Page 559 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 594595095495575585595605615696096591059 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,180 of 23337
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Beat black knight,got some titanite shard,also he was guarding a corspe with some blue ring,need to check out what does it do.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I would hold off on Dark Souls until you can play it online. Its like refusing to talk to anyone or join any groups while playing an MMO: Sure you can do it (for some games :p), but it isn't anywhere near as fun.
    I agree with this recommendation to wait until you can play it online. It's just so much better of a game, in my opinion, when you can play it that way. Reading the messages from other players, calling in assistance when facing a tough boss, invading or being invaded, etc.... those were some of the best moments of the game for me. I would personally still be playing the game if there were a dedicated PvP arena (Anor Londo had almost become the PvP arena when I was playing, but there were still many times when I wanted to fight and couldn't summon anyone or invade other worlds successfully).

As for the armored boar, lure the few skeletons away from the open area leading to the boar and kill them. Then, run around and lure the boar into the fire on the right side (when facing the staircase). Watch out for more enemies from the staircase on the right side... and the archers... But yeah, as you progress through the game, you'll get to the point where you are crushing enemies like that boar, and the black knight, on a whim. And that's not because you are just that powerful (although better weapons do massively help), but your effectiveness in combat becomes so honed through the game because every encounter is potentially deadly. You're a blunt instrument now... you'll be a katana later.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    I would personally still be playing the game if there were a dedicated PvP arena.
    There is a PvP arena in the DLC content, right after the second boss.

As for the armored boar, lure the few skeletons away from the open area leading to the boar and kill them. Then, run around and lure the boar into the fire on the right side (when facing the staircase).
    Thou hast failed in observation.

Where the fuck is this option in Dark Souls settings "Windowed Mode",because everything i have is Resolution,AA and Blur.

Can't get rid of the damn black bars up and down on screen because i can't enable windowed mode.. jesus fucking christ.

Banned
    Windowed mode won't disable the black bars.

DSfix used to disable them, but then it stopped(for me at least).

Network Hub
    So I finished up Hotline Miami, and although I can't agree with those putting it on GOTY lists, I did enjoy it quite a lot. The combat is fast, tight, and fair. Of course, I say fair in the "I died because of my mistake" sense. Some of the level designs did seem unfair though, but the fact that they challenged me and forced me to improve my skills before being beaten probably means the level design is better than I wanted to admit at times. Great game, if you've got the patience.

One thing though... I played the epilogue immediately after completing the main game. I really liked it, in the weapon limitations it placed on your character. But I could have done without the last mission of the Epilogue though. I won't spoil it, other than to say that it was a cheesy resolution of what should have stayed a mystery.

I've also been playing The Ball (cue the jokes... you know you want to). Anyway, this is an indie first-person physics puzzler from a few years back (I think) that I never got around to playing. I've gotten sick of it glaring at me from the top of my alphabetically listed backlog. So far, it's interesting. Decent but predictable puzzles. Pretty Unreal-engine environments. I'll probably continue, but to be honest, it hasn't exactly grabbed my attention and begged me to keep playing just yet. We'll see how it goes.

And, of course, Chivalry. I'm astonished that I still can't get enough of that game. Here's the thing: I've mainly been a single-player gamer for my entire life. I don't get into the multiplayer shooters, and I suck at strategy games, so I don't play those with humans either. I'm generally not willing to spend the time it would take in most multiplayer games to become competitive, because my time for gaming is limited to begin with and I want to spend my time on a variety of games rather than dedicated to a few. But with Chivalry, I've become content to just enjoy the combat and team objective matches, having no further carrot on the stick to unlock. Truth be told, I was actually becoming a bit tired of the game when I was I just playing free-for-all matches in order to unlock all of the weapons (excluding the archer class), but now that I'm just enjoying the battles and improving my skills, it's become a whole new experience for me.

Strange to say, but playing a game "just for the fun of it" like this is new to me because I've always played games like I read books, going from one to the next to the next, as quickly as possible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Been playing Eryi's Action, a platformer that hates the player and is surprisingly funny. Bought in the Groupees 'Build a Greenlight Bundle' (also on Steam Greenlight).

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Windowed mode won't disable the black bars.

DSfix used to disable them, but then it stopped(for me at least).

So why were you smartmouthing my screenies in screenshot thread,it was not nice of you,nono.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    They might just have been throwing in features for the sake of it, but I really feel the game is too clever and the hints at there being something else behind it too strong for it just to have been an unnecessary or poorly thought through addition
    I'm going to go with they were thrown in for the sake of it. Are you saying a collection of half-baked stores which serve no purpose were an intentional design choice to provide commentary on the empty life of a gangster? This isn't Spec Ops: The Line. Next you'll be saying Far Cry 3 was a brilliant parody.

