Page 639 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689739 ... LastLast
Results 12,761 to 12,780 of 22674
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just deleted half of my game catalog yesterday,it was painful but this way i can really complete some stuff :(

I bought Eversion in the Steam for Linux sale. It's nicely subversive, and it starts to resemble a puzzle platformer in the later stages, and a quite difficult one at that. It's a shame that it ends just as it starts to realise its potential. Oh well, it was fun for €1,60.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    - 99% of UK radio is US music
    Welcome to the rest of the world. We are all America.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Now have a small trucking empire in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

My employees are, to a man, useless ponces until they have distance trucking and a secondary skill.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Euro truck simulator sounds like the X series.

How the heck do you open inventory in F:New Vegas ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I've acquainted myself with Puzzle Quest 2 on one of those dirty handheld devices, it's comfortingly similar to the first one and as compulsive as ever.

Back in PC land I'm planning on ditching Trine 2 (felt like I was going through the motions, pretty as it is) and am either going to start Resonance or Max Payne 3.

TAB - Inventory,but at the start of game i already have several powerful weapons (Shotgun,two pistols,spear,machete..) and several outfits,heavy vault armor,medium armors and shit like that,is this normal ?

Those are the preorder packs, you should've disabled them :P

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How the heck do you open inventory in F:New Vegas ?
    Press Tab.

Edit: Missed your second post. The items you already have are from the Courier's Stash. It was originally a pre-order bonus and later made available as DLC. If you have them then you probably bought the GOTY edition. I don't like them all that much because they skew early game balance, but you'll find better weapons soon enough.

This is what I've been playing:

SHODAN_hires.jpg

With all the necessary mods, System Shock 2 looks surprisingly good. It's still noticeably dated, but never to the point where it affects your immersion. I think a lot of it is due to the art direction; the blocky graphics and cold colours reinforce the concept of an abandoned space ship filled with hostile entities. And for once having every NPC look like they came straight out of the uncanny valley is a good thing.

B0rsuk gave me the idea of trying a Psionics/Energy build, both paths I haven't tried out before. So far it's been going fairly well, although I'm a bit worried about the later decks. Energy weapons are useless against the advanced hybrids and none of the PSI powers do much damage. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 17-02-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Now have a small trucking empire in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

My employees are, to a man, useless ponces until they have distance trucking and a secondary skill.
    You're encroaching on my territory. Gonna' go gather my trucker gang and challenge you to a truck-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You're encroaching on my territory. Gonna' go gather my trucker gang and challenge you to a truck-off.
    There was an A-Team episode that was exactly that, except with taxicab dispatchers.

Consequently, now I see what you were talking about with speeding tickets. When I started in Italy, everybody was like, "Speeding? I don't understand the question." Now that I'm in the UK, it's like, "welcome to Aberdeen, here's your $550 toll."
    Last edited by Nalano; 17-02-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Yeah, we love our speed cameras. I've been tagged a few times for not paying enough attention on the road to spot those warning signposts.

And in the game.

Only recently left England and it took some adjusting to drive on the other side of the road. What's with all the toll booths from France to Italy? I also noticed a lot of stuff hanging out in the scenery which the dev had made whole games out of, like the woodcutting machine. Oh and I saw people, actual people walking around! A man carrying a handbag and doing a girly hip walk. I think the character models got mixed up or something, but I was in Paris at the time, so maybe everything was working just perfectly.

I had this startup quest with a chick with dog in New Vegas and i needed to find some herbs or something,so i just went on and started killing people i met on road,first three victims were members of some powder gang xD Then i went on and some fellow was all smartass do not procede escaped prisoners are here,so i shot him in head,and his boss and few more of their crew. THEN I TOOK THEIR GOOGLES FUCK YEAH! Incoming screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    What's with all the toll booths from France to Italy?
    Funny enough, that didn't phase me at all. I guess I'm just too used to the Jersey Turnpike to wonder why anybody would just leave all their freeways free of charge.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

I started playing Hitman: Bloodlines in the morning. It's good fun but the whole open endedness seems a bit overrated. I just did the opera level and I couldn't find a way to kill the ambassador person silently and without shooting my way out. As it turns out, if you kill the singer first and don't get caught, the ambassador runs down from his secure lodge to mourn his pal and then he is much easier to take out. Well, how are you supposed to figure that out if not trial and error? If you set it up like that from the beginning and drop the stage lights when the ambassador comes down, it really makes 47 look more like a psychic instead of a, well, hitman.
    It did give me the silent assassin rating in the end, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I had this startup quest with a chick with dog in New Vegas and i needed to find some herbs or something,so i just went on and started killing people i met on road,first three victims were members of some powder gang xD Then i went on and some fellow was all smartass do not procede escaped prisoners are here,so i shot him in head,and his boss and few more of their crew. THEN I TOOK THEIR GOOGLES FUCK YEAH! Incoming screenshots.
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Every time somebody starts harping on about the benefits of emergent gameplay, I'm just going to quote the ridiculous sociopathic antics like the aforementioned.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

That is why I like Dwarf Fortress adventurer mode. It's the exact same emergent gameplay antics, but only the critters you meet murder you instead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Funny enough, that didn't phase me at all. I guess I'm just too used to the Jersey Turnpike to wonder why anybody would just leave all their freeways free of charge.
    Yeah, toll booths are a feature down in Brazil as well, so to me it's more "what? They don't charge tolls in Germany? How come?"

And Amsterdam is my favorite place to get speeding tickets, when heading to the ships to England. There's a small stretch where the speed limit goes from 100 to 50 to 100 to 50 in like one kilometer, I always get tagged there.

Also, two tips:

- fuel seems to be much cheaper in Poland than anywhere else;
    - it makes absolutely no difference what truck you buy for other drivers, so there's no reason to buy anything other than the cheapest one you can find. No reason to upgrade them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    - fuel seems to be much cheaper in Poland than anywhere else;
    - it makes absolutely no difference what truck you buy for other drivers, so there's no reason to buy anything other than the cheapest one you can find. No reason to upgrade them either.
    Fuel is cheap anyway, especially when you have your own personal pump.

As for other drivers, do you ever see your own staff on the road? I know they exist because I see their logs, but I'm thinking of making the most ridiculously outlandish truck designs standard across my company just so I can pick 'em out from the traffic.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl