Page 509 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 94094594995075085095105115195596091009 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,180 of 20989
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    I got my shiny new gamepad some weeks ago, but I don't have FIFA/PES as of now. Will probably play some foot-to-ball games early next year.
    And if it's any consolation, I enjoy your match reports and screenshots.

Check screenshot thread mate,i posted some shots from netherland league and my character.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Tom J: I'm using Stalker Complete, with the visuals turned way down (my computer wasn't chosen for gaming). RPSers are divided on this, I know, but it sounded like the original game was buggy enough that modding to bug-fix was advisable.

The Legend of Grimrock mods so far sound like they're mainly things to keep people interested after they've already played through, but that's just from a quick glance at its forums.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. GAME OVER. BEGIN. GAME OVER. BEGIN. GAME OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEG INGAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEGIN.

Super Hexagon is a fantastic game.
    Ha! Isn't it? The best part is that you want to hear that delicious chiptune beat, it's very much like The Impossible Game on the iOS.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare: Brutal, tactical, tense. The most fun I've had with a mp game in years.

Super Hexagon: Really difficult, extremely satisfying.

Dishonored: Beautiful, poorly written, well crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Tom J: I'm using Stalker Complete, with the visuals turned way down (my computer wasn't chosen for gaming). RPSers are divided on this, I know, but it sounded like the original game was buggy enough that modding to bug-fix was advisable.
    As long as you're playing the game without patches, anyway. 1.0005 was pretty stable
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post

Dishonored: Beautiful, poorly written, well crafted.
    The game's narrative may be lacking, sure. But the writing that went into the world-building (mis en motherfuckin scene) is top-notch in my opinion.

Syndicate

Bought Syndicate on sale for $5 to experience its scifi atmosphere. Discovered that you can't change game difficulty without a full campaign restart. Why, why, why would anyone think that is possibly, in any universe, a good design decision?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Bought Syndicate on sale for $5 to experience its scifi atmosphere. Discovered that you can't change game difficulty without a full campaign restart. Why, why, why would anyone think that is possibly, in any universe, a good design decision?
    It makes you restart the campaign, effectively increasing the amount of time it'll take you to finish the SP. EA.

It also hitches whenever you take a screenshot in FRAPS. Huge party foul.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post

The Legend of Grimrock mods so far sound like they're mainly things to keep people interested after they've already played through, but that's just from a quick glance at its forums.
    The complete mod is superb.

I gave Endless Space a shot for a total of 39 min. The Background was engrosing the soundscape and graphics beautiful. But I just simply don't 'get' these sort fo games. I think I'd need a real hold-your-hand-tutorial to even begin to scratch the surface of this game.

Started over in Darklands. Actually assigning skill points in character creation was a pretty big deal. Killed a robber knight and made a bunch of money and I'm slowly making progress with my skills, learning about new saints (one of my guys speaking good Latin is really helpful). None of my characters really know how to heal, and one of them is very young, so pretty useless so far. Kind of an overwhelming game with the world of choices, but pretty impressively open as well.

Also gave World of Goo a whirl for the first time; been sitting in my Humble Bundle account forever now. So far I like the music a lot, and I think there's probably some potential here, but most of the challenges so far have been kind of dull. Hasn't drawn me in from the start the same way that say, Braid, VVVVVV, or SpaceChem did.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman Tribe Leader View Post
    Also gave World of Goo a whirl for the first time; been sitting in my Humble Bundle account forever now. So far I like the music a lot, and I think there's probably some potential here, but most of the challenges so far have been kind of dull. Hasn't drawn me in from the start the same way that say, Braid, VVVVVV, or SpaceChem did.
    They get pretty intense. Stick with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Taking a breather before triggering Realm Divide in Shogun 2. Spent twenty years securing my own realm and using espionage and diplomacy to tear apart other people's, but things are going to get messy soon.

