Page 549 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 494494995395475485495505515595996491049 ... LastLast
Results 10,961 to 10,980 of 24238
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'm currently playing Far Cry 3, Dishonoured, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and... That might be it for now. Problem is I started Dishonoured and loved it, then I started Far Cry 3 (it was supposed to be a quick go to see if it worked) and loved that, and now I'm on GRFS and although I don't love it (it is enjoyable, though) I figure it'll be the shortest of the three so I might as well get it over with quickly and go back to one of the former. I've noticed I'm playing games for the story a lot less than before, I think it's backlog pressure dragging me through these things.

Also I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Zone of the Enders HD on my PS3 so I'm playing those too. Actually I finished ZOE in 3h20 today (skipped most of the cutscenes because Leo is such a whiny little brat) so I started The Second Runner and stopped after 20 minutes because it hurts my brain. TTT2 is great, only a casual interest really since the last Tekken I had was TTT, I suck at it but I have fun on easy mode. I think I'll make me an arcade stick thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    going through Broken Sword 4. Mediocre game. The storyline is fairly week. Lacks the charm of first two games and even third's. Gonna finish it tomorrow but it just did not click with me like previous three games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    PCSX2. Yeah, I am playing old games of PlayStation 2. 2012 is quite a disappointing year for gaming. I played Sydnicate and Sleeping Dogs, and they don't have the high enough replayability to motivate me to go back.

I installed Planetside 2 but is not motivated to play it often. Only a few sessions (not rounds, it is absolutely not round-based) I discover that some players have unfair advantages over me. When I shoot them, their bodies have some golden light from force field, just like that of Master Chief of Halo. I immediately understood what happened and thought, "damn, not again". They shot back a few rounds and I was downed. I know from the very beginning that this is a Pay 2 Win game, but still, I feel a bit sad about the principle being implemented in such a good game. Fortunately this is a F2P so I know I can jump in any moment I want.

But of course, win by paying is still much better than win through office politics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    2012 is quite a disappointing year for gaming.
    Maybe you didn't play enough? I found 2012 to be one of the best years in recent gaming history, and I only played nine of the games on the RPS Advent Calendar (which I find to be a pretty good source of varied gaming goodness).
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Maybe you didn't play enough?
    Maybe you are right. Yet all I found this years are recycles of old formulas.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    But of course, win by paying is still much better than win through office politics.
    Frankly speaking Solium Infernum is office politics in hell, and it's glorious. I find the suggestion that Planetside is shifting towards pay2win(to recycle their own nonclementure) is very disturbing when I consider just how much money I know some people dropped.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Been playing quite a bit of Hotline Miami,the Hawken beta and The Dark Mod.

Network Hub
    Last night I played through Fibrillation, brilliant game. Very, very atmostpheric, had me on my toes the whole way through. I was expecting something along the lines of Dear Esther but was plesantly surprised when i was finding myself using landmarks/objects as waypoints to guide me to the next area, rather than being rail roaded.

The voiceover really broke the tension though. I'd have prefered no voice at all and let my inner dialogue figure out what was going on. Its just not needed, especially as the other elements are so well realised, and would have no problem telling the story on thier own merit.

I also played Christmas Left4dead 2 with the lil brother.

I also tried the alpha of Underrail. Not for long mind, as it could do with a bit of explaining. But so far its got real promise and i'm looking foward to the final build. I think i should read abit into the way the RPG system works as character creation does not give any clues on how you should spread your starting 135pts over your skills. Has anyone else tried this?

Banned
    I installed Planetside 2 but is not motivated to play it often. Only a few sessions (not rounds, it is absolutely not round-based) I discover that some players have unfair advantages over me. When I shoot them, their bodies have some golden light from force field, just like that of Master Chief of Halo. I immediately understood what happened and thought, "damn, not again". They shot back a few rounds and I was downed. I know from the very beginning that this is a Pay 2 Win game, but still, I feel a bit sad about the principle being implemented in such a good game. Fortunately this is a F2P so I know I can jump in any moment I want.
    Dude, what? No part of PS2 is pay to win. It is true the game likes to give veterans advantages, but you can get everything just by playing.

As for the shield, that's the "unfair" ability Heavy Assault has(just like "unfair" jetpack of Light Assault and "unfair" cloak of the Infiltrator).

Man, Batman: Always Counter's combat challenges have NOTHING on Arkham Asylum's, these are too easy, even.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Man, Batman: Always Counter's combat challenges have NOTHING on Arkham Asylum's, these are too easy, even.
    My main problem was that when you're in a combo and one thug is just a little too far removed from the other, it breaks your free flow multiplier. =/
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    My main problem was that when you're in a combo and one thug is just a little too far removed from the other, it breaks your free flow multiplier. =/
    Try using the bat claw or a batarang in those situations.

Edit, I just can't remember if that breaks the free flow multiplier.... jumping towards him and then punching the thug should work though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Need some advice-having played neither before, is there any reason not to play Batman: Appreciate Anteaters before Batman: Appropriate Calamari?

No, both are quite enjoyable and have their strenghts. Batman Ample Antlers is a tighter experience, while Batman: Aseptic Chamber is a bombastic thing. Both are great batman simulators.
    Id' say play them in order, you'll enjoy them more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Still playing GW2. Decided on a third character - a Sylvari thief, complete with plant-guns. Sylvari, being sentient plants, grow their own weapons and armor, but their firearms look like cargo-cult versions of real weapons: They look like guns made by people who have no idea how guns work.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Mostly Mass Effect 2; the missions on Illium are probably my favourite of this game, and it was great fun playing them again. Now onto some of the other side-missions before the inevitable next Collector encounter.

Also played a bit of Anno 1404 and got a small settlement going.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 26-12-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Finished Grimrock last night. It was such a great revelation when I realized I could hurt the wizards once I broke through their magic shields. Really glad I resisted the urge to look online for tips at any point (okay, except for reading some general advice about where to put skill points). Ending was a bit of a letdown, I admit--the final boss and final couple puzzles weren't that great. I'm wondering if I would have gotten more of an ending if I had found all the treasures/notes/etc.

Not sure what my next game is. Going to look at my giant backlog and see what appeals to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    So. Borderlands 2.

Heavy Cataclysm Maya + Volcano + The Bee + Maliwan allegiance relic = 4.5 million crits.
    Add Angelic Nurse class mod and you get the team medic also providing the most damage.

Long story short, all y'all are cannon fodder for my awesome.
    Last edited by Nalano; 26-12-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Why can't i equip this item i just purchased ? I thought this would go neatly bellow my helmet,to have even more protection lol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Playing Borderlands 2 co-op and having a blast. We just "finished" the game for the first time, and are heading straight on to the DLC and then probably new game +.

Been messing around with Skydrift (got it free through Gamersgate via their 4 for 3 thing). It's a nice little solo experience, though I wish the MP weren't neutered. My wife and I would be playing local MP non-stop if you could add AI opponents to the race.

Also, got Assassin's Creed 3 from my lovely wife yesterday and have been dabbling. I agree with others that the tutorial series is too long, but at least it's somewhat interesting. Then again, I'm a sucker for anything with historical trappings, no matter how far from reality it may veer.