Page 405 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505905 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 23706
    Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    The bf3 campaign was a wasted opportunity. It looks, feels and sounds great, the locations are superb and the basic gunplay of the engine is awesome in and of itself, but all the blatant attempts to rip off MW end up hurting it quite a bit. The coop missions are an improvement, too bad there is only 6 of them. I would buy a coop expansion for bf3 that adds 10-12 of those.

Obscure Node
    i'm in waiting for this game

written it will be released in august 2012.

Just started another run in Dragon Quest IX after two years. I think I've lost count on how many bookshelves I've turned inside out just to find a few alchemy recipies
    Last edited by Voon; 20-08-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah! Thanks, Voon, you reminded me to charge up my DS so I can try and get back into DQIX. Brilliant writing, but I seem to recall I was finding the crafting aspect to be very frustrating, since drop rates on just about everything are so low.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Neverwinter Nights 2 feels so friggin' cheap from the back alley run onwards in chapter 1. I'm facing wave after wave of identical encounters, each able to wipe out or seriously damage my party.

It's nice to see Kelgar and Neeshka again though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't worry - once you're done with that cheap segment the game turns super easy. And the alley is the worst of it, too, so you're past that!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    last thing i played was of course baldurs gate 2. was about to leave promenade and get to the slums. but got stuck fighting few guys in upper flors of an inn. most difficult fight ever :(
    Pookie is a right little bastard there. I find Chaos or Confusion to be good in that fight as it'll almost always get at least one of them.
    And try not to let the thief get away when he runs for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1 View Post
    i'm in waiting for this game
    [Western Story]
    written it will be released in august 2012.
    If that's a bot with the sole purpose of advertising one game, it's a pretty effective one.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I've been playing some more of the Mann vs. Machine mode in TF2 and I'm starting to figure out the best strategies for classes. It's interesting to see how some loadouts that are inferior in the normal game really shine in this mode. Though as expected, Medics and Demos still completely dominate every other class. Still, with the exception of Sniper and Spy I feel every class occupies a useful niche and there's a lot of different setups that let you win.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Snipers and spies are supposed to handle the big special bots I assume. Spies can disable them and snipers can dish out big damage to individual targets. Since they are not in every wave however that seems a bit narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Ah! Thanks, Voon, you reminded me to charge up my DS so I can try and get back into DQIX. Brilliant writing, but I seem to recall I was finding the crafting aspect to be very frustrating, since drop rates on just about everything are so low.
    Actually, you don't have to grind for the ingredients since you could just find some of them in the overworld or buy them straight out of the store like Tanglewebs or some Sleeping Hibiscus.

But yeah, alchemy is sort of a love-hate thing. There's some stuff that you have to grind for to make something that you ultimately won't use or it saves you a lot of money by getting the better armours and weapons that you can buy later in the game (which are relatively easy to craft, early on)
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think snipers definitely have a place in TF2's co-op. It's my second preferable class to use. It does require a few power-ups to be super powerful, but once you get bullet penetration and damage/explosive head damage/scope power-up time, you can deal out serious damage, on multiple targets. I've been able to do just shy of 1K to two giant mechs because they were standing next to each other and I was able to line it up.

Of course my preferred class is the engineer. Given the wrangler, the device that lets you control your own turret, you just obliterate everything...until you have to stop and resupply it. Good upgrades for that seem to be metal regeneration and then dispenser range to full. The back-up turret is great, but best not used for supporting fire, better to cover you specifically from stray targets that manage to get through.