Page 407 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507907 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 25159
    Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    You know you're playing too much The Secret World when you start having dreams about the effin' game; I seriously haven't played anything else since Saturday. It's been a long ass time since an MMO hooked me this much.
    It's not the dreams that bother me....it's the nightmares.....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    It's not the dreams that bother me....it's the nightmares.....
    Can't say the game is really getting under my skin in a terror kind of way; except the rollercoaster ride in the savage coast. Man, fuck that rollercoaster.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Shame you played Gold instead of stock version. The levels which were cut from The Dark Project(and which are added in Gold) were cut for very good reasons.
    Well I tended to just dislike the monster heavy levels...whether they were Gold or not. That second (or third?) to last "escape" level, for example, was by far the worst thing about the game. It's loaded with monsters and fighting is impractical as you have so few weapons and stealth is useless as there are too many, so I just finally ended up running past everything and kiting monsters behind me the whole way until I found the exit via trial and error. But even then it really sucked.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Little portions of Sleeping Dogs and some League of Legends.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Turn on tank controls in the options.
    My hero! :) I guess when I saw that I coudn't change anything under "controls" I just gave up looking.

Ohffffffffffff-

So. EDGE is one of those games that goes out of its way to fuck you. Well, to hell with that, I'm not having enough fun with this game to put up with its shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    So. EDGE is one of those games that goes out of its way to fuck you. Well, to hell with that, I'm not having enough fun with this game to put up with its shenanigans.
    Having played probably about half of it, I actually kind of like it but the controls are not up to scratch. It makes no sense that 'edging' is more easily done by tapping the dpad than actually balancing on an analog stick. Also, the level design betrays its origins as a mobile game that you likely won't play for more than 20-30 minutes at a time.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Wait til you get to level 27, you'll see what I mean. Also, I'm rather annoyed by how the game appears to be deliberately using ambiguous perspectives to make things harder for you. I guess I was expecting a bit more from the game. It just doesn't do anything interesting with its basic concept, as far as I can tell.

Wait til you get to level 27, you'll see what I mean.
    I've beaten up to level 33 of the normal levels and 29 of the extended ones. Then I got interested in something else and sadly left it unfinished. They do get tricky (we do want a difficulty curve do we?), but much frustration just wouldn't be there if the controls were more accurate: I wonder how it's like on the iPhone, the touchscreen should make things harder, at least in theory.

BTW I've finished The Tiny Bang Story, which is a delightful game with great art and music (OST is a free download from the dev's site). Very relaxing, except for 2 or 3 logical puzzles which are way harder than the rest and can ruin the peaceful mood the game instills.

After seeing this thread, I'm a bit non-plussed, but the game's still worth playing.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Well, I was playing Guild Wars and was on track to unlock the Cute Kitty Cat (just had to finish War in Kryta and Nightfall), but probably not gonna bother. I REALLY hate the White Mantle and the mission layout of War in Kryta is horrid, and Nightfall has the "no respawns on a mission" rule.

'tis a shame, I really wanted that kitty cat.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I've beaten up to level 33 of the normal levels and 29 of the extended ones. Then I got interested in something else and sadly left it unfinished. They do get tricky (we do want a difficulty curve do we?), but much frustration just wouldn't be there if the controls were more accurate: I wonder how it's like on the iPhone, the touchscreen should make things harder, at least in theory.
    I haven't really gotten the impression of a significant difficulty curve. I started on the extended edition, and after quitting on level 27/43 of the normal difficulty, I started on the hard difficulty levels. Only level 13/15 required a balancing act that I couldn't pull off, and I didn't struggle more on the rest than the normal levels. So either my skill is improving so subtly that I can't notice, or it doesn't actually get any more difficult. I'm betting on the latter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Kane & Lynch 2: Better than the first, but am I having fun? The aesthetic is straight out of No's Into the Void, but I didn't exactly enjoy that either...

Currently playing through KOTOR1. After meaning to play the game for quite some time, and then picking it up for a few dollars in the summer sale recently I thought it was about time I give it a go.

Very good game all in all despite all the fact that its buggy as well. Having to reload after every couple of battles due to my main character being unable to move got annoying fast.

Saints Row the Third, again, this time on PC. I'm in a weird pickle where my character looks fine in the world but like Baby Jane in cutscenes. It's unsettling. I assume it has something to do with lighting or low-res textures or...voxels or something. Voxels are a thing, right?

A lot of Kingdoms of Amalur and loving it. Besides that, Bastion, Cave Story+ (which is surprisingly tough for me). Also started yesterday, an EPIC Civ 5 game with my guildies. 1 turn per day, so that is going to take about an year to finish. We're using Giant Multiplayer Robot and hotseat mode for playing asynchronously. Landmass is Pangea, Quick Pace, Prince difficulty, 3 teams (4 us and 2 teams of 3 AIs each). We're French, Russian, Japanese and Roman. Hope this does not become another "Eternal war" of Civ 2 :P Eitherway, we'll have an awesome story to tell when it is over.

I haven't really gotten the impression of a significant difficulty curve. I started on the extended edition, and after quitting on level 27/43 of the normal difficulty, I started on the hard difficulty levels. Only level 13/15 required a balancing act that I couldn't pull off, and I didn't struggle more on the rest than the normal levels. So either my skill is improving so subtly that I can't notice, or it doesn't actually get any more difficult. I'm betting on the latter.
    You're not Tim Langdel by any chance? :)
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Just finished The Missing Link, Ignoring most of the backtracking I actually enjoyed it more than most sections of the main game, it just feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Saints Row the Third, again, this time on PC. I'm in a weird pickle where my character looks fine in the world but like Baby Jane in cutscenes. It's unsettling. I assume it has something to do with lighting or low-res textures or...voxels or something. Voxels are a thing, right?
    I have exactly the same... Which makes the cutscenes somewhat surreal, like my character is possesed when cut-scening, but pretends nothing happened when giving me the controls back/when I take over. Something similar happens in Skyrim and Fallout 3 / New Vegas as well sometimes, giving my characters weird "shadow moustaches"
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    I have exactly the same... Which makes the cutscenes somewhat surreal, like my character is possesed when cut-scening, but pretends nothing happened when giving me the controls back/when I take over. Something similar happens in Skyrim and Fallout 3 / New Vegas as well sometimes, giving my characters weird "shadow moustaches"
    All characters are potato faces in Bethesda games, it's impossible to make a good looking character.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    All characters are potato faces in Bethesda games, it's impossible to make a good looking character.
    It is way better in Skyrim though. I love the look of my Orc.