Page 552 of 1055 FirstFirst ... 524525025425505515525535545626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,040 of 21085
    I finally caved and sailed to the bay for Dark Souls. Because I stubbornly refuse to pay for anything with GFWL and wanted to see what all you young'uns are raving about. It's helped wash away the nasty aftertaste of Far Cry 3. It is now clear to me my experience as a Lann in Vindictus was for a purpose as I dodge roll away from comically oversized swords. If the sequel arrives sans GFWL it's almost bound to be a day one buy.

Nabbed Spec Ops The Line during a sale because that is one of the best stories a game has ever told. I'm finding my K/M much easier to use than a controller.

And slowing getting other friends to pick up Planetside 2 so it'll actually be playable. No one seems to realize the game has a built-in VOIP system and it's kind of a necessity.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    LEGO LOTR is amazing. Can't really complain about anything except some minor pathfinding bugs.
    It really feels like an epic quest! Working my way through the story, just finished Helm's Deep. I'm so happy I get to play as all these characters in scenes from the movies! And the mechanics are rock-solid.
    This is my first LEGO game, by the way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    LEGO LOTR is amazing. mechanics are rock-solid.
    Only LEGO Batman 2 is this good, the others are okay, but repeat the same mistakes. LotR and Batman 2 should be in everyone's collections.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I tried Saints Row 3 yesterday and Grimrock. First one is decent sandbox game with crazy scenarios,shooting and driving feel way off,can't compare to GTA4 really hehe. Other game is something special,it reminds me of Arx Fatalis,and it looks soo damn good but i can't play it now because i want to finish Dark Souls first and that will take me allot of time.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What are you implying,Dark Souls is not that hard,i should play XCOM on ironman ?
    Well, take it this way. First time playing DaS, 3 hours to get to the Parish. Second time, more or less half an hour. Time to finish the game? Halved after first experience. Trying to win XCOM on Classic Ironman without failing a mission after first experiemce? A few days and still stuggling.

Not trying to take a crap on DaS. Loved it to bits but seriously, that game is pretty easy once you memorized every single pattern of every enemy in every single level after multiple playthroughs and they're not hard to memorize either. Though, some of the boss fights are legitimately hard no matter how many times you played it.

Now, XCOM. It's unpredictable. Very unpredictable, most of the time.
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    LEGO LOTR is amazing. Can't really complain about anything except some minor pathfinding bugs.
    It really feels like an epic quest! Working my way through the story, just finished Helm's Deep. I'm so happy I get to play as all these characters in scenes from the movies! And the mechanics are rock-solid.
    There is still something holding me back from trying any of the LEGO games, even though they are so highly praised. Maybe someone can make a suggestion as to the older, now cheaper games for me, to get into it? Preferably not Batman, more like Indie or Star Wars...

I just can't get away from playing Natural Selection 2. I joined late in the beta and have been sticking to it since then. It is just so much fun and it keeps getting better the more experienced you get. The only game that I have finished since then was Dishonored.

I got The Walking Dead on sale and have been playing it a little. I'm well into the second episode and it's very impressive, it really stirrs alot of emotions and the overall atmosphere is very intense. I hate the "gameplay" though, I just wonder why they had to include it at all. Finding the right spot to click with a timer that is running out is just stupid, stupid, stupid!

I bought Serious Sam 3 yesterday because I like coop shooters. Seems like a fun game, I'm just too dumb to find the aim down the sights key...

And I also got Darksiders II, even though I probably won't get around to playing it until I'm retired. An odd choice as I don't like 3rd person games in general. And I don't even like grinding games... but, the RPS article sounded so promising!

I'm definitely NOT playing Far Cry 3! This game has been disappointment after disappointment. The towering technical issues and the hassle to get started with ubi launcher. The abysmal HUD and shallow gameworld. The rediculous "jungle". Look at Risen 2; that game has debatable overall quality, but the jungle just feels alive and like an actual biome. In Far Cry 3 it's like Schottland with a few banana trees and tigers. Everything looks like it's made of plastic... Terrible game imo.

And I'm playing Natural Selection 2 most of the time.
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 28-12-2012 at 10:41 AM.

The best 3 LEGO games are Batman 2,LotR and Harry Potter. All the others pale, and LEGO indie is BAAAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    All the others pale, and LEGO indie is BAAAD.
    Even LEGO Star Wars?
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Kids never heard of Rock Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I owned a medium-sized set of rock raiders. It was my favorite after the naboo starfighter one...

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Awwwww yeah. No idea how it'd cope with a modern system though, I remember us having a lot of pain getting it running even at the time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Well, take it this way. First time playing DaS, 3 hours to get to the Parish. Second time, more or less half an hour. Time to finish the game? Halved after first experience. Trying to win XCOM on Classic Ironman without failing a mission after first experiemce? A few days and still stuggling.
    It's not like you're going to get good at pseudorandom number generators.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    It's not like you're going to get good at pseudorandom number generators.
    It has nothing to do with getting good with pseudorandom number generators. All I'm saying is that the difficulty of the game has already worn off as soon as you know what to anticipate whatever the game throws at you. The game still retains it's challenge as long as it's hard to predict what comes next no matter how much you are good at it.
    Art blog here.

I'm on the final stretch of missions in Far Cry 3. I have a strong urge to replay the game immediately after I finish, something which I can't remember a game doing to me in a while. Must resist though, I've got a bunch of other stuff to play after Humble Bundles and various sales.

Also trying to round up some RPSers who play Natural Selection 2 for the inaugural meeting of Rock, Paper Skulk on Sunday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Well to be honest Dark Souls is not that hard at all,only when you encounter those special enemies ala black knight and bosses things get hard,i think people are so used to easy games that Dark Souls is for them really really hard.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Then Hotline Miami, I think maybe I should try using a pad, it seems a little twitchy.
    I played the first two hours on the pad, then went back to KB+M; with the pad, there are two clear advantages: your character will turn automatically in the direction you're moving, and this stops me from losing track of my mouse cursor in the heat of the action and try to assault white suits with my ass. The other is you get to restart by pressing any button.

Using the mouse is more natural to me, but at the end of the day either control scheme felt totally serviceable IMO.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Even LEGO Star Wars?
    Star wars is 'alright' but they are terrible when you try to go back to them after playing the newer titles (Harry 1&2,Batman 2 and LotR), if they bring out another star wars one next? I'm sure it will be great too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Star wars is 'alright' but they are terrible when you try to go back to them after playing the newer titles (Harry 1&2,Batman 2 and LotR), if they bring out another star wars one next? I'm sure it will be great too.
    I did this, I strongly advise against it. It's not a pleasant experience.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Planescape Torment, picked up in the GOG sale. I'm just blown away by how good it is. The writing is the best I've ever experienced in a game... and the way the quests/story bits/characters all fit together and interact... I had tried the original Baldur's Gate before and I couldn't deal with it-- the engine, the graphics, the gameplay were too antiquated for me... but this has sucked me in totally... the atmosphere including sound design and even the Infinity engine graphics also really add to the experience/immersion. I know I'm very late to the party on this one, especially considering the group of people around here, but I had to take a moment and gush about it.

@Starry Vere Honest question, how old are you? I used to feel the same way in my late teens and now the writing seems more strained. I have often heard people claimed age was a powerful determining factor when it comes was to Planescape Torment.