So I'm playing Max Payne 3 for a while. Violent. A lot of fun, although I'm tempted to bump the difficulty down to play through the story in a weekend, I don't find the achievement of overcoming the difficulty sufficiently mechanically or otherwise rewarding to fight the same gunfight fifteen times in a row without getting bored or fed up.
    Last edited by sonson; 01-12-2012 at 01:15 AM.

hrmm. I was going to wait until I'd finished Air Conflicts: Secret Wars to post about it, but I'm sort of stuck on the last mission (bloody jets).

I don't think they know what they have here. It's a pretty fun game, with a surprisingly original story, spoiled by far too many time limited missions and missions which I would say are very close to being impossible. It's at its most fun when you're allowed to take your time, but that happens far too rarely.
    There's also a serious problem with subtitles and cutscenes; subtitles replace the HUD, which means that while the characters are blabbering, you very often can't tell if you're going the wrong way. And the cutscenes just too frequently ruin the flow of the gameplay.
    It wouldn't have taken much to make the game much less frustrating.

How many hours before The Witcher is supposed to get any good?

<rant>
    So far I've spent 1/3 of the time tinkering to make it work half-decently, 1/3 going through mind-numbingly boring fights and fetch quests, 1/3 half-watching uninteresting cutscenes during which all I was thinking was 'wish I had a second monitor to play another game until they're done'.

After ending in bed with some gal by mistake* (I almost fell off the chair when I was given a card with her portrait on it, and a pussy on well, her pussy - BTW is there an achievement for collecting pussies?), and laughing my ass off at the dialog (sis, what are those dogs doing? - fuckity fuck, sissy baby, those are not dogs!), I've reached a state where I'm compulsively clicking LMB to get some relief from the voice <cough>acting and the wooden animation.

*and people have been seriously bashing LA Noire? she handed it over to me just because I chose "No apologies needed, it wasn't your fault".
    </rant>
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    I'd say something but you seem to already have your mind made up. If you detest it so strongly after the first 5 or so hours, just quit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman Tribe Leader View Post
    Started over in Darklands. Actually assigning skill points in character creation was a pretty big deal. Killed a robber knight and made a bunch of money and I'm slowly making progress with my skills, learning about new saints (one of my guys speaking good Latin is really helpful). None of my characters really know how to heal, and one of them is very young, so pretty useless so far. Kind of an overwhelming game with the world of choices, but pretty impressively open as well.
    A decent way to play the game is to accept a mission that leads you to a distant town while picking up all the saints from the monasteries on the way. It's holy Pokémon. The more saints you have the better. They can really help you out in tricky situations, and don't underestimate the buffs. Make sure to actually give them to the right party member when you learn about them though.

Once you get some money, it might be worth travelling to Nürnberg to buy good armor. It's the best in the game if I remember correctly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    How many hours before The Witcher is supposed to get any good?
    Sounds like you're set against it already so it might be best just to stop there and realise the sequel is a very different beast, in other words don't discount one if you didn't like the other.

BUT if you want some answers:
    Sounds like you're pretty early into the game, and it does start slowly. Things only really pick up once you get into Vizima; Kaer Morhen is just a long tutorial while the first village eases you into having to do things for yourself such as research monsters, time-dependent quests, and the how quests play out (as in you can't always please everyone and many have consequences that happen a lot later).

A quick (and weird) google search reveals the girl you banged to be Triss, who has been a fuckbuddy of Geralts for ages, which makes things make more sense. Sense that is lost when most other women you meet in that game are just as... open as she was. Apparently this fits with Witcher lore but it was universally seen as blatant and silly.

Finally the voice acting was never good in TW even with the enhanced edition, the sequel nails it though. The animations are bad as the game is old and had engine problems - the entire thing is based on the Bioware Aurora engine. And as for the writing: it was CDPs first game and the translation was known to be pretty poor in places. All these production values come down to one thing - this was not a big budget game. Not by a long shot.

I'm not the biggest fan of the first game and will probably not play it again for a long while. But there's definitely a good game in there, which is great more often than bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How long is first Witcher anyway ??

I'm playing BAL (Become A Legend),last few matches i was not any good so we'll see what will be in the future for me.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

The witcher is somewhere between 40 and 50 hours long.