Page 623 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633673723 ... LastLast
Results 12,441 to 12,460 of 21044
    Finished Resonance. What a great game! I was having a bit of a trouble sticking to it because what looked like sublimely charming retro graphics, had lost part of their appeal and I think Primordia had a hand in this. The middle part of the game, the one with the large multi-part puzzle, I found a bit confusing, but the game really kicked into gear after that.

Puzzles are generally of good quality and logical, although in the big puzzle, I felt like the game was leading me to do some things in a certain order, while really it's not the right one. In particular, one of the subpuzzles requires setting up three characters in a sequence which is reset every time you fail, and it wasn't clear to me you *have* to do those things /before/ you have a chance to solve it, so I ended up going through some unnecessary trial and error.

I'd like to see the second ending but there's no autosave from before the ending, and I was too taken to think about saving. With a score of 317 out of 340 on my first playthrough, I've decided to start a new game, this time with the dev commentary, I usually get tired of that after some time, in which case I'll just replay the ending.

Then, slowly progressing through Mark of the Ninja NG+, begun Iron Brigade, and playing some short games of Dwarfs?!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Finished Resonance. What a great game!
    I actually felt meh-ish about it. The story is good, the twist was, at least for me, quite unexpected, and the voice acting was top notch (Daryl Lathon and Logan Cunningham? with Abe Goldfarb, A.K.A Joey rearing his head every now and then? Oh dear lord).

But so many puzzles used absolute bollocks moon logic, and the 4-character-split puzzles were such a royal pain in the ass, having to constantly drag people back and forth because you needed access to a specific memory or item, uugghh...

And then there's:

I'd like to see the second ending but there's no autosave from before the ending, and I was too taken to think about saving.
    This is a horrible design decision. Why would you do this? There is no warning, no sign, no NOTHING that an alternative ending is possible, and despite that the game doesn't have the dignity to create an autosave, but then each ending is also split into 2 in a way depending on what you do about the article, and AARRRGGGHHFAOHOAH christ.

And then when you have to choose what button to press at the end of the 4-character section (When THAT happens, at the vault), it turns out that [spoiler] IT DIDN'T MATTER WHAT BUTTON YOU CHOOSE, YOU ALWAYS GET THE SAME RESULT! WHY EVEN GIVE US A CHOICE TO LEAVE US WONDERING WHAT WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF WE PRESSED THE OTHER ONE?! WHY DO SUCH A THING?![/spoiler]

So much bullshit.

Then, slowly progressing through Mark of the Ninja NG+
    ... Mark has NG+? Oh dear.

Obscure Node
    Dota 2, Minecraft and Hotline Miami!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    begun Iron Brigade
    Hit me up on steam if you need fire support, its a nice little game but I've reached my plateu for playing solo
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    SpyParty BETA
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Hotline Miami
    Faster Then Light

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    The story is good, the twist was, at least for me, quite unexpected,
    Definitely, I was blown away at least twice after the big puzzle. Although admittedly during the last third I felt a bit detached because I couldn't develop an attachment to Bennet (maybe because I failed to unlock his secret backstory) and Ray the way I did with Anna (did he really have the guile to kill the most interesting and detailed character? I couldn't believe my eyes) and Ed.

But so many puzzles used absolute bollocks moon logic, and the 4-character-split puzzles were such a royal pain in the ass, having to constantly drag people back and forth because you needed access to a specific memory or item, uugghh...
    I agree the middle part of the game would have benefited from more signposting, I didn't notice much moon logic though (I'd appreciate if you sent me some examples in a PM), everytime I was stumped it was a consequence of not paying enough attention to objects or dialogue (using it as a chill-out game was hardly the smartest choice, too). Even though I'm guilty of checking a walkthrough twice or thrice, everytime I was like: "how could I have NOT realized this myself? it was literally under my nose"

Which reminds me, the memory inventory is a great narrative device, because of it the game can dispose with basically all of the usual 'exhaust all the conversation trees before you proceed', it was a refreshing change, really.

There is no warning, no sign, no NOTHING that an alternative ending is possible, and despite that the game doesn't have the dignity to create an autosave, but then each ending is also split into 2 in a way depending on what you do about the article, and AARRRGGGHHFAOHOAH christ.
    Agreed, again, although IMO the dialogue made it pretty clear that you could choose to either side or kill Ed.

