skyrim as well... The plot thickens). The buggers always know where you are, and always show up "out of the blu... err, brown". But, as fiddlesticks pointed out, they are a good source for armor, ammo and weapons.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post

Maybe it's just that NCR soldiers are generally no threat at all, so they can't be bothered.

Still playing FO3 and having some of the same problem with Talon mercs. Used to be that three of them popped up at random, but the game apparently decided that things should be harder, so now it's six. That is a bit much.
    Otherwise I'm still enjoying just wandering around at mostly random.

This seems like a good first post to make.

Dota2

DayZ

Half life 2 (1st playthrough :o)

Minecraft

Trine 2

Sins of a solar empire

Went on GOG.com 3 days ago and grabbed Gorky 17, a turn-based strategy game and Planescape: Torment because I didn't have a decent PC back in the days they materialized.

Trying to beat Gorky first because I want to do Planescape as uninterrupted as possible so I can enjoy the story more.

Banned
    Mostly done throught Prototype 2, just reached Red Zone. Man, I hate when devs do shit like this... they fixed most of my complaints about the original in the sequel, but at the same time that what was good in the original now sucks.

So we have two flawed games, which would make one nigh-perfect one if combined. Eh.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I wanted to try out the new Mann vs. Machine mode in TF2. Apparently, so did a lot of other people. After waiting in the matchmaking lobby for roughly half an hour it looked like I'd finally be able to connect to a server, only for the game to tell me that I apparently have a "bad password".

All right fair enough, it happens sometimes. I queued up again. And after another half an hour of waiting I was loading up a new server. Finally!

Only for the server to time out.

Well played, Valve. Well played.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to reduce my frustration by drinking lots of alcohol and watching Ponyo.

Woohoo!! Finished HL2. The final third of the game was a total PITA. I hate the friendly AI: if you back away they're right behind out to block your taking cover. If you go somewhere, they get lost somewhere and won't provide cover. If you bump into anyone of them it seems like they won't budge, and then finally move exactly in the second worst possible place. Non-disposable AIs (think Barney) are the best because you can't even C-ommand them out of the way.

For most of the game I was looking forward to playing Ep1 and 2 but now I don't know if I really want to. Maybe a cooldown period will help.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to reduce my frustration by drinking lots of alcohol and watching Ponyo.
    You should do this even when sans frustration because Ponyo (and alcohol) is amazing.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Honestly any combination of Ghibli and alcohol makes for a great time. Nothing like getting a nice whisky, throwing on Porco Rosso and making plans to replay Crimson Skies.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I played a bit of Mann vs Machine with some friends on a listen server I created myself for the occasion. I had to figure out how to make it not a LAN server, but then it all worked fine. I recommend that approach to anyone who wants to try the mode out in the days to come, since the open servers are likely to be clogged for a while.

It's great fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Still playing Fallout: New Vegas. I can see why Fallout fans like it more than FO3, it's much more quest and story drive. Honestly, that doesn't thrill me much, but I'm plugging through all the obnoxious parts in civilization around the strip so I can get back out into the (far more interesting, IMO) general wastelands. I have to admit, all the clear "main plot" paths are unappealing. Without going into significant spoilers, can anyone tell me if there's an option to [spoilers] hand the strip over the the Followers and let them redistribute all these resources to more deserving people? That is, an option to destroy the strip that doesn't involve murdering everyone on the strip. I've been half-heartedly pursuing "Wild Card" as the b est of a bad set of options, but I don't want to run the strip so much as get rid of it. [/spoilers]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    More walking dead (still part 1, but a different play through) and a bit of Sleeping Dogs which does look pretty damn spectacular with the HD patch on. Also got an invite to the Steam beta off a friend which I'm checking out.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Got to Point Look-out in FO3. That's quite a difficulty spike. I have Lincoln's Repeater and the unique Chinese assault rifle, power armor and such and there's tons of ammo in the area, but nearly every encounter is still pretty hard. So far the only easy encounters have been with swamp ghouls and wild dogs, nearly all the rest have left me with half health or less.
    I could leave and come back later but since I'm already level 20, I doubt it'd help much.

Still, it's not so unbalanced that it makes it too frustrating (not yet at least), it just surprised me some.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Finished KotOR 2. Had been hesitating on moving into the final act because it is so soul crushing, but I did, and it was just as soul crushing as I remember...more so, actually, since I chose to descend fully into the dark side.

Time for some light hearted rpging with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Spent about 3 hours modding it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Finished KotOR 2. Had been hesitating on moving into the final act because it is so soul crushing, but I did, and it was just as soul crushing as I remember...more so, actually, since I chose to descend fully into the dark side.

Time for some light hearted rpging with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Spent about 3 hours modding it last week.
    Soul-crushing as in depressing, or because it was woefully unfinished? If the latter, why werent you playing with the restoration mod thingummy?

I'm pretty much biding my time until GW2/Dark Souls PC, with League of Legends, Minecraft and BF3 all getting some play-time for the time being. Also New Star Soccer on my phone. Tried a game of Mann vs Machine last night, apart from the horrendous queues, it seemed a wee bit buggy, the game I got into froze up on the final wave after we failed to complete it first time.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter