Page 543 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 434434935335415425435445455535936431043 ... LastLast
Results 10,841 to 10,860 of 23629
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Harley Quinns dlc is well made and fun but it's short and quite restrained. I think It lasted me about two hours.
    I really liked. To my surprise playing as Robin was fun but ultimately it's just more Batman: Amazing Coincidences, there isn't anything revolutionary in the dlc. YMMV but in the end I don't think harley quinns dlc is worth 5.On the other hand the goatee comes with a '70s batman skin.
    Yeah I'd come to the same conclusion that it's not really worth buying the game again just to get the DLC, good though it looks. If it goes down to three quid then I might do it and transfer my saves. I do like the look of the Nightwing and Robin's fighting style though.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    TB was not exaggerating when he said Shank 2 didn't play well on m&kb.
    You mean the controls are actively worse than in the original?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    FOOL! irc when it got too hard i just used to spam grenades in realtime combat mode, lol. Combat is horribly broken in Arcanum.

What Mods are you using btw?

Regards

Tom j
    Oh god combat in Arcanum is so bad. I hope your character has plenty of Charisma for recruiting dumb bruisers who can bash everything to bits or is himself/herself a dumb bruiser who can bash everything to bits. Or maybe a stealthy individual who can sneak around everyone? I don't know whether that's a feasible approach.

Everything other than the combat is fantastic, however. What's your character build?

I finally had a near-perfect Gauntlet run in Jamestown and beat the whole thing on the third difficulty. Managed it with the Charge ship--I found it a little trickier to use than Gunner or Beam on some of the earlier levels, and those took some new tactics but it's so powerful on the last level and the final boss. I think I'm calling the game finished now. About 3/4 of the challenges completed, all but the last level beaten on the 4th difficulty, and one really satisfying Gauntlet run. Jamestown was really beautiful and incredibly polished and had the ideal difficulty curve and was the perfect length; I hope Final Form has new plans brewing.

In other news, I gave the original King's Bounty a brief whirl but decided it was going to get repetitive, and tried King's Bounty: The Legend but there was a stupid font or resolution bug that I don't feel like dealing with now so put it aside.

And finally, I bought Grimrock in the new Humble Bundle and started last night. It's so fun! I made it through the first level. Almost got crushed by that first set of plantmen, and was killed by the skeleton knight, but then I realized I could use that big square room to outmaneuver him and hit him from the side. Looking forward to seeing what else the dungeon has in store!

Binary Domain. Yeah, it's a really shoddy port but I'm still having a lot of fun with it. The WIT for this was overly harsh even though I fully understand the criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Binary Domain. Yeah, it's a really shoddy port but I'm still having a lot of fun with it. The WIT for this was overly harsh even though I fully understand the criticisms.
    BD, one of the underrated game for me this year. The only issue I encounter is it cant recognize optimus card (fix it editing the config file).

Now Im deciding between Inversion and Spec Ops. Also playing KOTOR but I keep thinking of not finishing it and going straight to Sith Lords.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    BD, one of the underrated game for me this year. The only issue I encounter is it cant recognize optimus card (fix it editing the config file).
    I had real trouble getting past the mandatory mouse acceleration, did you play with a pad?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Nope never been good playing shooter with a pad. I just lowered my mouse CPI value to 800 when I played BD.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    After more than 10 years I have finally completed Sacrifice. Marduk is dead, Charnel kind of accidentally rules supreme, and I feel pretty damn good about myself as that was one hell of a final fight.
    The first half hour was spent trying to survive.
    The next was spent slowly picking souls off Marduk here and there, through killing him then stealing his minions before he managed to race back and get them all (fucker was fast) or using the wonderful Intestinal Vaporization spell.
    The final half was spent taking out his manaliths one by one and reaping the souls of the titan creatures guarding them. Most levels in this game eventually reach that wonderful point where the enemy has few souls and you have lots. By the time all but one of his Malaiths were gone, Marduk had none left. It was glorious.

So that's Sacrifice. A 10 level campaign with 45+1 possible levels (tenth is always the same) resulting in 172890 different playthrough combinations of levels/spells/creatures. In other words, you could never play the same game twice unless you were trying.

Sacrifice. Play it.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    You mean the controls are actively worse than in the original?
    Original? Never played it. I can only say that it's really awkward having to aim melee attacks to the left or the right with the cursor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    What fixes/mods do i need for Dark Souls ???

Otherwise just reading IGn review of Silent STorm and their rating system is kinda strange lol,they scored game 8.1 but,look bellow.

Presentation
    Some performance issues here and there but the concept is solid.

Graphics
    One of the best looking turn-based games around. The environments and characters are first-rate.

Sound
    Good music and some thrilling sound effects. Overall the voice acting is a little weak.

Gameplay
    I like the tactical options here and the AI offers a reasonable challenge.

Lasting Appeal
    Two campaigns allow for a fun few days. The dynamic aspects of the campaign don't entice you to play through again.

Last edited by DaftPunk; 21-12-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    For Dark Souls, the PC Gaming Wiki. It's a really great resource.