Page 597 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 974975475875955965975985996076476971097 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,940 of 22709
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well I think my Guild Wars 2 account has been hacked so I won't be playing that until I get contacted by support.
    steam: sketch

Finally finished Gray matter and my verdict is that it's a decent point & click adventure with good enough story (although I didn't really liked the final conclusion) and puzzles that make sense within the game. Nothing more nothing less.
    My main complaint about it is that there are too many cases where I got stuck and had to refer to a walk-through, just to realize I didn't examine a thing I already examined before, but now looking at it is crucial for the continuation of the story.

Next on my P&C games list - Desura and The cave (I don't know yet if I can call it Point & click yet).

Also playing Farcry 3 and I have to admit it 's an excellent game. Fun to play and fun to look at. But nothing we haven't seen in other games before (especially Just cause 2). Also, the open world is getting too much in the way of the linear story, but the rewards for most of the items collection are too important to skip.
    In AssCreed 3 the open world tropes can easily be ignored and it makes the linear part of the game much much better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Classic/Ironman Xcom keeps kicking my arse.
    I did a Classic Iron man with second wave on last week and all my guys got their head shot off in the first mission.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Guys what do you need for LAN gaming,me and my mate would love to play something together at my place.

I have router if that helps,and we have internet cards in both computers.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 20-01-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Beware Planet Earth! by Lightmare Studios, an amusing take on the (casual) tower defense genre.

Also mucking about in Sleeping Dogs. I'm not sure I'll get to the end of it at this rate, the combat system is becoming a tad boring. It's kept interesting by the great looking city (at least at night).
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Lego: Lego Lord of the Rings. After The Walking Dead I needed something lighthearted and easy and you can't get much easier or lighthearted than the lego games. It was on sale recently this weekend so it seemed like faith.

Sometimes I wish this new XCOM would have a boardgame equivalent. The gameplay seems make it look like one and it plays like one, too. Well, sort of.

Played Mirror's Edge, btw. Getting rusty on the timing when I try to disarm cops, so I ended up just punching their groins till they're down. The third level's a bit of a pain to play.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I really enjoy quoting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Guys what do you need for LAN gaming,me and my mate would love to play something together at my place.

I have router if that helps,and we have internet cards in both computers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Sometimes I wish this new XCOM would have a boardgame equivalent. The gameplay seems make it look like one and it plays like one, too. Well, sort of.
    Necromunda lacks the "save the world" narrative but the cover, persistence and brutality swill be very familiar, also destructible cover.

Getting rusty on the timing when I try to disarm cops, so I ended up just punching their groins till they're down.
    And in the game?

Edit: @DaftPunk plug both into the router, or connect wirelessly and run the windows network wizard to make sure the windows firewall doesn't get bossy.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 20-01-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Necromunda lacks the "save the world" narrative but the cover, persistence and brutality swill be very familiar, also destructible cover.
    I knew I heard of Necromunda somewhere. Not sure whether I could find that around these parts but man, it would be great to get ahold of it. They're still making them, don't they?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Google "necromunda living rulebook" for the rulebook and the main expansion for free. It's a dice and figures game, so really that's all you probably need.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Torchlight 2 and Battlefield 3. Reinstalled Eve online as well.

Had a go at Smuggle Track (and wondering why bother porting this kind of game to PC) and Fieldrunners (the most generic and unoriginal TD game ever made in recent times? the sequel's WIT on RPS is equally unimpressive) on a tablet.

Thoughts about The Witcher: they should've added a "jump to destination" button like LA Noire has (or even better a clickable map of the quarters). I'd like to see it remade/demade as a PnC adventure. 30 hours in and I'm only at Chapter 3, maybe I should've played on Easy.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Just spent 5-6 days building a rail tunnel on my vanilla survival Minecraft server. ~11.5km, which makes for a 24 minute ride.
    Hell of a lot of work to get materials for the tracks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Just spent 5-6 days building a rail tunnel on my vanilla survival Minecraft server. ~11.5km, which makes for a 24 minute ride.
    Hell of a lot of work to get materials for the tracks.
    I'm not sure if this makes me feel better or worse about having done nothing productive this weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've already had a grumble in the Bundle thread - but whilst there's much to like about Hinterland, it's an unpolished and shabby game for the most part isn't it?

Even if you ignore their decision not to bother with any sort of tutorial - there's the horrible camera angle you can't change which makes the world feel claustrophobic and the game itself is unbalanced and random and horrible.

I've played 2 'short' games which ended in stalemate because there was no way I could 'level up' enough to defeat the enemy bases and NOTHING ELSE LEFT TO DO.

Add the Kings demands are which clearly random and nonsensical (and frequently impossible - esp early in the game leaving you with no way to progress) - it's a real shame.

I'm not really sure how you can have a whole studio and 'finish' a game in that way - there are 1/2 man teams who produce a more polished and complete product. It's 5 years old too - you'd think they'd maybe have, I dunno, fixed it in the meanwhile!?

Glad I played it - some nice ideas - but overall it's just a sloppy underachiever...

Are there any other games like this - apart from Majesty - the 'semi hands off' and 'not too much micromanagement' school of RPG/People management??
    Last edited by trjp; 20-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I suggest getting the "we have ways" bonus as soon as you could with satalites so autopsies and interrogations are done instantly. Better when you have a foundry in your base. Also, get plasmas as fast as you can
    Would you reccomend starting off in South America then? Or just satellite spamming there first?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I feel like it's usually best to start off in a continent with four territories, because it's easier to lose one if you don't and cut yourself off from the bonus. You don't need the autopsy bonuses for a while anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Would you reccomend starting off in South America then? Or just satellite spamming there first?
    Neither.

When you have full satellite coverage of a continent, abductions no longer happen there. That means abductions will happen somewhere else, likely multiple large continents you don't have coverage of. Every abduction you fail to respond to raises hysteria continent-wide, so when you have abductions happening in North America, Europe and Asia at the same time - as will most likely be the case if you focus on South America first - you are fucked, and are practically guaranteeing that you will lose at least one country in a large continent.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Interesting. When I beat the game on classic, I found it easier once I started to 'give' up on a few countries/continents, and focus on maintaining the ones I could save. I think I lost four or five. But then once I was past the early-mid game found it (relatively) straightforward.

Obviously on Ironman I'm finding it tougher due to the possibility of a squad wipe (or three) or a terror mission failure ruining my day.