Page 622 of 1260 FirstFirst ... 1225225726126206216226236246326727221122 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,440 of 25181
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    AGHHHH! GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE! THERE'S MY ANSWER!

Off to Steam we go.
    You will not be happy to find out that the Steam version also has GFWL.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    After getting it for pennies ages ago (but finding it was a moody thing and crashed a bit) I've finally gotten around to playing a bit of Warlock

It's a bit war hungry isn't it? I mean I reckoned on needing to build up some forces and explore a bit (ala Civ) but stepping outside my city I'm getting the shit kicked out of me EVERY time!!

Am I missing something?? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    After getting it for pennies ages ago (but finding it was a moody thing and crashed a bit) I've finally gotten around to playing a bit of Warlock

It's a bit war hungry isn't it? I mean I reckoned on needing to build up some forces and explore a bit (ala Civ) but stepping outside my city I'm getting the shit kicked out of me EVERY time!!

Am I missing something?? :)
    Warlock is not a 4x game. Its a turn-based strategy wargame.

It make a lot more sense now? :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    This sounds like the bug where ALL aliens activate and attack. See this post for example, and these. If it's reproducible, maybe the developers would like a copy of your save file.

Insert angry rant about how XCOM is still badly broken after 4 months and so I'm still not playing it.
    That does, in fact, sound exactly like what's happening. It's something of a relief to discover it's a bug, and not (just) incompetence on my part!

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Warlock is not a 4x game. Its a turn-based strategy wargame.
    Really it's trying to be both, which is part of the reason I don't think it succeeds at being a very good example of either.
    Last edited by vinraith; 06-02-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    AGHHHH! GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE! THERE'S MY ANSWER!

Off to Steam we go.
    curious about this as I just bought the retail box, activated the cd key on Steam and have had no issues with GFWL. Are GFWL's issues ISP related?

About the only time I got any difficulties with GFWL was when Gears of War security license suddenly expired and nobody could activate it anymore.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Didn't I mention that I absolutely love Support classes in XCOM? My first Support, the Brazillian Colonel, had just been gifted Psi powers! Man, I don't know what to say but I'm sure as hell he'll be kicking massive ass
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    CKII. I just spent 45 minutes trying to find a wife. The only prestigious marriages I could find were of the jailbait sort, so I guess I have to wait. I'm going to play something else now.

Finished legend of Grimrock last night. The last boss is a brilliant Idea... But it took me more than a hour to beat it... I always got stuck between some random mobs... Anyway, it's over Now !

The ending is sadly disappointing.

Darksiders. I'm quite enjoying it thus far, but I don't see myself replaying it anytime soon - it's not very memorable/a bit bland, in my opinion.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    curious about this as I just bought the retail box, activated the cd key on Steam and have had no issues with GFWL. Are GFWL's issues ISP related?

About the only time I got any difficulties with GFWL was when Gears of War security license suddenly expired and nobody could activate it anymore.
    Not sure what caused it for me but I've had GFWL wipe my DOW2 saves, before that I was apathetic towards it learning to annoyed at the start up nonsense but since then I've been quite annoyed at it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Super Hexagon.

Third stage, died with 2.02 seconds until completion.

The game reminds me so much of that feeling I used to get when raiding back in my early wow days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Any other games like LA Noire,where you are cop,solving crime cases and similar stuff *???? :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    The old Police Quests.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    The old Police Quests.

Is there nothing more cinematic like LA Noire,its like i'm watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    CKII. I just spent 45 minutes trying to find a wife. The only prestigious marriages I could find were of the jailbait sort, so I guess I have to wait. I'm going to play something else now.
    What's your noble title? In my current game as duke of saxony I have no problems getting my family members married with all sorts of princes and the like but the lower you are in rank the harder it gets to find appropriate partners that don't give you a prestige penalty. Also, there's nothing wrong with jailbait...in the game.
    Oh gods, I'm on some watchlist now, ain't I.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    What's your noble title? In my current game as duke of saxony I have no problems getting my family members married with all sorts of princes and the like but the lower you are in rank the harder it gets to find appropriate partners that don't give you a prestige penalty. Also, there's nothing wrong with jailbait...in the game.
    Oh gods, I'm on some watchlist now, ain't I.
    Actually, there is, because if you get betrothed to a very young girl, you can't really be sure what traits she'll end up with, and you might get screwed (not by the police, but by genetics!)

@Daftpunk: I don't know of any, sorry. It's not a very popular genre.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Any other games like LA Noire,where you are cop,solving crime cases and similar stuff *???? :D
    Maybe the Sherlock Holmes games (point & click)? I think there are some pretty atrocious CSI games too.

Next on my list of mystery solvey games is The Last Express. Seems awesome! It's going to have to wait a while though, I have everything to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Next on my list of mystery solvey games is The Last Express. Seems awesome! It's going to have to wait a while though, I have everything to do.
    Great idea! I bought it during the last sale. Now without internet at home is the perfect time to try it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Really it's trying to be both, which is part of the reason I don't think it succeeds at being a very good example of either.
    I think the big problem is the interface. They basically stole the Civ5 gui, so people instantly assume "Oh, it is a 4x" rather than "It is your standard TBS with a more involved town upgrade system"
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Finished Resonance. What a great game! I was having a bit of a trouble sticking to it because what looked like sublimely charming retro graphics, had lost part of their appeal and I think Primordia had a hand in this. The middle part of the game, the one with the large multi-part puzzle, I found a bit confusing, but the game really kicked into gear after that.

Puzzles are generally of good quality and logical, although in the big puzzle, I felt like the game was leading me to do some things in a certain order, while really it's not the right one. In particular, one of the subpuzzles requires setting up three characters in a sequence which is reset every time you fail, and it wasn't clear to me you *have* to do those things /before/ you have a chance to solve it, so I ended up going through some unnecessary trial and error.

I'd like to see the second ending but there's no autosave from before the ending, and I was too taken to think about saving. With a score of 317 out of 340 on my first playthrough, I've decided to start a new game, this time with the dev commentary, I usually get tired of that after some time, in which case I'll just replay the ending.

Then, slowly progressing through Mark of the Ninja NG+, begun Iron Brigade, and playing some short games of Dwarfs?!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"