Page 618 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 1185185686086166176186196206286687181118 ... LastLast
Results 12,341 to 12,360 of 22681
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Why did Frontlies Fuels Of War failed,i watched few videos and it looks really interesting. It have all these cool little drones you can control xD

ps. I'm browsing TakeDown forums and lolololoolol..

"SWAT teams are often dropped off and picked up with helicopters and submarines."
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 03-02-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Have you played BG before? If not then I should tell you that trying to play evil will lead you into a world of hurt. And your race doesn't matter in that game beyond stats and alignment/class restrictions.
    Oh yeah, I must have finished it 5 or so times...last one being about 6 years ago. Heh. I'll be.. reasonable evil. Yeah.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 03-02-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    Oh yeah, I must have finished it 5 or so times...last one being about 6 years ago. Heh. I'll be.. reasonable evil. Yeah.
    Good good. I'm not a huge fan of BG1 althouh I do enjoy it, but playing an evil fighter/mage would put me off in no time at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    I had a beautiful moment just now.

I was installing the games I got from the Square Enix store, decided to start with Soul Reaver 2. Started up the game and waited for the intro to finish. Since I bought this game at launch, i remembered the long ass prologue. After about 3 minutes, got bored and opened the options menu, hoping to find a skip button. Lo and behold, I stumbled upon all my old saves from 2001!! Just got a warm feeling inside, glad that I don't ever reformat. So now I'm halfway through the game :]

This is the beauty of PC gaming, you cannot replicate this on a new next-gen console. Hopefully Steam cloud becomes more accepted, finding old saves by chance like this is immensely satisfying.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Good good. I'm not a huge fan of BG1 althouh I do enjoy it, but playing an evil fighter/mage would put me off in no time at all.
    I forgot how brutal early game combat was in AD&D. We used to start our campaigns at level 3 at least so that a stray arrow wouldn't one shot our wizard, hehe. Otherwise yeah, I don't think BG1 is nearly as good as BG2, but I wanted to play the whole thing to remember. And also yeah, it sucks that being evil generally means less rewards.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 03-02-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    I forgot how brutal early game combat was in AD&D. We used to start our campaigns at level 3 at least so that a stray arrow doesn't one shot our wizard, hehe. Otherwise yeah, I don't think BG1 is nearly as good as BG2, but I wanted to play the whole thing to remember. And also yeah, it sucks that being evil generally means less rewards.
    It's kind of telling that the second Infinite Engine game - Planescape - did just that and started you at level 3 (and The Nameless One could get plenty of HP if you made sure the roll didn't screw you over). While Neverwinter Nights 2 got you up to level 3 in the intro/tutorial and of course BG2 you start at 6-8 depending on class. And the Icewind Dale games were just better designed for starting parties than BG1 was. Funnily enough though NWN1 was pretty dickish to new characters, even though you get a level or two in the intro/tutorial, as skills like knockdown can completely fuck up a non-fighter type.

Only reason to play evil in BG1 is if you want to roleplay, as I'm pretty sure the game gives zero shits about your choices beyond punishing them with high prices, complaining good-goody party members and Flaming Fist fistings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Less rewards maybe, but less cognitive dissonance when you rob people's houses.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Game of thrones:

Finished the game yesterday. The story really fits in the GOT universe and the endings are excellents even if a bit depressing.

Spoilers:

My ending was the one where Alester kills Mors, save the baby and dies at the hands of the Queen's men. It felt right...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Game of thrones:

Finished the game yesterday. The story really fits in the GOT universe and the endings are excellents even if a bit depressing.

Spoilers:

My ending was the one where Alester kills Mors, save the baby and dies at the hands of the Queen's men. It felt right...
    I had the same ending. It does indeed fit the world quite well.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Less rewards maybe, but less cognitive dissonance when you rob people's houses.
    If you're getting less rewards playing evil in BG, you're playing the wrong kind of evil. There's stupid thug evil, and then there's clever self-serving evil. Self-serving evil does good deeds when it benefits them, robs homes, murders people when there's profit in it, and IMO is the single most fun way to play the BG games. Hell, by the end of my favorite playthrough I was getting into extended land wars with the Baldur's Gate city guards in the streets, whipping fireballs at them with no concern for civilian casualties. Good times. Hell, the monetary benefits of gutting Drizzt and stealing his stuff alone are pretty substantial.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I played Dead Island late into the night, but it never really wowed me. Apparently it wowed my unconscious mind or something, because I dreamed about it all night--the island setting, not the zombies. Something about all the tropical flowers and paths is reminding me of Secret of Evermore, which had some of the most vivid sound ever put to a SNES cartridge, which is most of the reason it sticks so firmly in my memory. Dead Island unlocked a secret place in me.

Network Hub
    Played a bit of Westerado. Wish that they'd do a real release of that game; I'd love to get into it more, but the lack of a save function really doesn't work considering how huge it is. Love the atmosphere and the dialogue system though.

Playing evil in Baldur's Gate 1 is mostly informal, though. Yes, some NPCs make only sense to have in your party if you are evil and some quests have evil solutions (mostly just killing everybody in the room) but ultimately, the game makes it pretty clear that it wants you to act at least vaguely heroic because otherwise the story would not make much sense.
    The second game is quite a bit better about that with some items and quests specifically geared towards evil characters.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Insanely twisted shadow planet, while a few puzzle solutions are harder to do than to figure out, it's still excellent, beautiful and clever. From the same bundle; think I'm done withIron Brigade I literally lack the firepower with the guns I can use, the guns I have looted are level locked about 4 levels above me and I can't begin to fathom how long those 4 levels would take.

