Page 452 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552952 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 24077
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Have almost reached level 13. A rather vicious sabre cat ambush was a few health points away from ending my career though.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Do you people sniff lines of crushed up toenails?
    Make an achievement for it.

Then just watch.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post

Then just watch.
    Don't give them any ideas.

How soon before there's an achievement for "gave the game a user score of 10 on Metacritic"?
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post

Then just watch.
    was just asking. I hate sniffing lines of crushed up toenails.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Well, they could have used the faction system from New Vegas, which worked just fine and made choices more meaningful and hard to make. Or at least do something more subtle than killing the emperor . It was out of place and idiotic even for a game like Skyrim (light weight sandbox RPG with emphasis on fun).
    Different developer - Obsidian like doing more meaningful stuff and really aren't even suited that well to sandbox because of it.

It was a stupidly over-the-top quest in Skyrim though, and I only imagine it was put in there to satisfy people who can't enjoy games unless they're Saving The World or doing Other Great Things. A better idea would have been to be hunting an empire equivalent of you - some master assassin or spy master. Then it could lead to epic, challenging encounters but the sort which concern people no one knows about - so it'd make sense for it to never be mentioned in the game world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    was just asking. I hate sniffing lines of crushed up toenails.
    Come on, that was just redundant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel- View Post
    was just asking. I hate JRPGs
    Agreed though,
    they are a blight.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Sanctums thing is the added element of 'personal' retribution against the invading scumbags. I always found my reaction to 'resistant' enemies was less "you cheap b*stards" and more "well, i better get stuck in then"
    Saying that i haven't booted up Sanctum for a while, whats it like with the latest big update? I heard there were new maps.
    Multiplayer works, which is a lot more than I can say for the last time I attempted a play. They folded in the old map DLC into the free game (though I think I already had paid for them) and there's a few new map packs which I'm tempted to get when I tear through the ones I haven't played yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Playing Silent Storm and, as always, get impressed with all the details they managed to put into it. Other developers (of the few who make squad-based games these days) could learn a good lot from it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Started Spec Ops with my friend,game looks medicore with everything on full,also it plays very medicore,now i played it for an hour,so i can't say anything about story but gameplay is so medicore i can't believe people praised this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    i can't say anything about story but gameplay is so medicore i can't believe people praised this game.
    Really, in the same world where cod:11.5 The Blops gets 10/10?

I expect mediocrity to be praised.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Just started playing the ordinary SP in spec ops. The gameplay is extremely ordinary, but it's not really the main attraction is it? The game does falter technically on many points (disjointed, unphysical animations, bad lip sync, weak weapon sounds etc.) but the story is working so far, and the environments are really something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    But that is not big aspect of games for me,if gameplay is not good i can't force myself to play it just because of story.

Otherwise would be nice if i get few suggestions for games of 2012,i don't know what to play.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 11-10-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Napoleon Total War is harder than expected. Or at least, more different than expected.

I'm unused to having such strict turn limits and as such find myself within 20 turns from the end of the Italian campaign with much left to do.
    This is compounded by Objectives being more important and almost necessary to follow, for example: capturing Turin will net Sardinia as a protectorate, freeing me up to engage Austria proper along a single front. This may allow me to actually achieve the goal of 6 territories - one of which is the far NE one (you start in the far SW) which requires getting through Venetian territory somehow (war is not a good option).

From what I've seen so far I far prefer Empire, at least vanilla. Napoleon feels a bit scripted and confined, in that certain diplomatic things just won't work as nations are following set rules. It's still fun, but I must admit to being a little disappointed after the greatness that was Empire: TW.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Napoleon campaigns go much smoother if you don't try to capture every territory between your initial city and your ultimate objective. Of course, supply lines and all that jazz.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel- View Post
    Do you people play JRPGs?
    I like Dark Soul- waitaminit

I do play the Dragon Quest trilogy on the DS. Finished it all in a total of 60+ hours.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    But that is not big aspect of games for me,if gameplay is not good i can't force myself to play it just because of story.

Otherwise would be nice if i get few suggestions for games of 2012,i don't know what to play.

just Get Dishonored. Best Stealth game since Chaos Theory

hey, I thought Thief 2 had the best Stealth
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Banned
    badminton and lodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    hey, I thought Thief 2 had the best Stealth
    I love that most stealth extremism is ruled by Thief despite most of its fanatics not actually like trying playing any other stealth games.