Page 626 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 1265265766166246256266276286366767261126 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,520 of 23789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Done with Arkham Asylum and moved onto Arkham City.

When I first played AC I thought I preferred AA purely because of the game's tighter focus. But replaying AC this time, I think its a better game in every way. Its astonishing what a beautiful world Rocksteady have built and how logically it flows.

Batman himself would be impressed.

My only gripe is that the counter markers have been retained on hard difficulty in AC. I have to wait till new game+ till I get to play the game without them. :/
    I've always thought of them as the the perfect example of graphic novel vs comic book. AA is a graphic novel, a full story on it's on and AC is a monthly comic, where Batman is fighting one big threat and several smaller ones along the way (the side stories with Deadshot, Bane). Both great games and I'd love to get a weekend to play them back to back. My two complaints about AC was the lack of the Scarecrow (an easter egg doesn't count!) and how stupid Bane was. I mean honestly, he falls for the oldest trick in the book and then gets trapped?

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I find that things go awry when I build anything other than Fire Warriors and tanks. My general RTS proclivity is to hole up and build an unholy amount of towers and slowly work my way across the map, but that doesn't really work with Tau and if I let Chaos get a Relic I'm pretty much fucked.
    I always found Tau hardest to play in that game. I find them very weak early on in the campaign because of their super weak commander and then in game in general because of some weak in game units. The amounts of times the computer would just rush me with chaos scouts followed by marines which did not end well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I had some trouble before I built up a sufficient Honor Guard to jump with me from map to map (after which point I could just bum rush anybody). You need to abuse the range on your Fire Warriors as much as possible early game, and the only way to do that effectively is to keep a Pathfinder squad handy for their ridiculous sight range... but Pathfinders have a nasty habit of wandering into the crossfire and dying, so that can be frustrating to someone with Severe Micro Deficiency like me. Once you get your Hammerhead tanks, though, you can pretty much attack+move your blob to the other side of the map and watch the fireworks.

I would get absolutely slaughtered if I ever played against even a semi-competent human opponent, I think.

Portal 2 (i think i will play it forever): the community chamber are a TON and most of them are great.
    The more i play the more i realize what kind of game is portal 2. Definitely a shock.

I like 4X games, i'm playing Distant Worlds: Legends (give t a look, it's a bit expensive but it's worthy) and looking for Stardrive (which is in closed beta).
    Finally i'm playing Starsector (previously called Starfarer): it's in alpha but works perfectly, it's a sort of RPG / action RTS. It costs $ 10, there are a couple of articles here in RPS.
    Last edited by Kavalarika; 08-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.

RCT 2 again. I got bored a bit with having unlimited amouts of cash for building stuff so, I said "fuck it" and went on to play a scenario. Started in Infernal Views and what I have to do now is get that loan debt off my back ASAP. It's been slow but looks like I have to build more thrill rides. Man, those tickets sell like hot cakes.

Other than that, I played a bit of Deus Ex on the side. Killed Anna Navarre with a LAM I planted earlier before I talked to the NSF leader so, I don't have to kill her when they try backstab me later. Now, I gotta find that damn Ambrosia somewhere in a hanger. Maybe it's not in this hanger where I met them...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Just finished Mark of the Ninja.

Sublime. And the last "stage" was a thing of sheer beauty.

Tried going non-lethal in MotN, I might like it more than my previous bloodbath approach. Better late than never, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalarika View Post
    Portal 2 (i think i will play it forever): the community chamber are a TON and most of them are great.
    Can you recommend some? I picked one high-rated series off the workshop and couldn't even get myself to finish it because, although well made (for a user-made level), it was no match for the SP game - and I'm not talking about difficulty.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I might like it more than my previous bloodbath approach.
    Bloodbath as in "screw alarms, I'm taking you all down head on", or as in "Silent, but deadly"?

Because I damn well enjoyed killing everything in my path and completing every stage undetected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Because I damn well enjoyed killing everything in my path and completing every stage undetected.
    Me too. Non-lethal has more of that smooth-concatenation-of-actions which feels so very ninja and satisfying, piling up bodies is more fragmented as a gameplay style, especially so if you hide your victims. Being a ruthless killer also makes me rely much less on ninja toys, not good.

