Page 604 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 1045045545946026036046056066146547041104 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,080 of 25132
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Nice going, now I will get Commandos urges and have to install it again.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    EA just emailled me a Sim City BETA code - do I risk my Origin account and livelihood on the offchance I miss a bug? :)

Just completed Max Payne 3, thought it got a little silly and too bloody difficult toward the end, the storyline also got a little convoluted too. So Pasos was a good guy?

Well anyway i'll probably get cracking on Dishonored next seeing as i've had it since release day and havn't even completed the first mission. But then again I still need to complete Roche's storyline in The Witcher 2 which is currently reinstalling...

A Beserker is getting close. I'm going to whimpher haplessly in a corner as he maims my Colonel.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Network Hub
    I'm about 2 hours into Just Cause 2. It's a gorgeous game and I love the grappling hook, but in all honestly I don't really think that it's for me. I just kind of go through the motions without really caring, and I don't find the mechanics nearly tight or interesting enough to want to play. I'll give it a little more time, but if it doesn't grab me soon I'll probably just move on. Bought it on sale anyway, so no real buyers remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I'm about 2 hours into Just Cause 2. It's a gorgeous game and I love the grappling hook, but in all honestly I don't really think that it's for me. I just kind of go through the motions without really caring, and I don't find the mechanics nearly tight or interesting enough to want to play. I'll give it a little more time, but if it doesn't grab me soon I'll probably just move on. Bought it on sale anyway, so no real buyers remorse.
    Think of it as an Action Movie Holiday Simulator. The story missions are just there just for filling; the real FUN of JC2 is in exploring and exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I'm playing Batman: Arkham City again. After loving the shit out of Arkham Asylum, I initially pre-ordered AC from Greenmangaming, but the combination of PC release-delay, weird update behaviour with GFWL colliding with GMGs Capsule and weird DLC spread out over several retailers really gave it all a very sour note. That's a story of how all this DRM and PC release bullshit can really spoil a game for you, right there.

Over the christmas sale I re-bought the GOTY on steam, and it's a very different experience. I know I have the full game, and I'm much more inclined to look in all the nooks and crannys for content I might have missed the first time. And that's a lot, because I only completed the main storyline and never came back. Now I've changed my mind about AC's combat and agree that it's pretty much better in every way.

What do we learn from this? I don't know. I still feel bad because I now bought the game twice and feel like I encouraged the publishers to initially bomb all their releases with widely distributed but not globally available DLC, and then release a GOTY and force everyone to buy the whole thing again. If this happens to everyone with at least one game, they still get filthy rich from this sick market strategy.
    Games for Windows Live! It's kind of like XBox Live, only shittier.

You're not alone in this BS. I had the same experience with Fallout 3, re-bought it on Steam for the sole purpose of getting the GFWL bugs out of it.

I tend to think Microsoft does this crap on purpose.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How long does it take to unlock stuff in Tribes ?
    Well they just halved(!) all their prices, so not as long as it used to.

Banned
    Halved their prices or XP cost?

XP gained is based almost entirely on the length of the match, your actual score or whether you win or lose hardly matters at all. Generally I'd say anything more than 42k XP will feel like a fucking chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Herald View Post
    Games for Windows Live! It's kind of like XBox Live, only shittier.

You're not alone in this BS. I had the same experience with Fallout 3, re-bought it on Steam for the sole purpose of getting the GFWL bugs out of it.

I tend to think Microsoft does this crap on purpose.
    See, that's what I mean: people buying a game again, because of DRM. That can't be right.

Also it defies my capability for logic, but GFWL is much less bad with Steam, thus covering one with a whole nother layer of DRM. But it's true, because steam does the updating, it somehow makes GFWL less game breaking.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    KotoR after many years on Steam.

With appropriate widescreen hack shenanigans and a mod to make the gui fit the new resolution.

Graphically its aged horribly but everything else is as sweet as ever.

VRRMM VOOORM BKKKSSHSHSHHH

See, that's what I mean: people buying a game again, because of DRM. That can't be right.

Also it defies my capability for logic, but GFWL is much less bad with Steam, thus covering one with a whole nother layer of DRM. But it's true, because steam does the updating, it somehow makes GFWL less game breaking.
    Aside from anything else, the steam version of fallout 3 requires that you use GFWL too, unless you decide to patch it out, which is completely feasible for any version of the game thanks to modders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Omerta demo. It's everything I hoped it would be. Can't wait for the release.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Just finished off Act 1 of Kentucky route zero. There is definitely something charming about the game (I'm quite fascinated to see where it goes with the further acts). An interesting counterpoint to the walking dead in terms of how you're shaping the narrative through your choices to some degree, even though the story is going in a singular direction, but with KRZ there's no life or death weight to your decisions, Vs just saying what you feel is appropriate. Only downside is no 1920x1200 resolution. :(
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

XCOM and I did a third terror mission with four colonels and a couple of low-rank supports. Goddamn, those colonels could take hits like champs and not give any shit about it. And then proceed to shoot the fuck out of the aliens with crit hits.

...they're scaring me
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Halved their prices or XP cost?

XP gained is based almost entirely on the length of the match, your actual score or whether you win or lose hardly matters at all. Generally I'd say anything more than 42k XP will feel like a fucking chore.
    I assume they halved the prices as well(didn't check) but XP cost is at least halved. That means the most expensive items are now 44k xp.

Banned
    Wow. After I grinded to 100% my Soldat.

Those dicks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Omerta demo. It's everything I hoped it would be. Can't wait for the release.
    It was interesting. Looking forward to the Wot I Think.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    KotoR after many years on Steam.

With appropriate widescreen hack shenanigans and a mod to make the gui fit the new resolution.

Graphically its aged horribly but everything else is as sweet as ever.

VRRMM VOOORM BKKKSSHSHSHHH
    Would you mind posting how you hacked widescreen/gui improvements into it? I'm thinking of playing it soon, and I'd love it to look at least kinda decent.

Sounds like U.S. Gov't logic, where we fix out of control spending with more spending. We fix broken DRM with more DRM. And Steam may provide lots of useful services, but it's still wrapped up in some nasty DRM of it's own.

I think we can fix that problem by informing Gaben that DRM does not stand for Donuts Ready to Masticate.