Page 403 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 24800
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Just finished Darksiders, really enjoyed it. Now I just have to wait until Darksiders II falls on the 15€ range on some sale so I can afford it, with luck it might happen on christmas, who knows.
    I'm pretty sure it will be heavily discounted on christmas time. It's not really doing all that well on pc.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

That makes me happy because I want it. It makes me sad because I wish THQ were getting more money.
    EDIT: FInished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    Last edited by Gorzan; 18-08-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    4 hours seems right, the speed runs are something else though. I know i had more fun in my brief time with Mirror's Edge than i had in the whole time I was with some longer manshoots.

Hell, you can always replay it, or do time trials ^_^
    About paying full price? I wouldn't know, i don't do that anymore.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'm dumb as all hell, I've just started my first game of Medieval II and noticed a distinct lack of options, I checked it and turns out I didn't have Kingdoms. That means that when I got it on the summer sale I forgot to check if I was getting the normal version or the equally priced complete version...

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    FInished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well?
    What? How did you manage that? My recent first playthrough took me about 7 hours and I don't remember dying much or getting stuck for more than a few moments.

Really? The way I see it it's really hard to take more than 5 hours out of the game if you don't do the challenges.

I recall that it took me around 6 to 7 hours and I was stuck in a place or two for a few tries.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Tower Wars

I'm not really getting how the points work yet, I get to send out a bunch of my first units, then when I unlocked my knights I can't send them out for some reason. I'm not sure what I need for sending them out.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just got installed Severance:Blade of Darkness,fully patched and "modified" so it runs well on win7,also menu/background bug is fixed! Now i only need to find some time to start my playthrough as BARBARIAN :p

I've been mostly stuck in a loop of God Games recently. Started with SimCity 3000, before moving on to SC4. Galactic Civilizations 2 had been making a comeback, before I bought Civ V in a recent Steam sale which then ended up taking most of my free time.

I've just installed Dawnguard, and have created a new character and re-set all my Skyrim config and mods back to vanilla (except for the Unofficial Skyrim patch - nice to see the guys behind the superb Oblivion version are doing the same for TESV).

I was going to post in the forums here asking RPS what their current favourite mods are, but there seems to be some form of (understandable) anti-spam thing in place stopping new members creating new threads. I've been an RPS subscriber and general lurker for years, just never got round to registering for the forums...

Oh well, guess I'll have to poke the RPS hive mind at a later date. Back to Tamriel for me...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I'm dumb as all hell, I've just started my first game of Medieval II and noticed a distinct lack of options, I checked it and turns out I didn't have Kingdoms. That means that when I got it on the summer sale I forgot to check if I was getting the normal version or the equally priced complete version...
    That's rough, as Kingdoms is pretty much an ideal expansion pack.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Yeah, and the worst part of it is knowing that it's completelly my fault.

Network Hub
    That makes me happy because I want it. It makes me sad because I wish THQ were getting more money.
    EDIT: FInished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    I don't trust Steam's "played" times. Pretty sure they occasionally underreport for some reason. That could have happened in this case; 4 hours is quite fast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    It's not really doing all that well on pc.
    What's that based on? The graphics issues? Considering the amount complaining about it (and it's understandable, obviously) I'd say it's done rather well on there, actually. In top 10 on Steam, so it can't be doing too badly. Not to mention, two other platforms it's on. I imagine it's doing quite well for itself.

how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    The best speeds runs, that I'm aware of, can clear the entire game in just shy of 35 minutes. Last time I checked. Admittedly, that was a year ago. It could be lower. As for the "blokes paying full price", well, there's a couple of ways of looking at it. In terms of game-play, absolutely no other games does what it does. It's a fresh (still is) experience that, whilst perhaps flawed, is exciting and involving. On the other hand, the game is unquestionably built for replayability. You say you did it in 4 hours? Okay, play it again, but do it in 3. Do the time trials etc. There's a lot more to the game than just completing the story once.