Page 512 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 124124625025105115125135145225626121012 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 24759
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I just leveled an alt to cap for the first time in any MMO I've ever played.

I dunno what to make of that.
    You've fallen into the loop MMOs want you to fall into. I suggest you bail ship.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    You've fallen into the loop MMOs want you to fall into. I suggest you bail ship.
    Eh, as long as he's still having fun on the hamster wheel I don't think that's a problem. It's only a destructive cycle at the point that compulsion has outweighed entertainment.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I just leveled an alt to cap for the first time in any MMO I've ever played.

I dunno what to make of that.
    That hopping around from game to game feels great when you're young, but once you grow older what you're really lookig for is a stable, monogamous relationship?

I've started another playthrough of Alpha Protocol (I just can't quit that game), this time with a particular gimmick. In every conversation I always start out with the professional response and then move clockwise through all available stances. It'll be interesting to see how the various NPCs react when you're constantly switching your approach.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Splice: An attractive, breezy little game. It's pretty bare-bones (both in terms of concept and settings) but fumbling my through the puzzles is simultaneously noncommittal and engaging enough that I can play it while watching something on my other monitor without getting bored or thinking too much. I expected the difficulty to get wicked, but so far it's been manageable.

Far Cry 3: The best parts of the first two games with the Assassin's Creed template thrown on top. Whether that's a good or bad thing will probably be a hot debate until Far Cry 4 hits. I'll be hunting sharks with my bow and arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm starting to get the military aspect of Crusader Kings II by uniting the kigndom of Ireland.
    How the hell do I make an army with more than one flank?

Activated Node
    I've been playing RAGE. I picked it up for 5 bucks in the thanksgiving sale. This game got a lot of bad press around release but honestly, I'm really enjoying it. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like it because of the technical problems it had but I really like the feel of shooting and the driving segments do a really good job of breaking up the action. I wish it had more open spaces to shoot things in... So far about four and a half hours in its mostly been corridor stuff but I really have been enjoying it. Did anyone else like RAGE?

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Like many reviews say, they seem to have taken a very long look at Machinarium before deciding on a graphics style, but that's not a bad thing and the music is pleasing too.
    Actually there was some controversy about the art... you can find more details here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1886811

and I believe the music is licensed but that doesn't stop it from being lovely - all in all, a very pleasant little game.

Also tried Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, but it crashed for no apparent reason after the intro screens, so I didn't get far with that.
    Have you tried the workarounds suggested in the README.html file that you'll find in your "steam\steamapps\common\superbrothers sword & sworcery ep" folder ?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    I am playing at a damn good old game I never had time to finish : Aquaria

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Eh, as long as he's still having fun on the hamster wheel I don't think that's a problem. It's only a destructive cycle at the point that compulsion has outweighed entertainment.
    One of these days you will discover that MMOs aren't about the treadmill but about the other players.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Actually there was some controversy about the art... you can find more details here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1886811
    yes, I saw that some time ago. It's very disappointing and it'd certainly have made me think twice about buying the game, but I got it in a bundle a long time ago so I hadn't heard about the issues at the time.

and I believe the music is licensed but that doesn't stop it from being lovely - all in all, a very pleasant little game.
    yeah, I enjoyed it. I could use some more like it, but I don't really know the genre at all.

Have you tried the workarounds suggested in the README.html file that you'll find in your "steam\steamapps\common\superbrothers sword & sworcery ep" folder ?
    I haven't looked into it so much yet, but it seems my crashes are different from most other people's. The most common problem is that people just get a black screen from the start. I got the various intro bits until the part where you actually start the game (although each part seemed to take an unreasonably long time to load) and then it crashed. Nothing in the log.

I do have ATI graphics and it's even a laptop, so I'm guessing the problem is related to that, but everything else works, so I'm not sure I want to try switching drivers and such.

Well, now I've got to get rid of my imbecile heir, sadly, sending an assasin only gives me a 50% chance and would cost me more than half of my money. I can't start a plot either, so I must hope one of my other sons does it himself once they grow up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    One of these days you will discover that MMOs aren't about the treadmill but about the other players.
    So it's lose-lose then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Fucking hate it when my dribbling is successful then i don't score..

Network Hub
    Some time ago I started Mass Effect 2, and finally decided to finish it. Having fun, even though I can't be bothered to go through all the planets searching for anomalies. Best moment so far: "I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees." :D Had me laughing out loud.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I was actually defending you on that one, but ok. As to other players, well, Malawi beat me to it. To each his own.

Well, I finally sent an assasin against my heir, and he did a fine job. Now I must win piety in order to become the king of Ireland!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    So it's lose-lose then.
    It's true: You're all a bunch of loathsome douchebags!

And yet, I just can't quit you.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

yeah, I enjoyed it. I could use some more like it, but I don't really know the genre at all.
    I'm not sure there's anything else quite like it, but I remember reading good things about Dark Strokes:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...of-the-father/

I do have ATI graphics and it's even a laptop, so I'm guessing the problem is related to that, but everything else works, so I'm not sure I want to try switching drivers and such.
    Don't worry, no driver switching, just a few options to fiddle with - shouldn't take too long.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Well, I finally sent an assasin against my heir, and he did a fine job. Now I must win piety in order to become the king of Ireland!
    I don't know if you're aware of this, but if you send your spymaster to build networks in the province your target is in, the chance for success increases.

Natural Selection 2 continues to enthrall me. 80 hours played so far, and I still haven't stepped into the command chair! I suck at strategy games, so I've been avoiding it, and I feel more comfortable in the 'soldier' role, following orders; my skills are better put to use there.

I'm partway through Assassin's Creed 3 which is quite enjoyable. I've seen a lot of criticism of AC3, and I suppose it's true. It is becoming a tad bloated, the focus shifting to the (admittedly very impressive) story cutscenes and collectible trinkets. I still enjoy the game though, despite its faults.

That said, there are some interesting new things I like about AC3.

The naval combat is more fun than I had anticipated, although being mostly side missions, I may not see too much of them (I'm on a strict 'no side quests' playthrough).

The rural freerunning through the forests is brilliant, and a great piece of design. It's strange to think of trees as being useful in a game, when normally they are just background scenery; but in AC3 they become a great navigational tool, allowing you to hunt and get the drop (quite literally) on your enemies.

The general combat is largely similar but it has been tweaked, and it feels a bit less spammy now. I like the Matrix-esque slowdown when you counter an attack now, it gives fights a bit more rhythm, and gives you a moment to pick which counter-move you're going to use.

The multiplayer though, is a different story. I was very disappointed to see Alec's recent 'Wot I Think' didn't mention the multiplayer at all, since it's excellent. The singleplayer may be becoming stagnant, but Assassin's Creed MP has become more refined with each iteration, and is arguably the better part of the game now.