Playing Mechwarrior: Living Legends
    0.7 release which should release in about a month or so may change the game alot.

Banned
    Yesterday I watched a video of a guy who argued that shallow stealth mechanics in Dishonored were done on purpose, to create a dichotomy with interesting combat mechanics, so that the player is either good and bored or evil and having fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sooo...
    Assassins Creed: Rastafari is good, I had to delete a dll file and run it in compatibility mode to erase a stutter but it's bloaty nonsense is quickly passed and the meat of stabbing people rises high... But holy he'll am I glad I got Lost Archive on the cheaps, it was fine, and had it been a free/bundle/marketing/indie game I wouldn't have minded, but jeez. 8 I THINK NOT.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Re: Blacklight: Retribution - how is character/account management in that game? Is your character tied to your account like T:A, or can you make and remove characters as you wish like... well just about every other persistent online FPS?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    La Mulana is very good. I do like a good Metroidy game, especially one in which the jump feels just right. It's the small things, eh? I just beat the first big boss, a giant snake with a fire breathing head at each end. I bounced off a good few times last night, but coming back to it today I did much better and beat it in a handful of attempts. We'll see how I get on as the environmental puzzles get more obscure, because I do become frustrated with getting stuck. I'm being sure to keep a text file of notes when something seems important.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sooo...
    Assassins Creed: Rastafari is good, I had to delete a dll file and run it in compatibility mode to erase a stutter but it's bloaty nonsense is quickly passed and the meat of stabbing people rises high... But holy he'll am I glad I got Lost Archive on the cheaps, it was fine, and had it been a free/bundle/marketing/indie game I wouldn't have minded, but jeez. 8 I THINK NOT.
    There's literally never been a piece of AC DLC that was worth buying, so far as I know. Plus, you can frequently get that stuff free with UPlay points, which are earned simply by playing the game.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Re: Blacklight: Retribution - how is character/account management in that game? Is your character tied to your account like T:A, or can you make and remove characters as you wish like... well just about every other persistent online FPS?
    you create a character when you first log in and that's it. no deleting, remaking, etc. you can change your name but it costs about $20 iirc.

I've also been playing The Ball (cue the jokes... you know you want to). Anyway, this is an indie first-person physics puzzler from a few years back (I think) that I never got around to playing. I've gotten sick of it glaring at me from the top of my alphabetically listed backlog. So far, it's interesting. Decent but predictable puzzles. Pretty Unreal-engine environments. I'll probably continue, but to be honest, it hasn't exactly grabbed my attention and begged me to keep playing just yet. We'll see how it goes.
    It gets significantly more interesting after you finish the first section. Keep at it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Back in the Unreal World. Considering doing a game diary thing, also trying to get RPS to post about it. Check it out if you're interested in survival games (wilderness survival rather than zombie survival).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I'm going to go with they were thrown in for the sake of it. Are you saying a collection of half-baked stores which serve no purpose were an intentional design choice to provide commentary on the empty life of a gangster? This isn't Spec Ops: The Line. Next you'll be saying Far Cry 3 was a brilliant parody.
    Ask yourself what purpose there is in buying guns, clothes etc in *any* open world game beyond just being there. I mean, really, what's so different here? And also, why does it even matter? If you dig into those, I think you might have a different opinion.

Also, just because something doesn't document itself as a parody or commentary on something, doesn't mean it isn't, or can't be read as such either. My character clearly felt without purpose and a sense of ennui in the game (this becomes clearer as things progress as well-as I said, it's something you have to appreciate on the whole rather than in the moment), and so did I, for the reasons you state-because the game made me feel like that for a time. If that had been all it was then it would have failed, but it isn't.

I haven't played Far Cry 3 yet but the interview made it sound like Dan Brown had written it so I'm not expecting anything there really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Yesterday I watched a video of a guy who argued that shallow stealth mechanics in Dishonored were done on purpose, to create a dichotomy with interesting combat mechanics, so that the player is either good and bored or evil and having fun.
    I've not played it but I don't really see the problem with that either. Unless you think that games must equal fun making the player feel negative or uncomfortable feelings isn't a problem in my opinion, if that's done right.

Plenty books and films made me feel awful for reading/watching them but I'm glad they did and they were quality examples of their type. While they weren't fun or gratifying they were rewarding all the same.
    Last edited by sonson; 01-01-2013 at 01:59 AM.