Page 600 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650700 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 12,000 of 20972
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I felt like the loop would have solved nothing; that it was a trap. It would have invalidated everything the survivors went through and made it meaningless.

Network Hub
    I loved the final decision in Bastion, contemplated it for quite a while before finally committing. In the end, I evacuated. The world of Bastion was fundamentally broken in a way that guaranteed its destruction no matter what happened; there was no point in going back only to deal with another war with the same results. May as well start over.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Got a Steam key for Spec Ops: The Line for $5.00 on a GameFly sale.

Played about 4-5 hours of it. Nice Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now "wtf r u doin" storyline. Interesting to see a Modern Military Manshoot where it's American v American v American. Gameplay is eh.
    Last edited by Nalano; 22-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'm 2 or 3 hours into AssCreed 2 right now, and I already find it much more compelling than the first. Pity about the whole Desmond thing, but I guess it's not too uncomfortable a pill to swallow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    2 is a lovely ride, don't worry about feathers, and spend money on shops ASAP, don't worry about investing bonuses. Don't unlock fast poison, slow poison is actively better.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Heh, haven't even stepped foot into a shop yet. And yeah, feathers can go soak for all I care. I haven't found a satisfying collection mechanic since GTA 3 & VC, where you got something new for each milestone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    In AC2 it's well worth collecting the glyphs. There's not many so it's not too daunting either.
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Well, at least you don't have any aliens teleporting into the middle of a firefight.
    I should give it time, I presume.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Shops earn you income, especially the bank.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So before the year started, I noticed I had 12 games in my backlog. They are: Deus Ex: HR, Dustforce, Skyrim, Freespace 2, Jamestown, Magicka, Serious Sam 3, The Sims 3, Shogun 2, Vampire: The Masquerades - Bloodlines, The Witcher and its sequel. Before the new year, I had already started at some point a few of these, but I wanted to make a concerted effort; clear at least one game a month, so by the end of 2013, the only games I had left to play were more recent ones that had come out. Perhaps a lofty aim, but I have faith in accomplishing it and at least getting rid of a lot of the backlog.

With that in mind, I carried on with the current title I'm progressing on, Serious Sam 3. My motivation to get into it was high, but the early levels really are a bit of a suck of enthusiasm. Fortunately, littered mini-secrets stopped it from being out-right dull, but I wasn't really feeling it, however there's a definite turning point where it goes from "Decent Sci-Fi FPS" to "Ah, welcome back Serious Sam!" It might've been when I was finally having to fight hordes of enemies and dodging and weaving through the deserted, ruined streets, but it was definitely when I was having to fight a motherflipping space ship on foot, whilst avoiding giant electrical beams of death and unrelenting waves of ground forces. There have been some nice levels too, be it ones void of enemies and fantastic atmosphere, or aforementioned arenas of death with a spaceship as a roof.

And after that, it's been excellent. This is the Serious Sam I wanted. Having to frantically change weapons to manage different enemies whilst simultaneously moving about avoiding smaller beams of certain death and various things hurling themselves at you. Frantically looking both ways, deciding who would be your current target and commencing the dance of death. Perfect.

That said, there are a couple issues in the actual game-play. I feel like some weapon switches don't quite happen quickly enough, whether or not it's animation priority or the actual switching just doesn't happen as quick as it should. This ties into my next point, wherein if you change weapon by pressing a number key, but then immediately shoot, you'll keep firing the weapon you were currently holding. It's as if the game can't quite keep up with my intentions. It's not been game breaking so far, but I'm certainly feeling it.

I think I'm about half-way through, not including the DLC I bought and intend to go through, but it's picked up pace and momentum is definitely on its side.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Currently making my way through Just Cause 2. The grappling hook is fantastic, and simply exploring the environment, occasionally taking a motorcycle or blowing up a structure is incredibly fun.

Another vote for evacuating in Bastion. It felt like going back would (potentially) save a culture that had intentionally set out to destroy another culture in case the foreign culture eventually got round to destroying them. Better to found (or join) a new civilisation with the survivors.

I haven't had much of a chance to play in the last few days, but I'm still cautiously nudging Civ IV and King of Dragon Pass.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    *words on Bastion*
    Interesting thoughts. I enjoyed reading that. I never made the connection with the idealisation of Caelondia's weapons and the people who wield them and their warlike nature. Rucks put his stories in such a way that they evoke a sense of patriotic pride in the proficiency of their Caelondia's combat units, but at the same time downplay the importance of who or what they were actually fighting against. If I didn't know better, I'd think Rucks was telling me about sports teams. All of which is, of course, more credit to the game for creating an unreliable narrator who is both persuasive and a joy to listen to.

Regarding the final decision: I was leaning towards undoing the whole thing because despite all the damage the Calamity did, the Kid then went on to cause even more death and destruction, all in the name of undoing the apocalypse to get another chance. Walking away from it all would be terribly immoral with respect to the world that just ended, and then didn't stop ending.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Finished NG of Mark of the Ninja. I'll give a few levels on NG+ a shot, but so far it just hasn't grabbed me.

I mean, I love the art style and the slow descent into madness is interesting. But nothing in the game really grabs hold of me and makes me say "Yay, this is awesome". I mostly just powered through because everyone kept saying it was so great, but I just don't see the big deal. But maybe it is one of those games where the harder NG+ mode is the "true" game.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Hi! I am currently playing Secret World and Orcs Must Die! 2. I am also looking for some people to play Left 4 Dead 2 at Expert level. It seems even on Expert you can't trust randoms. I admit I do not have a headset right now. Hopefully I can rectify this when the universe turns upside down and my dog starts crapping $100 bills.

Oh wait, Dec 21 went by already.

I am also playing STO, but I might get out of that because the grind is becoming obnoxious.

I also would be up for games of Killing Floor, Civ 5, DoD:S and TF2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Herald View Post
    I also would be up for games of Killing Floor, Civ 5, DoD:S and TF2.
    Do people still play DoD:S? I thought that game was pretty great, but it seems to hardly ever get a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Do people still play DoD:S? I thought that game was pretty great, but it seems to hardly ever get a mention.
    There are still people who do, and still a few clans if you're into that. The game doesn't get as much attention as TF2 or CS:S and it rarely gets updates unless they are flat updates to the source engine. But it's still very possible to find games.

I would suggest disabling sprays though. >_>

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar

These fuckers haunt my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post

These fuckers haunt my dreams.
    Why? That was one of the easier boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Finished NG of Mark of the Ninja. I'll give a few levels on NG+ a shot, but so far it just hasn't grabbed me.

I mean, I love the art style and the slow descent into madness is interesting. But nothing in the game really grabs hold of me and makes me say "Yay, this is awesome". I mostly just powered through because everyone kept saying it was so great, but I just don't see the big deal. But maybe it is one of those games where the harder NG+ mode is the "true" game.
    I think if the first 3 hours didn't grab you, it probably never will. That game is all about the gameplay. The presentation and story are nice bonuses, but if the actual playing of the game didn't excite you, then you probably don't like MotN. That said, I haven't finished it yet. I say all this because I'm loving every level.