Page 612 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 1125125626026106116126136146226627121112 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 23591
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I have a 7200 rpm HDD though, maybe slower ones can have problems? From what I hear, SR2 is a terrible port so maybe it's an optimization issue? What hardware are you using?
    The disk is a Caviar Black, as far as sensibly-priced, consumer-level disks go, I should be covered.

Terrible is nothing, it's so shameful most advice I've read on the subject ends with: play the console version or skip to SR3. If you have some time skim through this FAQ, my favorite bit is the one about the CPU frequency having to match exactly the X360 3.2 GHz, unless you use a community developed utility.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Having a go at Recettear and Deadlight. I rarely play more than one game at a time, but it felt right.

Recettear is pretty much everything I expected it to be. Cute, charming, interesting and so forth. Capitalism, ho! I'm a bit concerned that it might get too repetitive after a while, though.

Deadlight is also more or less meeting expectations. It's atmospheric and a bit tense, but not very challenging so far. The story works, but only just. It feels a bit clichéed (and wtf is up with leaving pages of the diary everywhere?). The acting is terrible and the main character is among the least likeable I've encountered.

I basically play Deadlight until I can't stand the guy anymore, then turn to Recettear to wind down and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The disk is a Caviar Black, as far as sensibly-priced, consumer-level disks go, I should be covered.

Terrible is nothing, it's so shameful most advice I've read on the subject ends with: play the console version or skip to SR3. If you have some time skim through this FAQ, my favorite bit is the one about the CPU frequency having to match exactly the X360 3.2 GHz, unless you use a community developed utility.
    Wow. That's... something. I've never had any of those issues. Well, car handling isn't exactly realistic, but I like it that way. I'm clocked at 3.4 GHz, so maybe I'm close enough to not notice any speed-up (do cores not matter?). The game has always run like clockwork for me.

The only recurring hickup I'm experiencing in the series is having to start SR3 in windowed mode, else it takes 2.3 eternities to load. Done all vehicle thefts now too, btw.

Caviar Black here too *brofist*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How to fully charge as medic in TF2 ?? I wait untill bar is 100% then hit right mouse button and always i only charge their weapon :|

What am i doing wrong ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Using the kritzkrieg?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, you have the Kritzkrieg equipped. It lets your bar charge a little faster, and the effect on 100% is that your target gets automatic crits, rather than being invulnerable. If you would prefer the regular Uber just go into the equipment screen (press M, I think) and go back to the regular old Medigun.

I like to pull out the Kritzkrieg now and again. Once when I was playing Heavy right at the start of a Payload map I got Kritzed and Ubered at the same time, and promptly gunned down 6 players as they came out of the gate . Good times.

Use Kritzkrieg for defense and Medigun for offense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I basically play Deadlight until I can't stand the guy anymore,
    When you finish the game you'll get "an ending" but there is a alt ending which requires you complete the game in one sitting... Screw that, go to YouTube after you finish the game and prepare to rage/realise that [I'mnottellingyoubutitmademesoangryIuninstalledtheg ameinthemostangryway].
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I've recently played through Mirror's Edge... That game has a lot of potential but it's also ridiculously infuriating because of its trial and error gameplay and all the forced action (which is like 90% of the game). Am I the only one to think that this concept of 1st person parkour and these controls (which are by far the game's best asset) would have been put to better use in a less linear and slightly more forgiving design?

I'd love to see a similar game, in a more open world with a Thief-like design philosophy to it. But the game has totally nailed the movement and shit... It made running just for the sake of it feel awesome :P
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Deadlight is also more or less meeting expectations. It's atmospheric and a bit tense, but not very challenging so far. The story works, but only just. It feels a bit clichéed (and wtf is up with leaving pages of the diary everywhere?). The acting is terrible and the main character is among the least likeable I've encountered.
    I just finished the game; the challenge really ramps up towards the end.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    The challenge in Deadlight can go take a hike. For the most part is fine, but certain areas are rage-inducingly frustrating, requiring a perfect string of perfect actions at just the right time. Just... ugh.

Not a bad game overall, but I was glad it was over. Probably more glad than I should've been.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Good to know that the challenge increases further on. Looks can only get a game so far.

Would you guys recommend using a controller? I chose kb+m when I saw that aiming was included, but I pretty much never use the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    When you finish the game you'll get "an ending" but there is a alt ending which requires you complete the game in one sitting... Screw that, go to YouTube after you finish the game and prepare to rage/realise that [I'mnottellingyoubutitmademesoangryIuninstalledtheg ameinthemostangryway].
    Wow. Unless I'm already about halfway through the game, sitting thorugh the entirety sounds like a sacrifice worthy of such a special reward. I suppose one could alt-tab out and have it running in the background, though? I have a theory of how the endings play out, but I don't want to spoil it yet.

RCT 2 and trying to make absurdly high excitement 'coasters in an extreme map. I ended up making high intensity ones instead...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Well, I completed one playthrough of The Cave. Thoughts here, on a new website. tl;dr the platforming is either terrible or only pointless, depending on if you like it or not, the ending was weak, but generally the art and puzzles were good.
    I'm sure I'll play through it with the other characters eventually, but I don't really feel excited enough to jump straight back into it.

Now playing more Dark Souls, after an unintentional hiatus. I love everything about it, and apparently I love taking screenshots and captioning them.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Funny when you play SimCity 2000. 3 hours felt like 30 minutes and you could barely stop to rest your hand as it grows
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    On that note, yesterday I spent 45 minutes with Proteus. Felt like 10, at most. What a gem, that game.

Obscure Node
    I played co-op Saints Row 3 with a friend last night and it was a blast.I am open to suggestions about what to "co-op" next.

Quote Originally Posted by Engonge View Post
    I played co-op Saints Row 3 with a friend last night and it was a blast.I am open to suggestions about what to "co-op" next.

RvS! RvS! RvS! RvS!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Engonge View Post
    Have you done Magicka yet? It's fun, in that sort of friendly fire "hit THEM, not ME you fool!" kind of way.

I love my tactical squad games,but the AI,the fucking ai is beyond stupid. I just lost half of my team because they can't properly enter the room,i mean no shit you got shot in to the fucking head if you keep starring at celling when enetering room full of enemies.

Banned
    Does Magicka actually work now? I tried the demo twice on two different rigs about half a year apart and one crashed hard when entering options menu, the other just gave me a white screen.

Granted, they wouldn't patch a demo but still.