Page 43 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553931435431043 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Replaying Mass Effect 2 and for the life of me I can't figure out whether to play as Sentinel or Infiltrator.

Also, going to try out Necrovision now.
    Infiltrator if you want 23 straight hours of Boom Headshot.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ugh, I've already put quite a few hours into Sentinel, and it sucks. Neither can he truly do any close quarters combat nor at any other stuff.

After reading the article on Alpha Centauri, ended up installing it. Playing alongside The Witcher: Enhanced edition.

Obscure Node
    TF2
    Frozen Synapse
    Vampire the masquerade
    just finished Witcher 2
    Bioshock 2, although I'm quickly getting bored with it.

Really looking forward to Deus Ex Human Revolution, Skyrim, and BF3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bioshock 2 is a very boring game: I forced myself to finish it and it wasn't worth it. I recommend abandoning it if the boredom levels get too high.
    Last edited by Giaddon; 11-08-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Whoever designed the encounter leading up to [highlight to reveal spoiler]the power plant[/spoiler] in Shadow of Chernobyl is a jack ass. I'm in the area after sneakily making my way through some buildings prior. Excellent, I'm getting closer, I think. What's this though? Two enemy forces are attacking each other and me? Ohh, this should be fun.

No, it's not.

2 hit kills from a sniper and near instant death if shot by a helicopter. It's ridiculous. If you get hit while running, you stop running. In the rest of the game, this is the tell tale sign to back up and find some cover next to you or to duck back down. Here, if you get shot, the rocket that's inevitably been fired from the helicopter has no trouble catching up to you and killing you instantly. The fact you have to dodge the crap from the helicopter AND snipers AND people with standard rifles is, quite frankly, silly. I tried taking out an RPG I'd recovered and firing at one of the helicopters. Nothing.

I'm incredibly disappointed by this set-piece because unlike all others before, this is unfair. Truly unfair. At least all the other times where you had crap guns, it was more than likely all the other people had rubbish guns too, so at least some skill could be applied. I'll keep plugging away at it, but I'm not a fan of games that hold you up for 30 minutes when you're not doing anything discernibly wrong. The first major mis-step in this game, as far as I'm concerned.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Am I the only person who liked BioShock 2, despite its many flaws and bad port?

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I'll let you know once I play it. Have that and Minerva on my backlog for ages.
    Is "Luis_Magalh„es" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I thought it was massively better than Bioshock 1 in every way. Better weapons, more fun encounters, a far more engaging, personal story, etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Whoever designed the encounter leading up to [highlight to reveal spoiler]see original post[/spoiler] in Shadow of Chernobyl is a jack ass. I'm in the area after sneakily making my way through some buildings prior. Excellent, I'm getting closer, I think. What's this though? Two enemy forces are attacking each other and me? Ohh, this should be fun.

No, it's not.
    Agreed. I remember having to do that part over and over again, and getting more and more annoyed. Only way I found to get through was to just run (to the right of the train track) and only shooting at the most dangerous soldiers, ignoring all the rest. It wasn't much fun.
    Last edited by Similar; 11-08-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Spoiler not working so well on blue blackground

I'm on the left by the fencing. Trying to weave in and out of posts but it doesn't help. There's some grating to slip by, which I managed once. Thought I had time for a breather, but yet again got a rocket to the face.

For me it was a matter of run, save, die, reload, run in another direction, save, die, reload until I finished that part.
    Last edited by Tikey; 11-08-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Which is what I ended up doing, after reloading the area anew and abandoning that quick save. I dumped a load of things to get me to run quicker and made it inside. Really stupid, because I wasn't able to explore, I wasn't able to take part. Just run and get inside.

What I found really hilarious was that I saw a helicopter drop off troops who were neutral. I ran with them for a bit and the helicopter fired at us once it was in the air.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Whoever designed the encounter leading up to [highlight to reveal spoiler]the power plant[/spoiler] in Shadow of Chernobyl is a jack ass. I'm in the area after sneakily making my way through some buildings prior. Excellent, I'm getting closer, I think. What's this though? Two enemy forces are attacking each other and me? Ohh, this should be fun.

No, it's not.

2 hit kills from a sniper and near instant death if shot by a helicopter. It's ridiculous. If you get hit while running, you stop running. In the rest of the game, this is the tell tale sign to back up and find some cover next to you or to duck back down. Here, if you get shot, the rocket that's inevitably been fired from the helicopter has no trouble catching up to you and killing you instantly. The fact you have to dodge the crap from the helicopter AND snipers AND people with standard rifles is, quite frankly, silly. I tried taking out an RPG I'd recovered and firing at one of the helicopters. Nothing.
    If I remember correctly, theres also a tank a bit down the road. :)

I actually typed out a quick guide about how I got past that, but to be honest its been a while and my information may be rusty, and I'd rather not mislead.

Are you using any mods? One of the mods I was playing had a time limit on that bit for a Radiation wipeout thing, and I ended up dying from radiation 3 steps from the building entrance. I had a quick save about 30 seconds before, and I repeated the segment so many times trying to shave time off the bolt to the finish line.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vague-rant View Post
    Are you using any mods? One of the mods I was playing had a time limit on that bit for a Radiation wipeout thing, and I ended up dying from radiation 3 steps from the building entrance. I had a quick save about 30 seconds before, and I repeated the segment so many times trying to shave time off the bolt to the finish line.
    oh. I thought that blow out was in the default game. Maybe I played the same mod as you then. It really didn't make things any easier...

No you're not.

I loved Bioshock 2 and I actually enjoyed it more than the original game. (Though the original is still very good too).

Mostly it's because the combat is vastly superior in the sequel, but I also loved the character of Eleanor.

The moment where [spoiler] you have to fight alongside her after she transforms into a Big Sister [/spoiler] was an incredibly powerful moment for me. The ending (I got the 'good' one) really hit me emotionally as well.

Okay so apparently I've finished Shadow of Chernobyl and all I can say is this:

What.

I...I'm just a bit gob-smacked. I've been playing for near 30 hours, been paying what I thought was pretty good attention despite what seemed to make very little sense and my reward is [spoiler]my player wishing to become rich and then having some power plant fall on him. I thought maybe I could change it, so I pulled out an RPG and tried blow it up. Nothing[/spoiler]. What the hell guys?!

So I went to check GameFAQs and sure enough, something to which I was given absolutely no allusion to whatsoever, at any point, at all, happened in an area I can't return to due to end-game-cut-off. I had one quest that said I'd be able to find someone, at some point, but it didn't mention where or when and I'm guessing that was it and I was under the impression you'd find them [spoiler]in the power plant, based on what I was told by the NPC[/spoiler].

I'm angry, upset, disenfranchised...I was thinking of going straight into Call of Pripyat and getting STALKER out of the way, but that sure as hell isn't happening. What a disgustingly shallow ending for the work I've put into it. CoP can certainly wait some time.

EDIT: Sorry, for clarification I was using the Complete mod and I had a timer of 6 minutes not too long after passing the gate where the train ends. I was able to run along the side of the building dodging pretty much everything until having to get into the building. By the time I entered the next area, I still had something like 3 minutes 10 left.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 11-08-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added part