Page 504 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 44044544945025035045055065145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,080 of 23328
    You may, but I want to at least complete a vanilla campaing on every Total War I own before modding them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    No need to fear,it just improved vanillia stuff:

It combines bug fixes, many small mods, changes to AI and AI armies, more provinces, graphical improvements and many other campaign and battle map changes in a package aimed at providing a much greater challenge and more enjoyable gameplay.
    Stainless Steel mostly keeps the same setting as the original Medieval 2 campaign, though it expands the map east and north while removing America.

Some people see it as expanding on the things they disliked the most. I'd rather have something to compare with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Some people see it as expanding on the things they disliked the most. I'd rather have something to compare with.
    I knew M2 wasn't for me (at least in vanilla form) when I realsied I had armies of assassins in Europe killing off entire families/factions in the span of a few years, all so I could take their provinces without the Pope bitching at me. Seriously, I assassinated all of France in 2 turns; had a 10 star assassin at one point who made a new Pope almost every turn. That isn't how TW games should be yet that's how the game encouraged me to play.

I'm very conflict-centered, so that wont be a problem for me, I use agents as much as it's needed, and not more.
    Maybe that's part of the reason I always have such flimsy economies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Hawken beta. NDA is over, right?

It feels like playing UT while drunk and partially blindfolded. Not the worst thing I played, certainly, but needs improvements ASAP. Right now IMO the UI is terrible. HUD is painful to watch at. Can't see a thing behind giant YOU ASSISTED IN KILLING SOMEGUY messages. Robots don't feel like robots but that may be a conscious decision by devs. Levels are pointless mazes impossible to memorize or navigate, very few landmarks. I love the design but game is a bit too fast pased to pay too much attention to postapocalyptic anime-inspired landscapes. Also, grind. People complained about grind for flares/defibrilator in BF3( 32 vs 32 game in which a lvl 1 guy with assault rifle is always welcome) but it's nothing compared to this. You are the worst mech( Almost Urbanmech-bad) with worst weapons, it takes 20-30 seconds of firing main weapon to kill anyone and it overheats, now go kill bad guys in a small map in 4 vs 4 TDM, everyone else is lvl 7-20. Good luck.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 25-11-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Asscreed 2 is out, Sleeping Dogs is in. Combat, story, playground are all better in sleeping dogs and with the high res pack and sliders set high it looks brilliant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, because I had sudden crave for something doomlike.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Banned
    Well that's a first. I am literally stuck in a corridor first person shooter.

Any advice - or rather, just tell me how the hell does this work - about rope swinging section in BLOPS2? I click the buttons. I hold the buttons. I do it before the wall, when I hit the wall, and when the prompts appear. And I bounce off and die every time.

Banned
    Just finished Spec Ops.

That was... intense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Just finished Spec Ops.

That was... intense.
    Recommended? How much did you pay?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So I'm just peacefully having a nice game of Fallen Enchantress when some huge monster wanders over and eats a city. How rude.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Recommended? How much did you pay?
    All of it? Including investigating the outcomes of some decisions.

The game is fun, but not mechanically demanding of the player. Standard sticky cover stuff that you can switch off and blaze through, however, you will be paying attention through out the entire thing because of the story.

It's excellent, possibly above and beyond what The Walking Dead has done story in games this year, even though it's a completely different set of feels provided by the time it's all said and done.

The way the storyh is delivered is nothing short of amazing really.

Criminally under the radar this game.

Get it while it's still cheap on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hey, the AI is building custom units I designed in my previous game! That's pretty cool.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Put six hours in to Spec Ops,didn't do shit for me.

huh. I was just going to take a short look at To The Moon which I got from some bundle or other, but I ended up playing it for close to three hours and I'm only stopping because I have to get to bed.
    I'm not into adventure games at all. They tend to make me feel like I have to work to watch a cartoon, or such, but the story in To The Moon is interesting enough to keep me playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I bought XCOM on Friday and got to the final mission yesterday. I find it interesting that on Ironman mode you're allowed to reload the final mission when, I mean if, you fail.

Damn Ethereals...
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Put six hours in to Spec Ops,didn't do shit for me.
    Such a bad game, with a derivative story to boot. The devs tried to insulate themselves from criticism by claiming the moral wargame high ground. Worked to some extent, I guess, but I'm glad it didn't sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by georgetownhoya View Post
    Such a bad game, with a derivative story to boot. The devs tried to insulate themselves from criticism by claiming the moral wargame high ground. Worked to some extent, I guess, but I'm glad it didn't sell well.
    The bolded part might make you a terrible person. I really don't get the hate for Spec-ops though, I thought it was a brilliant game, as the setting was fairly unique (going with Dubai rather than run-down middle eastern village), and the story, while not perfect, did morally grey better than any other man shoot on the market.
    It's a damsight better than CoD's "Shoot all of the civilians!" attempt, and Battlefields "Shoot your Commanding Officer because a man you litterally just meet told you to!", and I think it derserves some success for that.

Been playing Air Conflict: Secret Wars, and I like it! It's shallow, completely arcade, and it has a silly-but-moderately-entertaining casablanca-ish backstory, but it's fun. Sometimes you just want to fly around shooting baddies, and not bother about trimming your engines.