Page 524 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 244244745145225235245255265345746241024 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 23230
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    A few reasons. A) Because the CA devs have said it numerous times, and shown their working as it were, B) the community have essentially confirmed it and C) The AI acts as if that's the case. Now maybe there's still smoke and monkeys and everything going on and they're not telling the whole story but all that matters is that the palatable reality is C) in spite of whatever is actually happening underneath the hood.
    Thanks for the reply, that's pretty much exactly what I was wanting to hear. I assume you're able to keep such a good grasp on what's going on in the land because the map is much smaller than in the other TW games?

I'll definitely be playing this as soon as I can with a clean conscience. What are the difficulty settings you're running it on? I'm guessing Hard battle and Normal campaign, but I want to be sure.

Finished the Terror mission. Japan and India left the council to get sucked up by an alien vortex and I'm not getting enough dough because oh! I'm an idiot! I've only launched satalites in the US and Canada! And I ran out of money again to build a robot which is currently in service with a squad I've sent in Guangzhou. Let's see what this baby can do
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Finished Jamestown, more or less. Beat the last level--the Charge ship came through for me! I had written it off most of the game and mostly used John Smith with some switching back to Raleigh for extra boss firepower, but it was really useful in the last level with all those walls to hide behind and shoot through, plus hugely powerful against the boss.

I've also beaten all the other levels on Divine, and I have most of the last level down to a science, but the final form of the boss is still too tough. Also haven't been able to make it through Gauntlet on the 3rd difficulty. Might call it quits now. I've more than got my money's worth.

Also finished McPixel out of some sick compulsion, despite not enjoying it much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've been too busy recently to sit down for Sleeping Dogs so I've been playing shorter less involving games.

Super Hexagon and I just bought FTL last night. I played until my ship was destroyed. Which happened slowly as my crew died. The room controlling the automatic doors was on fire and I couldn't put it out because the rest of my crew where blocked away and I couldn't open the doors to let it out through an air escape.

My crew slowly but surely died after only about 4 space jumps.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Odd point about gang wars in GTA San Andreas, at one point the slate is wiped clean like you had done no territory. Doing territory before you need to to progress the story is pointless.
    no no.

i am at the last mission of the game. i beat everything else except challenges few races and trucking missions. i am now trying to collect ever single tag and i found 99 of them.

a territory became gangless somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    no no.

i am at the last mission of the game. i beat everything else except challenges few races and trucking missions. i am now trying to collect ever single tag and i found 99 of them.

a territory became gangless somehow.
    That can happen. I remember it happening to me. If I remember correctly it has something to do with flying a plane too high or taking a boat too far out to sea, or possibly that was a "fix" for it, it's been a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Super Hexagon and I just bought FTL last night. I played until my ship was destroyed. Which happened slowly as my crew died. The room controlling the automatic doors was on fire and I couldn't put it out because the rest of my crew where blocked away and I couldn't open the doors to let it out through an air escape.

My crew slowly but surely died after only about 4 space jumps.
    Why were your crew blocked away?

You know they can put out fires as well; just move them into a room and they'll break out the fire extinguishers.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Why were your crew blocked away?

You know they can put out fires as well; just move them into a room and they'll break out the fire extinguishers.
    It's just how I had laid them out in the ship and how the fire happened. The ship became a mixture of rooms with no oxygen surrounding rooms on fire. Since the doors where broken I couldn't use the airlock to put out the fire and the airlock was already open so I couldn't close to to fill the rooms back up with oxygen. The guy I sent to try put out the fire in the airlock room died getting there through lack of oxygen and then to the fire I guess. Another assisted and put the fire out and repaired the airlocks, but he was the last one left and by the time he managed to pull that off the oxygen control room had gone up in flames and he died trying to run over to repair that.

I played E.Y.E. as instructed earlier. I don't think I will keep with it.
    I'm pretty sure there is a great game buried there, beneath the piles of obscure and complicated stuff that serves no purpose than to make things more complex. Of course more complex doesn't mean more depth.
    It's just a bloated thing, which is a shame as there must be a interesting game deep down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It's just how I had laid them out in the ship and how the fire happened. The ship became a mixture of rooms with no oxygen surrounding rooms on fire. Since the doors where broken I couldn't use the airlock to put out the fire and the airlock was already open so I couldn't close to to fill the rooms back up with oxygen. The guy I sent to try put out the fire in the airlock room died getting there through lack of oxygen and then to the fire I guess. Another assisted and put the fire out and repaired the airlocks, but he was the last one left and by the time he managed to pull that off the oxygen control room had gone up in flames and he died trying to run over to repair that.
    Ah, yeah. That sucks. Nothing worse in FTL than winning a fight with a ship and having your crew die due to the damage caused.

Or in my case, leaving the airlock open to put out a fire, forgetting to close it, and wondering why my crew are suddenly choking to death.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I played E.Y.E. as instructed earlier. I don't think I will keep with it.
    I'm pretty sure there is a great game buried there, beneath the piles of obscure and complicated stuff that serves no purpose than to make things more complex. Of course more complex doesn't mean more depth.
    It's just a bloated thing, which is a shame as there must be a interesting game deep down.
    No, the obscure and complicated stuff is all there is. It's the game's gimmick, basically. Still kind of cool though.

Started XCOM again with Classic Ironman. The first one had me realised how poorly I've been playing this. The second one was better and I started to become more careful from there on. I just HATED when one of my squad member started panicking on incredibly small things and single-handedly botched a bomb disposal mission. At least the Council was nice enough to give me an A in progress but FUCK YOU Vega
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    PlanetSide 2 - Endlessly, apparently. Definitely the big FPS game I wanted to have to play. Quirks aside, it's really well done, but they do need to work on some balancing and good god do they need to do some optimisation.

Super Hexagon - Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Got to the final level and it's stonkingly hard. Game is great though, you should all buy it. One of my favourite games of the year easily.

Vessel - I keep coming back to it in parts and I just finished the Orchard, the second area and after giving up at one point and looking for a walkthrough, I find myself not far from the end, however each time I start the game I have less and else enthusiasm to continue. It's not a bad game, but I don't think I'm set-up for liking those sort of puzzle games.

Rochard - Talking about those sort of puzzle games, I started this last night. I really liked the intro, the music and dialogue and style was great, but then I started playing the game and after about half an hour I was wondering what the point was of me playing the game. I don't feel like it does anything really special. Again, not a bad game, I just have no enthusiasm to play it. Both these last two games don't have any real pull for me. Whilst I can see myself eventually finishing Vessel, I don't know if I can be bothered to start Rochard again.

Torchlight 2 - Currently on my sort-of 3rd playthrough. New game +ing my main Mage, whilst playing co-op with a buddy as a Berserker. Both the characters are at roughly the same spot in the third act. Great game, still enjoying it, which surprises me a little. Found the Minecraft Easter Egg in the co-op run which was amusing as well.