Page 642 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1425425926326406416426436446526927421142 ... LastLast
Results 12,821 to 12,840 of 24106
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    TLDR
    Shad'O:
    Beautiful asthetics
    Elegant Sound design
    Charming if simple narrative
    Horrific wart of a tower defence game
    Aw man. From what I saw of TB's video, it seemed like a really interesting game. Shame it falls flat in the mechanics department.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    While I'm fooling around in the Mojave as a hispanic cowboy science-geek, I'm trying to figure out a way to find a Paladin set for my second character in Dark Souls to complete her build. I'm starting to realize that even upgading the Zweihander to +7, it's still complete shit when I can't hit anything with it, even a giant. I probably have to settle with a Claymore now and try to get a Silver Knight Sword if I can. My pyro ravaged O&S with that.

Any tips for a Paladin build?
    Define "paladin"

That being said, one of the best (arguably THE best) sets is the Elite Knight due to a combo of very high poise and (comparatively) low weight. Even my lightly armored characters tend to wear the gloves and legs of that for the poise boost.

And I don't recall the stats offhand, but Paladin Leeroy drops the Paladin set when you kick his ass, so that might be a nice aesthetic choice.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

One of my guys in DkS is a Paladin-like guy. This is the character I play coop with.

Basically I use a Lightning Claymore as my main tool of destruction (I prefer the moveset) and a Divine Zweihander as my secondary weapon, with heavy knight-looking armor (I mix and match different pieces to achieve the look I want, stats are secondary TBH).

He is also a faith guy 1st and foremost with 40+ faith at the moment and enough STR to wield his swords with a shield. Magics are ONLY Holy (way of the white) and Lightning (mainly sunspears from the sunbro faction).
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Define "paladin"

That being said, one of the best (arguably THE best) sets is the Elite Knight due to a combo of very high poise and (comparatively) low weight. Even my lightly armored characters tend to wear the gloves and legs of that for the poise boost.

And I don't recall the stats offhand, but Paladin Leeroy drops the Paladin set when you kick his ass, so that might be a nice aesthetic choice.
    "Paladin" as in "mostly Leeroy without his shitty Grant hammer and better miracles". The character I'm making here currently has the full Elite Knight set with a bit of sorcery and a Tin Banishment Catalyst equipped but that's not the build I'm going for. Sure I have a few miracles but they ain't worth shit without any offensive miracles like Solaire's.

About Leeroy's swag, does it come with Sanctus when I kill him? Not that I care for minor health regen but hey, just complete the paladin build.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Guuuys,how can i see my character in front/face in New Vegas,for seeing it in third person there is mouse scroll,but what about his front ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Try holding down the third-person view key and moving your mouse around? Clicking and holding the mouse wheel should work too unless you've changed the default settings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Just finished the first episode of the "Tyranny of King Washington" DLC for AC3. Just finished the main game yesterday, so a nice coincidence that the DLC was released today. It was pretty much more of the same, but with tea fueled superpowers. Poor Georgie seems to be doomed to fight tea hugging conservatives forever.

The missions were so-so, which isn't ideal, seeing as the DLC is more or less entirely mission driven. There is a pretty big area to play in and some collectibles, but there isn't much to do in the area and the collectibles are more or less useless. There were a few activities, which didn't seem to have any impact. I played for a bit more than 2.5 hours, including some run-around (and a LOT of trudging thorugh waist deep snow), so the seven hours promised for the trilogy seem pretty likely.

It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't call it particularly good either. It might be interesting if you want more missions, but is certainly not a must buy.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Guuuys,how can i see my character in front/face in New Vegas,for seeing it in third person there is mouse scroll,but what about his front ?
    Holding down the third mouse button lets you rotate the camera.

Just finished System Shock 2. Airtekh was right, a Psy/Energy build becomes absurdly powerful late in the game. The EMP rifle obliterates any non-organic enemy, even those pesky Cyborg Assassins. The final boss went down in a matter of seconds, I didn't even have to move. Meanwhile, Pyrokinesis and Adrenaline Overcharge are more than a match for the annelids. And once you get Invisibility you don't even need to fight at all.

My only regret is that I didn't have enough cyber modules left for the fifth tier. Some of its powers looked pretty interesting, although I can't think of a moment where I would have seriously needed them.

Oh, and the ending's great, though it's a shame we never got an actual conclusion.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 19-02-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    There is a pretty big area to play in and some collectibles, but there isn't much to do in the area and the collectibles are more or less useless. [...] It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't call it particularly good either. It might be interesting if you want more missions, but is certainly not a must buy.
    I left Brotherhood completely obsessed with Assassin's Creed, I left Revelations realising that the developers are not traveling on the same development path as I dreamed they might.

All the actual strategic choices are single player and group around a percentage chance of success and baby sitting the events every 15 minutes "or the templars will win!!!". And secondarily be completely optional. I mean, I like the core assassination gameplay, but that peaked hard in brotherhood (not played 3 yet).

