Page 514 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 144144645045125135145155165245646141014 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,280 of 23789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Where did you get it from?
    The Alawar link in the WIT.

Your safest bet is to get the basic version from Amazon for 6.99$. But it's also on a number of those casual gaming portals... new customers can have it on BigFishGames for 2.99$.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...her/index.html
    hrmm... I'll have to ponder that a bit.

Another option is Alawar itself, they use a subscription model which gives access to the entire game library for a limited amount of time.

http://www.alawar.com/game/dark-stro...f-the-fathers#

The daily pass is just 1$ but you'll have to remember to unsubscribe, or it'll automatically turn into a monthly sub.
    That model kind of makes sense with games in this genre as you're unlikely to replay them much, but based on my experiences with the demo, I wouldn't trust Alawar.

Thanks.

Born is the Kingdom of Ireland! Long live the Kingdom of Ireland!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Now you've got to hold onto it.

We're looking strong, so I don't expect much trouble for a generation, at least. The bad thing is I'm making less money now and I don't know why.

Congratulations! Do you plan on forming Britannia?
    On money: Your state stewardship (i.e. your ruler's stat + your steward's stat) directly affects the money you get. You can also gain less money if there's an epidemic in one or multiple provinces.
    Counties you hold yourself net you more money than your vassals'.

Well, a man's gotta do something, right? but I think I'll leave that to my heir, my current character is more than 50 years old and conquered most of Ireland (his father only managed three counties, I think). So he deserves a rest.
    Now that you mention it, I had forgotten my old steward died shortly before I formed Ireland.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    If you're not on bad terms with your mayors and bishops, it may be prudent to kindly ask them to give you all their income?

Not an option, my king just died, and the laszy sod of my heir just didn't do anything worth mentioning when he was on his wife's county. Now he barely has any prestige, and since he's also lost a bunch of his traits, no one really likes him.
    The bright side being: No one really despises him either.

Humble THQ Bundle, 'nuff said (except Metro 2033, which I bought when it came out because of greatness)

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    That model kind of makes sense with games in this genre as you're unlikely to replay them much, but based on my experiences with the demo, I wouldn't trust Alawar.
    The daily pass isn't a bad option given that the game is short and is likely to have zero replay value, and in a way you /have/ to trust Alawar because they are the developer. But I do understand your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Thanks.
    Glad to be of service.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, XCOM, and of course WorldAlpha, as I'm the developer.

The Walking Dead, I've just completed Episode one: and holy baaaallz its amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

Activated Node
    Started The Darkness 2 today and not really feeling it. This game has some very positive word of mouth but I found the story so far to be kind of dumb and the action is not much fun either. Most of the time it's randomly shooting or use some skill to stun enemies then execute with the same animation over and over to keep my health up. I'll prob give it another hour to see if the story pick up or the skills get more fun but so far it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by dhlt25 View Post
    Started The Darkness 2 today and not really feeling it. This game has some very positive word of mouth but I found the story so far to be kind of dumb and the action is not much fun either. Most of the time it's randomly shooting or use some skill to stun enemies then execute with the same animation over and over to keep my health up. I'll prob give it another hour to see if the story pick up or the skills get more fun but so far it's boring.
    Did you reach an interlude yet? First one happens after you get hit by a train.

Alright, I'm beat. Can't figure put a way to get to Daud without getting spotted by those bastard assassins and die so, off to revisiting Mirror's Edge! It's been months since I've stopped playing it and didn't age a bit. Terrible dialogues, though.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Alright, I'm beat. Can't figure put a way to get to Daud without getting spotted by those bastard assassins and die
    Have you got Blink level 2? You can blink in behind Daud and hide under the desk if you time it right IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Alright, I'm beat. Can't figure put a way to get to Daud without getting spotted by those bastard assassins and die so, off to revisiting Mirror's Edge! It's been months since I've stopped playing it and didn't age a bit. Terrible dialogues, though.
    Did this last night, I possessed a rat in the corridor just outside his room and ran it round behind him. I then came out the rat, choked him and then sneaked over to his assassin chum and throttled him as well. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Have you got Blink level 2? You can blink in behind Daud and hide under the desk if you time it right IIRC.
    What I did was Blink through the front door onto the staircase, where you're hidden from view by the bookshelf, then continue up the stairs, onto the balcony, and drop off into the corner of the room. I used Bend Time 2 to run past the assassin guarding the doorway, pickpocket Daud, and walk out the building, where there's still some cover to keep the assassins on that side from spotting you.

After watching the Dishonored videos on PCGamer I realized that the bone charms you get are randomised. I stole Strong Arms from Daud, and that allowed me to choke out people in one second, making the following areas much easier. Apparently you can get Strong Arms elsewhere, so I wonder what other prizes he has.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    After watching the Dishonored videos on PCGamer I realized that the bone charms you get are randomised. I stole Strong Arms from Daud, and that allowed me to choke out people in one second, making the following areas much easier. Apparently you can get Strong Arms elsewhere, so I wonder what other prizes he has.
    Damn, Strong Arms was the first bone charm I found on the first level and was the best one I had until the end. I thought they put it their because stealth would have been extremely frustrating without it.

It's actually not very relevant to stealth, but extremely relevant to nonlethality. I liked that choking out people took substantially longer than killing them, because it makes nonlethality the difficult approach. The most efficient method is just to slit everybody's throats: silent, quick, and safe. For you, that is. Compare that to Deus Ex: HR, where the only difference between lethal and nonlethal takedowns was that nonlethality makes less noise, which is exactly opposite to how it should be. Murder should always be the most encouraged in the short term, and the least encouraged in the long term, which Dishonored does quite excellently.

The only thing I was missing was that unconscious enemies don't seem to wake up like they do in Deus Ex: HR. And I'd really like to play a game some day that goes Maximum Realism and forces you to tie up unconscious enemies before they wake up on their own accord, and gives nonlethal weapons and moves an appropriate chance of accidentally killing your victim: choking, tazers, head trauma etc.