Page 582 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 824825325725805815825835845926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 11,621 to 11,640 of 24090
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Do you have to be a jedi in the KOTOR games? All this talk of lightsabers, what if I want to shoot people instead?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    You can be whoever you like. In KotoR 1, you have to contstruct a saber but you never, ever have to use it. In KoToR 2 you make a lightsaber when you're ready, if ever.

Argh, I love KotoR 2 so much.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    KOTOR2 can easily be played using blasters only, and aside from a few sidequests it can provide an arguably more powerful character.

I think KOTOR1 allows for similar play but without some of the feats that were added into the sequel which really make the playstyle come alive. Also it feels a bit wrong in KOTOR1 for thematic reasons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Also guys, forget armor bonus because the Jedi Robe is just too damn sexy,

The game also shows you being evil is better because more effective powers, force joke and mind control and the likes. So good.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Stage 14 on Hotline Miami. Damn, this game is good.

I was also spared the issues that steam buyers seem to be getting- not one issue so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Also guys, forget armor bonus because the Jedi Robe is just too damn sexy,

The game also shows you being evil is better because more effective powers, force joke and mind control and the likes. So good.
    Force Crush is too OP. but as Weapon Master you simply slash everything in your way. Kreia is the only challenge cause Sion cannot block any of your attacks and can't inflict enough damage for it to matter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The best force power is heal, the 'nu-huh' I refuse to die. You don't need to worry about opponents resisting or anything, just whittle them down.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I can't remember if it's in 1, it's definitely in 2, but Force Lightning is the only requirement.

I'm playing through The Walking Dead, just going into Episode 3.

Also playing some Planetside 2 and Saints Row the Third co-op with my girlfriend. We've not gotten far with the missions because we got distracted by the new silly vehicles we unlocked with the full package. Seriously we have tiger bikes with flame throwers, how am I meant to not just drive that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    KOTOR2 can easily be played using blasters only, and aside from a few sidequests it can provide an arguably more powerful character.
    It's also justified in the context of the story if that's what you want to do. Though regaining force powers is essential, it makes sense that the exile would shun the symbol of the Jedi. The game doesn't force us towards the lightsaber, all we get is a gentle suggestion from Bao Dur.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    It's also justified in the context of the story if that's what you want to do. Though regaining force powers is essential, it makes sense that the exile would shun the symbol of the Jedi. The game doesn't force us towards the lightsaber, all we get is a gentle suggestion from Bao Dur.
    Definitely. In fact one of the hardest parts of that game to ratify was the fact the Exile, who was cutoff from the force and so could no longer hear it, was able to use all these force powers. It's one of the biggest examples of gameplay pulling against the plot I can think of.

Hmm, regarding that:

The point is the Exile regaining that connection. I'm not sure one contradicts the other.

It made sense to me. The resurgence of your force powers, the appearance of a new Sith sect, your companions becoming increasingly influenced by your actions - all important mysteries that tie together into the exile's personal story. Everything begins and ends at that hell called Malachor.

And no, I'm not using spoiler tags for a 7 year old game. If someone hasn't bought it by now, chances are they're not going to unless they become enthralled by the details we're spilling. :P
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 11-01-2013 at 12:05 PM.

I was just using them because I Daft said he was going to play it, so I had him in mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I spent 2 hours playing WarFrame yesterday,decent game,not enough content.

Some of it makes sense, but for a large part of the game you're spoken of as being entirely unable to feel the force. For me it just feels like an all or nothing king of thing - if you don't feel the force then you aren't able to use it. It was probably me being too literal with the dialogue and you guys are correct: all references to cutoff are past tense and it's better to think of the Exile as slowly regaining his force connection.

There's a few instances where Kreia and the Exile talk about how, he/she is feeling echoes of the force again. I think the Exile says is like a whisper or something, and that's when you first get Force Sense or something similar.

Some of it makes sense, but for a large part of the game you're spoken of as being entirely unable to feel the force. For me it just feels like an all or nothing king of thing - if you don't feel the force then you aren't able to use it. It was probably me being too literal with the dialogue and you guys are correct: all references to cutoff are past tense and it's better to think of the Exile as slowly regaining his force connection.
    The exile is like a walking anti-force (which Kreia just loves), using a planet's worth of pain to feed off force sensitives and regenerate his/her connection by using force bonds in a manner which in the Jedi's opinion, is completely unnatural. Needless to say, they were scared shitless.

God damn, that's a lot of information to absorb.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The best force power is heal, the 'nu-huh' I refuse to die. You don't need to worry about opponents resisting or anything, just whittle them down.
    You're all wrong. Master Force Speed + dual lightsaber flurry it's the best thing ever.

If I recall correctly there is some reference that the exile, at least in part, can feel the force through the connections he makes with the force sensitive people around him.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    And no, I'm not using spoiler tags for a 7 year old game. If someone hasn't bought it by now, chances are they're not going to unless they become enthralled by the details we're spilling. :P
    I am also starting my first game this weekend so I m jumping over all these comments...

My recommendation to people playing KOTOR2.
    I feel the game is quite biased to skill driven builds. So It's better to play as Jedi Sentinel.