Page 666 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 1665666166566646656666676686767167661166 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,320 of 23623
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    13 hours spent in Risen and i feel like its enough,everything feels like i already done that years ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    So Anor Londo is bullshit of the highest order. I'm surprised I haven't seen another Indiana Jones boulder; they've certainly unleashed the rest of their arsenal of ways to fuck me over.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Why?

What class, SL and equipment are you using? Boss fight is solid, though.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    My bet is the near constant invasions (if you are dumb enough to not be hollowed any time before the boss run :p) and/or the dragonbow knights.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    So Anor Londo is bullshit of the highest order. I'm surprised I haven't seen another Indiana Jones boulder; they've certainly unleashed the rest of their arsenal of ways to fuck me over.
    Giant. Fucking. Sentinels. The archers ain't got shit on them and to make things worse, it's just you, your humanity and four of them in a straight path to get to O&S. Worse if you're trying to summon Solaire which they'll probably cut him down to half of his health. Oh, you'll probably get invaded along the way.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Meh, those guys aren't bad as long as you take out the Silver Knight archer overlooking them.

Then you have two ways to drop them easy:
    Snipe them in the head with your bow. Will take a lot of arrows, but they go down easy and you can just spam.
    Engage one at a time. Trick is to run between their legs when they do a shield slam, two-hand your weapon, and just wail on them until they stand up. You should have time to recharge your stamina before they are ready to attack again.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

But the thing is, unless you killed O&S, having to fight those bastards over and over again just to get to O&S can get really tedious. Even if you take the 'shortcut' through the giant smithy, there's Demons with their electro-spears. Heck, both of those two guarding in front of the building will almost always get aggroed and start swinging unless you outrun them.
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Sentinels. The archers ain't got shit on them and to make things worse, it's just you, your humanity and four of them in a straight path to get to O&S. Worse if you're trying to summon Solaire which they'll probably cut him down to half of his health. Oh, you'll probably get invaded along the way.
    It's those goddamn sentinels with the healing miracle. The two on the stairs are fine because I can just run past them, but the other two are the most infuriating motherfuckers on the planet.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Yeah, I was very happy to finally have beaten O+S so I could leave that horrible place. Thankfully my fastrolling ninja could shuck & jive past those bastards 92% of the time.

Right this second I'm playing Brogue.

brogue.jpg

Hell yes.
    Last edited by squareking; 08-03-2013 at 05:15 AM.
    steam

Have finished Brotherhood, now just needing to get the rifts then can carry on to Revelations.

Anything I need to know before this?

Enzio has a beard and you're in Ottoman Istanbul/Constatinoppopola now.
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Enzio has a beard and you're in Ottoman Istanbul/Constatinoppopola now.
    Additionally... Nope, that's pretty much it, get ready to lose all your equipment again.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    What? No love for the bombs and tower defence bits? Good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    What? No love for the bombs and tower defence bits? Good.
    Tower defence bit played once because I am 10 ninjas and I bribe and then pickpocket heralds in the worst bribe ever. I'm sure it was fine.
    Bombs were okay, but outside of smoke bombs for escapes and distraction bombs for scripted bits I barely used them.

I didn't even bother rebuying the crossbow due to my affection for poison darts.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Have finished Brotherhood, now just needing to get the rifts then can carry on to Revelations.

Anything I need to know before this?
    Don't be put off by the tower defense mini game, since you only have to go through it once. After that it's easily avoidable (as mentioned By Heliocentric).

It's also advisable to take a break between brotherhood and revelations. It's basically the same game and you can get exhausted very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    It's those goddamn sentinels with the healing miracle. The two on the stairs are fine because I can just run past them, but the other two are the most infuriating motherfuckers on the planet.
    Pull one up the stairs, when its half way up the first flight do a two-handed plunging attack.
    666 pages of grim gaming

I've been in recovery from my Terraria binge, only playing it for short stretches in between other games, but the realization finally came that I'm basically out of non-hardmode content. It would seem hardmode is really hard, what with the corruption spreading etc, I might back up the world before triggering the switch... then again I've played almost 40 hours of it, so I might just consider myself done with it if hardmode is too bitter a pill to swallow.

@Helio & sabrage, hmmmm might retire S&S, I'm at the beginning of the Aztec campaign and not liking it much anyway.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Corruption spreads but it's manageable. The Hallow (a new zone which is basically anti corruption) also spreads around.

Hard mode is pretty hard though. Watch out for the bomb clown on the big wheel, cause he's a right jerk. Absolutely back up your games before triggering it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Hard mode is pretty hard though. Watch out for the bomb clown on the big wheel, cause he's a right jerk. Absolutely back up your games before triggering it.
    Oh he's a right bastard isn't he. He blew up my garden once. Do you know if there are materials he doesn't destroy, so I can erect a barrier to protect my ship?

I'm playing the gamebook Stormslayer by Jonathan Green. This is a good one, and the story is reminiscent of Bioware RPGs, in that you go to four main regions to gather allies, and sometimes meet sidequests on the journeys between them. In proper gamebook fashion, though, you can mess up gathering the allies in delightfully disastrous ways.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Network Hub
    Just finished the singleplayer campaign of Joint Task Force. I can't believe i still enjoy this game after first playing it in 2006.
    i know the game is cliche but the RTS feel of the game is still ok.