I kind of assumed the bloodbath approach was good for scoring, but there's a hefty bonus at the end for being non-lethal and the Undetected bonus helps too (some are slightly more tricky to get because you need to go deliberately close to the guard in order to trigger them). Systematically distracting guards adds a bunch of points as well but is not as pleasant as only doing it whenever it's needed.

That said, I've only gone non-lethal on NG+ and early levels (easy mode?) so I'll have to see how hard it is in later stages.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    2 months of not playing PES2013 and i can't play for shit,miss 90% of chances for goal,what have become of me haha,damn :(

Playing some more Risen. I think I'm mostly through. I'm in chapter three of four (or so I've been told) and I've cleared most of the island, have pretty good gear and swim in money. Well, it's still not a particularly great game. The characters are incredibly boring, the plot is paper thin, the combat cheap and clunky, and all in all it just radiates mediocreness. There's nothing that is really bad about it but there's also nothing it does particularly well. It seems too comfortable with being average.
    Generally, it feels like an RPG from ten, fifteen years ago. You know, like Gothic. Since then just so many RPGs have come out that are simply better. Dragon Age, The Witcher, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect, NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer and many others (haters gonna hate) and I would reommend all of these over Risen.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I'm starting to like Fallen Enchantress. Clap for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    I'm starting to like Fallen Enchantress. Clap for me.
    Stockholm syndrome? Or you've discovered its secretly quite good?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I went from CentreForward to LeftWingForward (Position Christiano Ronaldo is playing for example) and boom one goal and one assist!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Playing some more Risen. I think I'm mostly through. I'm in chapter three of four (or so I've been told) and I've cleared most of the island, have pretty good gear and swim in money. Well, it's still not a particularly great game. The characters are incredibly boring, the plot is paper thin, the combat cheap and clunky, and all in all it just radiates mediocreness. There's nothing that is really bad about it but there's also nothing it does particularly well. It seems too comfortable with being average.
    Generally, it feels like an RPG from ten, fifteen years ago. You know, like Gothic. Since then just so many RPGs have come out that are simply better. Dragon Age, The Witcher, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect, NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer and many others (haters gonna hate) and I would reommend all of these over Risen.
    I just hope that you read Alec's diary, which significantly improved my own experience in the game. I kept playing the game while waiting for his entries, but lost interest when he did, too. It really is a rather mediocre game.

After finishing Shadows of Amn, went back to NWN2 OC before going for Throne of Bhaal. About to get to Neverwinter, so I'm getting close to the better parts. Apart from the Orc caves.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post

Can you recommend some? I picked one high-rated series off the workshop and couldn't even get myself to finish it because, although well made (for a user-made level), it was no match for the SP game - and I'm not talking about difficulty.

Sure! I can suggest some good authors:

Azorae (easy and medium difficulty chambers; simple and polish design):
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azorae/myworkshopfiles/

Gig (difficult chambers; usually mazy design but very rewarding at the end):
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...workshopfiles/

Mathey2009 (medium and difficult chambers; unusual design and innovative mechanics):

Mevious (medium chambers; classical and polished design, one of the most famous):

also you can add me on steam (nick: kavalarika) and browse my favourites, if you want we can test some good co-op maps :)
    Hope that i helped you!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm about to run Origin for the first time in about 2 months - it's going to be grim, isn't it?

Later I'll be playing a GFWL game - not played one of those in more like 3 months...

*heads for the drinks cupboard*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'm about to run Origin for the first time in about 2 months - it's going to be grim, isn't it?

Later I'll be playing a GFWL game - not played one of those in more like 3 months...

*heads for the drinks cupboard*
    While you're at it why don't you load up something that uses Gamespy for multiplayer?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Been playing Guild Wars 2 a lot this month. Finishing up the PQ and all the dungeons on my engineer, might even go for the monthly at this rate.

Current book I am reading is really getting me in the mood for The Witcher 2 (well, actually, it is making me want to play Dragon's Dogma but I Refuse to buy that until the re-release comes out in a few months, so geralt it is! :p). Decided to try out the Steam version since I grabbed it in a sale a while back (can never have too many copies of The Witcher). No retroactive achievements AND increased lag (compared to the gog release) means I'll just stick with the gog release.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Valkyria Chronicles (戦場のヴァルキュリア -Gallian Chronicles-) on the PS3. Way too many cut-scenes, clunky Japanese menus, but great fun to play when it puts you on the battlefield.

On the PC front, I'm slowly playing through my first game of Endless Space.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18