WHY DO SUCH A THING?!
    I see where you're coming from, I too would have liked to have a branch at the vault, but asking the question was not totally pointless: it made me stop playing the game for a while to think about what I /really/ wanted to do and the consequences it could have. Maybe I wasn't as disappointed as you because I chose to not destroy the devices :P

It also made me wonder what Resonance could have been with a real budget and team behind it. AFAIK the central theme it tackles wasn't explored nearly enough in fiction, much less in games. Anna's backstory was also the only one which was really fleshed out.

... Mark has NG+? Oh dear.
    After this, I had to go and check again, make sure it really said "New Game+" <blush>
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Warlock is not a 4x game. Its a turn-based strategy wargame.

It make a lot more sense now? :p
    It's certainly combat-heavy - which I actually don't mind, I'd rather have that than one of those times when Civ games leave you trying to keep track of 20 armies wandering around the world - but it's just insane how much combat it throws in there.

One game last night, inside 10 moves I'd been attacked by 2 other mages and 3 other random groups of creatures - not one of my armies had moved outside the city!! Not a lot you can build in 10 turns either!!

Didn't die either, just pretty much stuck in stasis creating units who'd then be killed endlessly.

Hmmm

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Some Planetside 2 with a bunch of friends, great chaotic fun although there are times when certain areas are deserted and taking over bases is just becomes a shuttle run test with a bunch of people just staring at each other.

Decided to give Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed a try and it's actually a pretty cool and fun cart racing game, it also looks amazing. I'm playing on B level and often get my butt kicked, in some levels more than others.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I didn't notice much moon logic though (I'd appreciate if you sent me some examples in a PM)
    I played it about a month and a half ago? or something like that so I don't remember much, only one I clearly remember is [spoiler] having to go back to the police dept. to steal a magnet. Seriously? I just got out of there when I'm pretty much considered public enemy number 1, and I have to leisurely return to steal a magnet?! Did I suddenly stumble into Monkey Island without noticing?[/spoiler]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Ironman Victory! Finally I can rest...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    LA Noire,i run over dead body at crime scene and i needed to replay the mission..DAMN YOU!

Otherwise its getting kinda repetitive,and in third case in a row,we are dealing with stolen car ? Why dear god,authors were without imagination..Game is happening in 1940 right,they could use klu klux klan for example,something with them could be great case. Great!
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Game is happening in 1940 right,they could use klu klux klan for example,something with them could be great case. Great!
    In LA though?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    LA Noire,i run over dead body at crime scene and i needed to replay the mission..DAMN YOU!
    That just seems like good police work to me.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post

....dammit
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    DOW: Dark Crusade was providing a nice alternative to SupCom, but now I've dominated the map to the point where I can max my resource intake right away and the rest of the level is just a matter of slowly creeping across the map with my massive army. Maybe I'll go back and replay Warcraft 3 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    DOW: Dark Crusade was providing a nice alternative to SupCom, but now I've dominated the map to the point where I can max my resource intake right away and the rest of the level is just a matter of slowly creeping across the map with my massive army. Maybe I'll go back and replay Warcraft 3 or something.
    As Necron, Spess Muhreens, Imperial Guards, Orkz or Chaos?
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Finished up the Nightmare in Northpoint DLC last night for Sleeping Dogs. I'm really enjoying the DLC they're putting out for it. So far both story DLCs have been like movies, one is a Chinese horror about ghosts escaped from hell and abducting your girl and the other (Zodiac Tournament) is a kung-fu movie set on a tropical island where the bad guy is an incredibly old man.

Also played some Awesomenaughts as Lonestar and had my best game every where I went 6-0 and won the game. Went up two leagues (didn't even know there were leagues)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Lucky bastard, congratulations!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    In LA though?

It could be exception,they could am move their HQ to LA and start kidnapping black people to make experiments on them lololol :|
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

I'm still playing King's Bounty: Crossworlds, but restarted with the Orcs on the March campaign (pretty stupid I didn't do this the first time...). I do like the new Military Academy building, it's a good (if expensive) way to get the better units earlier, by upgrading your current ones. My tiny army currently exists of Inquisitors, Paladins, Archers & Polar Bears. Of which I'm looking for good replacements for the archers and bears. And I really could use more paladins, but the gods of randomness are letting me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Apropos dragons, as a paladin you can get the voice of the dragon skill, which is the only way to boost dragon morale. If you then buff them, they become nigh unkillable engines of destruction: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=43916440
    I only ever used red dragons, though. My army consisted of guard droids, repair droids, alchemists and engineers for the most part, plus the set that boosts the stats of all of these units.

That set up (droids & dwarfs) sounds also like a good one, might try that out sometime! As for dragons, I haven't had the opportunity to get one yet, but I'll get that skill when I have the opportunity.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more