Well done double fine you stained the memory of a perfectly good game with grindy dlc(included on pc) I've finished the base game with no grinding at all however.

Yet to try Toy Soldiers but Deadlight & Mark of the ninjawere already in my game catalogue, the prior finished and the later in my shortlist and 30% & done.

Configuring joy2key so I can play fable 1 with a 360 controller is such a ironic situation.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    If you're getting less rewards playing evil in BG, you're playing the wrong kind of evil. There's stupid thug evil, and then there's clever self-serving evil.
    The problem with Baldur's Gate is that there are plenty of opportunities for the former but not nearly enough for the latter. This seems to be a common trend in Bioware games, where being evil usually means acting like a jerk to everyone. Although to be fair, most other developers are guilty of this too. RPGs with an evil path that feels genuinely satisfying are few and far between. Off the top of my head the only examples I can think of are Planescape: Torment, Mask of the Betrayer and the Fallout series.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Think I'm done withIron Brigade I literally lack the firepower with the guns I can use, the guns I have looted are level locked about 4 levels above me and I can't begin to fathom how long those 4 levels would take.
    Not even bothering with Iron Brigade, myself. Tried it, played the first few stages, aaaaand... that was it.

I could very early see that it's a game completely built around the idea of co-op, but none of my friends have it, and there is absolutely zero online population, so, shelved.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    ARPG weekend: evenly split between Torchlight 2 with the Synergies mod mentioned in RPS, and Path of Exile.

Synergies does make TL2 much more interesting to me, although the Necromancer might just be a wee bit overpowered. Haven't played enough to see how it will perform in higher levels, but I like it that it opens up most skills from the start and you can really craft your toon the way you want to.

As for PoE, I had a blast playing my Witch with a friend, but, unlike the Necromancer, her summons are ridiculously squishy at lower levels. I'm not sure if things will improve later on, but I foresee a lot of kiting in my future.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I've apparently (amongst watching rugby, playing snooker and squash and booking holidays) played 11 hours of Sonic: Overly Unwieldy Title Karting Extravaganza (may not be real name).

Anytime I moan about not having enough time to play games feel free to call me a liar!

I'm still fairly mediocre at it (don't think I've quite found the right character yet, I'm almost there but I prefer a sharper angle to my drifting and haven't quite found it - though that said the way the tracks are laid out such a character might be a hindrance) but getting better and it's great fun (I've even jut about come round to the flying sections though I still think they feel weak compared to the other parts). I like the mix up of challenges in the career mode that goes along with the more traditional Grand Prix type thing. Even had a quick blast online and the matchmaking seems to work rather smoothly.

Anyway main point is, it's fun, it's bright, the tracks are good, the soundtrack is ace, it plays satisfyingly, the weapons seem well balanced (if lacking the glorious stupidity of the Mario Kart games). I'm definitely getting my 20 quids worth.
    Last edited by Lambchops; 04-02-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    played 11 hours of Sonic: Overly Unwieldy Title Karting Extravaganza (may not be real name). // (don't think I've quite found the right character yet // (if lacking the glorious stupidity of the Mario Kart games). I'm definitely getting my 20 quids worth.
    Sonic And People Racing
    Sonic And "Now I'm in a boat"
    Sonic And Transformed Racing With All The Stars etc.

When I started I actually found it quite difficult to control. I went from Sonic to Knuckles, who basically is the most balanced between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Go for Tails if you want supreme control, but you'll find yourself over time getting better and starting with Tails will mean moving to lower handling rated characters will be a steeper challenge. You'll eventually need to find yourself moving to the lower handling rated characters anyhow if you'll want to get higher speeds. Of course you can always use higher handling for specific events until you unlock other mods. Higher handling gives you more steer while drifting. Anyhow, after levelling up Knuckles, I was eventually able to move onto Sonic, before venturing out and trying a few other characters.

As for the items, definitely a shame they're less well themed or interesting, however they do their job and I'd rather have slightly less interesting weapons (although interesting being made up for with almost everything else) than some of the bollocks in the MK item roster.

I too have been enjoying the game though. Just under 11 hours played (forget Steam, the game has its own racing timer) and just over 60% of the single player stuff complete. Feeling a bit bad-ass, really. 5 more tournaments (4 races each) and I'll have the final character unlocked, so I'm excited to have the full roster. Basically, it's a fantastic game that only starts to get frustrating on the highest difficulty setting, where it's more frustration with yourself that you're not meeting the usually quite fair challenge. Strongly recommend it both for people looking on who were interested or for others interested in an arcade racer.

Anyhow, I've started on The Witcher and it's...well, I'm only 2 hours in, so I don't know too much to make of it, so far. Opted for the hardest difficulty setting because I'm trying to challenge myself in games lately, so we'll see if that was a painful mistake. The interface is a bit clumsy and all over the place, not helped by some of the menus looking a lot more complicated than how they actually are. I get what they're doing, with a really nicely done style, but it's a little overwhelming. Combat is a tad boring, but not to the extent that I'm yawning. It's active enough, I suppose. Anyhow, stopped before getting into Chapter 1, after having laughed at the hilarious lack of subtlety displayed, for example: "Well, we need to hurry, but let's have sex." *Sex occurs - gets weird card showing who I slept with, with a cat over the only place it would be on something like this* "Oh by the way, our friend died and everything is screwed."

Still, it's only 2 hours. I'm aware I have a long way to go. We'll see what happens, though I'm enjoying it enough so far.