Page 581 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 814815315715795805815825835916316811081 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,620 of 24095
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Why are people assuming i play gun and run,i never played like that in my whole life. Majority of my fps time was spent in games like SWAT,Rainbow Six,Ghost Recon,OFP,Arma etc.. So i know how to play,now the problem comes with the weapons,i don't care if they're weak,it shouldn't take several good aimed shot to kill someone even if you're shooting in the damn head.
    Unless they were wearing a helmet whcih occasionally required tow shots a shot to neck or head always killed someone on Ranger difficulty for me

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    These videos may help you out:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=65413

You're right in that MMO controls become a sort of tribal knowledge if you've ever played previous ones before.
    Cheers for that. I'll have a look and see if it helps my experience.

Sigh, couldn't help myself and bought some cosmetic DLC for Anno 2070. I guess I'm a sucker for making my Eco cities look good, and I hate those small few tile areas you can't fit anything in.

Just started playing AirBuccaneers. I never got around to playing the UT2k4 mod, so this is my first experience of it, and it's bloody ace.

First time out I was piloting a 2-man balloon and my gunner and I saw a small brown package being lobbed onto the deck of our ship. It was only afterwards when I was plummeting toward the ground, and on my knees with laughter, did I realise it was a grenade.

There seems quite a lot of room for strategy as well, with the boarding mechanics and the different types of balloons. Kamikaze balloons are pure evil, and it's amazing getting into a panic trying to shoot one down as it floats closer and closer to your ship!

However, the fact that there's only one populated server in the entire world, is a crying shame. It makes me sad to see such innovative FPS multiplayer being ignored whereas so many bog-standard deathmatch variants are incredibly popular.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Kamikaze balloons are pure evil, and it's amazing getting into a panic trying to shoot one down as it floats closer and closer to your ship!
    that alone convinced me to take a closer look at it...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Star Wars: Knights of Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod

Just turned Mira and Handmaiden into Jedi. Yay.

GOTO joined my team also and I hate his guts. Stupid asshole. Plus he is so useless. Does anyone use him at all?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    GOTO joined my team also and I hate his guts. Stupid asshole. Plus he is so useless. Does anyone use him at all?
    All the time. He's my favourite kind of evil, and can be especially useful in the civilian areas of Dantooine or Onderon. There were a few times he'd just chime in during a conversation involving credits and used blackmail and intimidation to get me a bigger reward.

I loved HK-47 when I was younger, but his act got stale. Maybe due to all those comics inserting a HK-like character. GO-TO was a nice change of pace.

Network Hub
    So I'm perforating my way through Sniper Elite V2, pun intended. Of course, I'm playing it all wrong, as the game clearly intends for me to, well, be a stealthy, creeping assassin, but I just can't get into that, which is weird because I generally love trying to clear levels in these types of games without a kill (unless required). But this game just doesn't inspire that mode for me. It probably has something to do with the wonderfully gruesome kill-shot highlights, which I can't get enough of, just like the slo-mo face-explosions in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I'm finding the game the most fun by going on full attack mode from a distance and just seeing if I can manage the resulting flanking attempts with nothing but my sniper rifle and gadgets. Of course, I'm only on the fourth level, so this tactic might become impossible as the difficulty ramps up.

Anyway, so far, I highly recommend the game, although I wouldn't pay $49.99 for it. Perfect fodder for a Steam sale or whatnot.

EDIT: Just found out the whole Sniper game collection is on sale at GamersGate. Redeems on Steam. Great timing :)
    Last edited by kstress71; 10-01-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Do you need to play KOTOR 1 before playing second one,i heard second one is much better.

You don't need KOTOR 1. But I wouldn't sign off on that rumour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    There will probably quite a lot of things in KoToR 2 you wouldn't get without playing 1.

Play 1 first, it's still a good RPG with an enjoyable story, it's just fairly by the numbers. It was made in a time when you were still allowed to be incredibly evil at points, too. It's just that 2 has a very good story and some great moments, that tries to push the boat out a bit more than the first ever does.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think the first KOTOR is a great game, and worth it on its own merits. As pointed out above, if you like being evil in games KOTOR will let you be pretty darned evil at times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    To be honest you may prefer KOTOR1 as I felt the combat was more balanced throughout. I prefer KOTOR2 but then I tend to go for story/character stuff over gameplay (so long as the gameplay is at least servicable or inoffensive).
    They're both great games though, and playing the first will only make you think better of the second.

There's a pretty decent game underneath all the performance issues in Rage, but it's definitely the worst running game I've played in years. And I don't even have any AMD/ATI hardware that could give me trouble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    To be honest you may prefer KOTOR1 as I felt the combat was more balanced throughout
    Hehe. End game spoilers - until you get 3 Jedi in your party and just obliterate everything![/spoiler] When I get my back-log down, I intend to pick-up KOTOR2 and play through it. Incidentally, I don't remember anyone mentioning the best feature of KOTOR, which is to get out your lightsabers for no reason other than to twirl them around and hear the sound. Such a pointless feature, but so utterly fantastic.