From what you have said i guess I'll give up waiting for the complete dlc pack to get cheap and just buy ass3 for £10 like it will soon be judging from pricing trends.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Try holding down the third-person view key and moving your mouse around? Clicking and holding the mouse wheel should work too unless you've changed the default settings.

Thanks,it works. Just cleared camp full of powder gangers,also killed two guys who had names so i won't be doing any quest involved with them,ups. Then i found quarry workers camp,and they told me about this evil deathclaws,you need to be really strong to deal with them,so i todl him "Dude i just cleared freaking camp of powder gang, don't worry i can handle them :)"

So i fought with young deathclaw and i spent 2 dynamites,30 slugs for shotgun and few with revolers just to kill it :|

Campers say i need to get their mother and alpha male..lolz!

I'm being surprisingly amazed by Snapshot. At some point I spent 14 whole minutes on the same level trying to figure out how to reach an out-of-obvious-reach platform and didn't realize until the game told me. It's so consistently "just hard enough" to be challenging without looking straight out impossible - "I'm so clever" moments promptly ensue.

The painterly look is gorgeous (in a way that doesn't really stand out in screenshots) and the music is beautiful, but both have a touch of understated beauty that makes the game a cohesive experience. It works so well, that I'm liking it more than Braid.

The only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the complete lack of checkpointing, leads to more repetition than seems fair e.g. when the carnivore plant platform you need to position while jumping, instead fails to snap-in and falls on your head instakilling you because the game is being finicky. Luckily so far (I've just unlocked World 2), the levels are compact enough that this is not a big annoyance and it more than makes up for it with plenty of polish and cleverness.

And, I'd be hard pressed to name a game that made me like elephants as much as this one.
    Last edited by alms; 19-02-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I left Brotherhood completely obsessed with Assassin's Creed, I left Revelations realising that the developers are not traveling on the same development path as I dreamed they might.

All the actual strategic choices are single player and group around a percentage chance of success and baby sitting the events every 15 minutes "or the templars will win!!!". And secondarily be completely optional. I mean, I like the core assassination gameplay, but that peaked hard in brotherhood (not played 3 yet).

From what you have said i guess I'll give up waiting for the complete dlc pack to get cheap and just buy ass3 for £10 like it will soon be judging from pricing trends.
    Well, I liked 3, but it does continue down the same path. There are a few new elements (such as naval combat, which was fun, and crafting, which was atrocious), but nothing feels as fresh as what they did with 2 and Bro. The story is... well, it's Assassin's Creed, but it has some pretty nice elements. They did bring back some of the moral gray areas of the first game, which is a big plus. It's probably the buggiest AC game I've played, though (not hideously so, but it's definitely annoying).

I got the deluxe edition (I think so at least, the one with everything) from Nuuvem for about £15 I think, so it can be bought cheapish already if you keep your eyes peeled. The other DLC is supposedly crap though (I haven't tried it).

I forgot to mention the language weirdness between 3 and Washington. In 3, all the native Americans speak some native language (badly, from the sound of it, but what do I know?). In the DLC they speak English even amongst each other. That's the kind of inconsistency that can seriously break my immersion. I would probably have preferred it if they spoke English in the main game as well, though. When they speak native, it takes them forever to say anything and there seems to be some rampant accents.

I saw alms/weirdfish was playing Eversion, which I had totally forgotten about, so I decided to play it and it was quite entertaining for the 3 h. it lasts (with 100% completion). The level design is great and not repetitive at all, probably because of the shortness, overall a pretty cool game even if it's literally a bit too rough around the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    (with 100% completion).
    Look closer!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

What do you mean?!

Edit: Okay, apparently there's more hidden stuff than I thought. Ignore my comment about it lasting 3 h. It's probably a little more. God this game is cool.
    Last edited by SirDavies; 19-02-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    And, I'd be hard pressed to name a game that made me like elephants as much as this one.
    Rome: Total War taught me that elephants are organic tanks/bulldozers.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Just started first play through of New Vegas, with a generous helping of mods to make it more of a survival sim. Feel like I will be playing it for the rest of my life. It's enormous. 16 hours in and only done about three quests. Really enjoying it though, and it feels like it hasn't even started. So far it's been like a deer hunting simulator with conversations and small scale gang warfare.
    Last edited by sonson; 19-02-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Rome: Total War taught me that elephants are organic tanks/bulldozers.
    Does that mean that the Nazis could have been stopped much sooner, had the Allies deployed burning pigs? Maybe that's why Sweden was never invaded. We love ourselves some pork BBQ.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Just started first play through of New Vegas, with a generous helping of mods to make it more of a survival sim. Feel like I will be playing it for the rest of my life. It's enormous. 16 hours in and only done about three quests. Really enjoying it though, and it feels like it hasn't even started. So far it's been like a deer hunting simulator with conversations and small scale gang warfare.
    Stare into the eyes of your undoing

Fallout_New_Vegas_Cazador_2.jpg

...and then you realize that cazadors are based on real animals that are known to kill their prey in the most gruesome way possible.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.