Page 665 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 165565615655663664665666667675715765 ... LastLast
Results 13,281 to 13,300 of 23279
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Thanks for the UO tip, I'm going to try that out (if my attention span holds up)! I missed UO the first time around and when I eventually got a free trial I wasn't able to make it work on my machine.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Not played UO in years, such fond memories :) It's a shame that MMO's decided to follow the EQ evolution path rather than UO's nice skill system ("Levels" always felt fake to me... You mean I'm now MUCH stronger than I was 5 seconds ago?)

Every time I try to go back to UO though I tend to bounce back off it, so I've consigned it to fond nostalgia :)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Does the rps one actually have an ending?
    I can only get as far as summoning Kieron.
    heh, that's further than I've got. Someone should write a walkthrough!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Deleted Tomb Raider,what is to much is to much. Linear as hell,half of the time game plays by its-self,QTE all the time,cutscenes all the time..Trying so hard to be serious game,you are vulnerable in QTE/Cutscenes then in gameplay you shoot 15 guys in 10 minutes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Attempting to find a means to get a copy of Bad Mojo or Bad Mojo Redux (yes, I am in a perverse mood). Any leads?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Attempting to find a means to get a copy of Bad Mojo or Bad Mojo Redux (yes, I am in a perverse mood). Any leads?
    http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Mojo-Redux-Pc/dp/B0006AAOJQ - 40 bucks. :/

Found one or two shady places out on the seven seas but I wouldn't recommend them.

If you do get from an official source - http://snarfed.org/bad_mojo_redux_fr..._entertainment - this is relevant.

Oh shit, I got a Monarch moving into my fortress for the first time! But every time I dug up a bigass room and sized it into the largest possible size, it's still just "Opulent" rather than "Royal". Other than that, my fortress is now a capital of the mountainhomes and even if she is a hundred year old queen, she know how to use hammers and is drafted into the military.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Found one or two shady places out on the seven seas but I wouldn't recommend them.
    Got an ISO. I'm not spending money when none of it's going towards the original creators.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Minecraft with about 65 mods. After starting I've went around a bit looking for a nice place to live. Found a hill overlooking the ocean and settled there.

Then it turns out in the forest that I live in there are no rubber trees to get some rubber to make cables. Spent two in game days and nights traversing a jungle and a desert and found two rubber trees in another forest. Got two saplings to grow my own and started running back, fighting monsters on the way. Almost died a few times but I made it back.

Now I can start figuring out how I'll go about building my industrial center.

Just bought Vampire Bloodlines in fantastic condition for dirt cheap, can't wait to play it! Anyone got any pointers? I'm not a fan of the vampire theme by any stretch but from the games I like, I hear i'll love this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Just bought Vampire Bloodlines in fantastic condition for dirt cheap, can't wait to play it! Anyone got any pointers? I'm not a fan of the vampire theme by any stretch but from the games I like, I hear i'll love this.
    1. Don't play as a Malkavian on your first playthrough.
    2. Invest in at least one combat skill, I'd say Firearms is best, you'll need it later in game.
    3. Try sneaking around instead of fighting.
    4. Install the latest community patch, be sure to only install fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I suggest meele character,very fun indeed. On top of that invest in stealth! So you're gonna play with katana and sneak around,drinking blood from other people,like some fucknig ninja.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    1. Don't play as a Malkavian on your first playthrough.
    2. Invest in at least one combat skill, I'd say Firearms is best, you'll need it later in game.
    3. Try sneaking around instead of fighting.
    4. Install the latest community patch, be sure to only install fixes.
    1. I played as a Malkavian on my first playthrough, and it was awesome.
    2. Guns are fun, but hardly necessary (except maybe for teleporting guy, but I don't think I ever used them).
    3. Fair enough.
    4. Yes.

Obscure Node
    Any word on Sang-Froid Werewolvesomething? Looks like a nice little first person TD according to the Youtube vids

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    1. I played as a Malkavian on my first playthrough, and it was awesome.
    You can play as Malkavian on your first go, but you're going to be missing the point of a LOT of self-referencing dialogues, without you even noticing most of the time that there's a reference in there. Plus you could easily spoil yourself certain details about the story.
    Do play as Malkavian, as it is fantastic, but keep it for the second go.

Also, do NOT play your first as Nosferatu, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    You can play as Malkavian on your first go, but you're going to be missing the point of a LOT of self-referencing dialogues, without you even noticing most of the time that there's a reference in there. Plus you could easily spoil yourself certain details about the story.
    Do play as Malkavian, as it is fantastic, but keep it for the second go.

Also, do NOT play your first as Nosferatu, either.
    Oh god, I remember playing Nosferatu on my first play through years ago. Interesting but so damn frustrating at times :o

First timers are best sticking with the Brujah (Especially if you're going Melee, which helps through a large chunk of the game) or Ventrue (Charm the pants off people, then bite!)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Finished Mass Effect 3 with the Extended Cut. It is an improvement, but the fucking kid with the soulless eyes is still in it.

Now onto Baldur's Gate - EE. Still have to loot every house in Baldur's Gate, fun times.

Finished Deponia, had plenty of laughs and it's a joy for the eye, with an interesting and well-written, if not groundbreaking, story and setting. The songs are a standout, although the in-game music isn't as good (and I was really getting tired of that theme). That said, the game is held back by the well-known translation issues; and the bigger, more complex puzzles are a bit obscure, the general direction is clear, but the exact details and reasons are often a bit too vague for my liking (the translation might be partly responsible for that). The weird thing about it, is the game is remarkably decent, even good, for the most part, but every now and then gets terribly fuzzy, like the translator(s?) suddenly lost themselves in a maze of words.

IMO John has been too harsh about the main character and the depiction of women. Granted, Rufus is a dick and occasionally he's annoying, i.e. whenever the humor doesn't quite work (but you'll never know if it didn't work in the first place or it got lost, well, you can guess where). OTOH pretty much everyone in this game is a dick to an extent, with the exception of 4 characters tops - the game permanently makes fun of Rufus, although less evidently so in early stages, it's fair to say most of the humor revolves around Rufus' arrogance and egotism.

TL;DR thumbs up but keep a walkthrough handy, I hope they do a Director's Cut at some point.

Swords & Soldiers... the humor and presentation aren't doing a lot for me, patiently waiting for the gameplay to add back bit by bit what was stripped down, and finally kick into gear.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Swords & Soldiers... the humor and presentation aren't doing a lot for me, patiently waiting for the gameplay to add back bit by bit what was stripped down, and finally kick into gear.
    TBH, I don't think it ever quite gets there. I even got the DLC and it felt like the game was unable to become strategic or tactical. I know multiplayer was meant to be the end game but that failed to feel much better.

Charming character work though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Swords & Soldiers is a rather poor representation of the "Tug of War" mods that are rather popular in Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. Not that any of them are all that balanced, but none come to mind as clearly overpowered like the Chinese faction in S&S.