Page 403 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 24800
  1. #8041
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Just finished Darksiders, really enjoyed it. Now I just have to wait until Darksiders II falls on the 15€ range on some sale so I can afford it, with luck it might happen on christmas, who knows.
    I'm pretty sure it will be heavily discounted on christmas time. It's not really doing all that well on pc.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  2. #8042
    Lesser Hivemind Node Gorzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    782
    That makes me happy because I want it. It makes me sad because I wish THQ were getting more money.
    EDIT: FInished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    Last edited by Gorzan; 18-08-2012 at 04:09 PM.

  3. #8043
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Finished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    4 hours seems right, the speed runs are something else though. I know i had more fun in my brief time with Mirror's Edge than i had in the whole time I was with some longer manshoots.

    Hell, you can always replay it, or do time trials ^_^
    About paying full price? I wouldn't know, i don't do that anymore.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  4. #8044
    Lesser Hivemind Node Gorzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    782
    I'm dumb as all hell, I've just started my first game of Medieval II and noticed a distinct lack of options, I checked it and turns out I didn't have Kingdoms. That means that when I got it on the summer sale I forgot to check if I was getting the normal version or the equally priced complete version...

  5. #8045
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    FInished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well?
    What? How did you manage that? My recent first playthrough took me about 7 hours and I don't remember dying much or getting stuck for more than a few moments.

  6. #8046
    Lesser Hivemind Node Gorzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    782
    Really? The way I see it it's really hard to take more than 5 hours out of the game if you don't do the challenges.

  7. #8047
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,205
    I recall that it took me around 6 to 7 hours and I was stuck in a place or two for a few tries.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  8. #8048
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Tower Wars

    I'm not really getting how the points work yet, I get to send out a bunch of my first units, then when I unlocked my knights I can't send them out for some reason. I'm not sure what I need for sending them out.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  9. #8049
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,296
    Just got installed Severance:Blade of Darkness,fully patched and "modified" so it runs well on win7,also menu/background bug is fixed! Now i only need to find some time to start my playthrough as BARBARIAN :p

  10. #8050
    Obscure Node piphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    I've been mostly stuck in a loop of God Games recently. Started with SimCity 3000, before moving on to SC4. Galactic Civilizations 2 had been making a comeback, before I bought Civ V in a recent Steam sale which then ended up taking most of my free time.

    I've just installed Dawnguard, and have created a new character and re-set all my Skyrim config and mods back to vanilla (except for the Unofficial Skyrim patch - nice to see the guys behind the superb Oblivion version are doing the same for TESV).

    I was going to post in the forums here asking RPS what their current favourite mods are, but there seems to be some form of (understandable) anti-spam thing in place stopping new members creating new threads. I've been an RPS subscriber and general lurker for years, just never got round to registering for the forums...

    Oh well, guess I'll have to poke the RPS hive mind at a later date. Back to Tamriel for me...

  11. #8051
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm dumb as all hell, I've just started my first game of Medieval II and noticed a distinct lack of options, I checked it and turns out I didn't have Kingdoms. That means that when I got it on the summer sale I forgot to check if I was getting the normal version or the equally priced complete version...
    That's rough, as Kingdoms is pretty much an ideal expansion pack.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

  12. #8052
    Lesser Hivemind Node Gorzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    782
    Yeah, and the worst part of it is knowing that it's completelly my fault.

  13. #8053
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    That makes me happy because I want it. It makes me sad because I wish THQ were getting more money.
    EDIT: FInished mirror's edge too, steam says in 4 hours, and I can't help but wonder... I'm really bad at this game, and had to di some things again too many times, how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    I don't trust Steam's "played" times. Pretty sure they occasionally underreport for some reason. That could have happened in this case; 4 hours is quite fast.

  14. #8054
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    It's not really doing all that well on pc.
    What's that based on? The graphics issues? Considering the amount complaining about it (and it's understandable, obviously) I'd say it's done rather well on there, actually. In top 10 on Steam, so it can't be doing too badly. Not to mention, two other platforms it's on. I imagine it's doing quite well for itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    how long would it be for someone who actually did it well? and how did those kind of blockes feel when paying full price?
    The best speeds runs, that I'm aware of, can clear the entire game in just shy of 35 minutes. Last time I checked. Admittedly, that was a year ago. It could be lower. As for the "blokes paying full price", well, there's a couple of ways of looking at it. In terms of game-play, absolutely no other games does what it does. It's a fresh (still is) experience that, whilst perhaps flawed, is exciting and involving. On the other hand, the game is unquestionably built for replayability. You say you did it in 4 hours? Okay, play it again, but do it in 3. Do the time trials etc. There's a lot more to the game than just completing the story once.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  15. #8055
    Lesser Hivemind Node Gorzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    782
    Playing Crysis Warhead too, and finally, thanks to my new machine I can feel this on max settings. Not that it's such a feat nowadays, but it feels good anyway.

  16. #8056
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    I don't trust Steam's "played" times. Pretty sure they occasionally underreport for some reason. That could have happened in this case; 4 hours is quite fast.
    Yeah Steams time tracker is well known for being somewhat suspect. I believe it has something to do with when you use the overlay and it effectively stops recording game time.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

  17. #8057
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Yeah Steams time tracker is well known for being somewhat suspect. I believe it has something to do with when you use the overlay and it effectively stops recording game time.
    Yeah, it does seem a bit off. For some reason, when I play CK2 through the install directory, rather than through the Steam client, Steam doesn't seem to register my play time. However, when I play Botanicula, which I've installed outside of Steam but still have in my library (not marked as installed there), Steam registers my play time. It's wonky to say the least.

  18. #8058
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    I don't trust Steam's "played" times. Pretty sure they occasionally underreport for some reason. That could have happened in this case; 4 hours is quite fast.
    It doesn't count if you're in offline mode or your internet connection's down temporarily, and the game has to be launched via Steam (as far as I can tell).

  19. #8059
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    It doesn't count if you're in offline mode or your internet connection's down temporarily, and the game has to be launched via Steam (as far as I can tell).
    Nope, never launched Botanicula through Steam (it isn't even marked as installed), yet I have 4 hrs played.

  20. #8060
    Network Hub Herzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Shenyang
    Posts
    134
    Still cant get my hands off Red Orchestra 2. Currently at level 83 and most of the time now I am playing as a mg gunner. The new patch has been good. Commissars House seems playable again from the russian side. Cant wait for Rising Storm to be released!

    Completed Offspring Fling. Funny game but I am not motivated enough to play through all of the levels again and beating the necessary times to unlock the bonus levels.

    Started playing Bastion. Almost 3 hours in and I already can understand all the praise it got. Music, graphics, the narrator - you just want to keep on playing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •