Page 464 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564964 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 22722
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Tried Mortal Online's free trial... It's incredible that a game that's so intrinsically appealing on paper is so unbelievably boring in practice. Then again, I've never been much for MMO's.

Airmech is increasingly fun as I bumble my way through the intricacies of its (surprisingly deep) strategies.

And I did a terrible thing and lost another night of my life to Minecraft, something I haven't done since 2009.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Tried Mortal Online's free trial... It's incredible that a game that's so intrinsically appealing on paper is so unbelievably boring in practice. Then again, I've never been much for MMO's.
    Describes my experience with every mmo. I suppose because when you write about it you are condensing the experience, whereas playing it is the exact opposite with all the watered down progress.

I am playing Doom 3, the release of the BFG edition and it being near Halloween and all, got me wanting to play through it again. With enough mods the game looks better than many modern FPS games, except a few things like weapon models. I had forgotten how intricately detailed so much of the game is, I mean people complain about the monster closet aspect but almost everyone of them is a thoughtfully planned out encounter that keeps you on your toes (except when they lock you in a small room and spawn tons of Head Spider, fuck that shit), and it's a hell of a lot more interesting than just shooting at waves of enemies that spawn around corners ala CoD; the details I especially like though, are all the computer monitors and scientific equipment - you just know that Carmack was the driving force behind all the detail given to that stuff - with every computer in the game having some little program running on it, and how the monitors can be interacted with without having to go into a separate screen. I love that, more games should do that.
    Last edited by agentorange; 23-10-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Fuck yeah! I've finally beaten the damn FTL boss. On a game which I started saturday just to show my BIL what FTL was like (the irony). It was easy: all I needed was a ton of scrap, and crew for free :P It would have been even easier if only I didn't moronically lose my levelled-up away team of rockmans.

Bog standard Kestrel with Burst Laser and 2 Small Bombs, Anti-Ship I + Defense I (virtually useless).
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Red Faction:Guerilla@ How fun is to destroy everything around you haha :D Any other games with similar destruction level (Beside Bad Company/BF3) ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Red Faction:Guerilla@ How fun is to destroy everything around you haha :D Any other games with similar destruction level (Beside Bad Company/BF3) ?
    a new zero is one that comes to mind.
    http://www.crypticsea.com/anewzero/
    Also "Love"
    http://www.quelsolaar.com/
    Both free.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Describes my experience with every mmo. I suppose because when you write about it you are condensing the experience, whereas playing it is the exact opposite with all the watered down progress.
    I ignored experience and got excited when City of Heroes was made free-to-play and spent over an hour crafting my own special Superhero ('Vic 20', a cautionary example of a teenage boy who got rather too intimate with his 8-but computer) only to be dumped into the same-old-grind. I never played it again.

The first MMO I experienced was, of course, WoW which I played compulsively for two months until a week's bout of sickness took me away and I realised exactly what I'd been doing for all that time. Or to be more precise, the lack of what I'd been doing.

Network Hub
    Hotline Miami is apparently being released today. But GOG still won't let me download it. :(

Oh yeah Hotline Miami! preordered it via GetGames. I expect it to be released this evening some time.

I'd like to say I can hardly wait, but then I'm playing Dishonored at the moment. There's so much possibilities to get around these beautiful maps, and so many ways to kill everyone that I'm almost sad at times that I'm going for the stealthy route, and end up just blink&strong-arming everyone.

But every now and then, I get a little bit crazy, attach a Springrazor to a rat and let it run across the yard. then I hit reload. This mad Stealth-Save-Berserk-Reload pattern is exactly the same to how I played DX:HR. very slow progress.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Finished XCOM on Normal, lost two men during the last battle and was extremely lucky at the end because I was hanging on to dear life but Psi Storm made sure the Elite Muton with this grenades exploded in range of the two Ethereal and did enough damage to finish them off in the next turn.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Other then cool destruction Red Faction is dull game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    It's hard to make an interesting sandbox game, there's so much potential but interest is quickly lost.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Red Faction is majorly lacking in driving and shooting. I played GTA 4 for 34 hours in first few days so yeah,it waas awesome game for me,same with first Mafia game,really well done sandbox game,neat shooting,driving and story.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I just discovered that A Game of Dwarfs is out today. It's bought and my plans for this evening have already been forgotten!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Oh yeah Hotline Miami! preordered it via GetGames. I expect it to be released this evening some time.

I'd like to say I can hardly wait, but then I'm playing Dishonored at the moment. There's so much possibilities to get around these beautiful maps, and so many ways to kill everyone that I'm almost sad at times that I'm going for the stealthy route, and end up just blink&strong-arming everyone.

But every now and then, I get a little bit crazy, attach a Springrazor to a rat and let it run across the yard. then I hit reload. This mad Stealth-Save-Berserk-Reload pattern is exactly the same to how I played DX:HR. very slow progress.
    I think it is already available on GetGames. I checked and there was an activation key associated with it. Can't enter it into steam to verify right now, but it might be the serial.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Sounds like the same problem I had with Guerilla: got to about the third area before running out of will to play. I have higher hopes for Armageddon due to its linear nature.

Activated Node
    I tried to play a Game of Dwarves. Emphasis on tried, because hey, it's a paradox game, so it -doesn't work-. Why do I even bother with them anymore?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I'm going to buy that right now because I am stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Sounds like the same problem I had with Guerilla: got to about the third area before running out of will to play. I have higher hopes for Armageddon due to its linear nature.

Wasn't that game already released ?? I hope they improved shooting :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Wasn't that game already released ?? I hope they improved shooting :D
    Been released for a while. I've just had it sitting unplayed in my Steam list for several months.

What are you waiting for,try it!

I started Dragon Age:Origins for the first time,music is so epic,story so far is interesting,everything seems so top notch.. I feel quite bad i waited this long untill i try this out :/