Page 674 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 1745746246646726736746756766847247741174 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,480 of 24749
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'm playing Heart of the Swarm (sp)

I am enjoying it.
    steam: sketch

Network Hub
    Well D.E.I.M.O.S. Decided to CTD everytime i entered a particular area, so i wrote it off and decided to complete the main quest line, something i’ve been putting off for a couple of years now!

I Went with No Gods No Masters in the end, and in true Fallout: New Vegas Style It was a buggy, crash ridden mess right until the end credits.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Have you seen Wasteland Defense, where you set up a fort against raiders? Or Real Time Settler, where you establish a settlement, put followers to work, defend and trade and make alliances? World of Pain effectively doubles the play area and adds hundreds of NPC’s and new locations which fit seamlessly for the most part both in terms of lore and balance. Not on the same level of weight but in terms of quality there’s also Niner, a companion with his own quest, dialogue (in a Yorkshire accent, which certainly feels different in the Mojave) and perks and traits. He feels as official and essential as someone like Shale from Dragon Age even though he’s only a fan mod.
    Real time settler and Wasteland Defence look like great mods to be included AFTER the plot line has been finished. I there any sort of extended ending mod kicking around?

Niner looks interesting, how does he compare to the other big companion Mod, Willow? I had her along in the later part of my game and i thought she was really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by snson View Post
    One question-did you start a new character for Bounties, or just load an old save?
    I loaded them into my current game. But once someguy has finished his mods and linked them into one massive piece of super content i might start up a new character and go through those, maybe with the J.E. Sawyer mod.

Btw does anyone know how J.E. Sawyer and Project Nevada work together?
    Last edited by TomxJ; 14-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Skyrim with mods (lots of mods). I've been running the gamut with various mods in terms of overall improvement both in terms of visual fidelity (better textures & lighting) general improvements (better UI, better animations, improved maps, more control over companions) and better looking characters (Skyrim was a step up from the potato face maker known as Oblivion, but not by much) with improved faces, bodies & hair. Sadly my rather aged 460 GTX seems to struggle with any ENB mods which is a tad annoying (and makes me really hanker for a 600 series GPU), but otherwise I'm quite enjoying the tinkering, though it has necessitated the odd reinstall/restart of the game.

Things I've learnt: -

1) Always use the nexus mod manager rather than Steam workshop. You've a lot more control and it makes life easier if things go tits up and you need to reinstall/uninstall a mod.

2) Always save a vanilla copy of your skyrim folder. If you need to nuke the site from orbit, then it's worthwhile having it so you can delete the old and then replace.

3) Note down the order you install things in (especially texture packs), useful so you can determine where issues may lie (I had hours of fun figuring out how I managed to break my ingame textures at one point).

4) Tools like BOSS and TESVEdit are benefitial if you're running into mod conflicts to help you determine what the problem is and being able to fix it.

5) Having more than one companion (aka loot mule) on the go is great, esp when you're on extended excursions. Though don't give them all bows otherwise you'll never get to fight because they will boggart every opponent.

6) For some people (generally the Japanese it seems) there's no such thing as too big, or too dark.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I'm playing Heart of the Swarm (sp)

I am enjoying it.
    I've also started the single player. Sadly for me, zerg are my least favourite race. It's still enjoyable though.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Well D.E.I.M.O.S. Decided to CTD everytime i entered a particular area, so i wrote it off and decided to complete the main quest line, something i’ve been putting off for a couple of years now!

I Went with No Gods No Masters in the end, and in true Fallout: New Vegas Style It was a buggy, crash ridden mess right until the end credits.

Real time settler and Wasteland Defence look like great mods to be included AFTER the plot line has been finished. I there any sort of extended ending mod kicking around?

Niner looks interesting, how does he compare to the other big companion Mod, Willow? I had her along in the later part of my game and i thought she was really well done.

I loaded them into my current game. But once someguy has finished his mods and linked them into one massive piece of super content i might start up a new character and go through those, maybe with the J.E. Sawyer mod.

Niner is just like the other NPC’s you can ally with. He has a few quests and is fully involved until you get to Vegas. After that he still interacts with you as per other companions once their quest is done, but you won’t get anything new. And I think that’s fine to be honest. It works flawlessly though and probably is a better example of what the companion system can achieve than is included in the game. He passes comment on stuff and sings while you’re travelling as well, and also gets drunk and takes chems and stuff leaving you vulnerable at points, so in that sense is a far more real and fleshed out companion than anyone else. He has a personality which exist outside of you asking him stuff, so feels far more relational than the vanilla options in my opinion. Only thing I’d say is that he’s pretty overpowered with his machine gun if that matters. He’d be pretty pointless taking in non violent playthrough for example. He provides the narrative solution for taking a meandering route to Vegas though, which I think is really necessary. Always feels a bit odd stopping off in a radioactive cave or Vault to have a poke around when someone who shot you in the face is on the loose. But add in Niner’s story and travelling together and randomly works very well.

Willow looks excellent from what I’ve seen but to be honest I find her a bit of a lore breaker and also she makes me panic whenever I think the permuations of her wandering around the wasteland if I’m honest. She’s kooky, trusting, vulnerable but has somehow managed to make it this far in a violent, lawless, male dominated world without something atrocious happening to her. Willow seems like a very well acted and fleshed out character, probably better polished than any vanilla NPC too like Niner, just not one who fits in the Mojave. If you met her in Vegas as a sheltered and reckless gambler who wanted to see the world, there would be no issue I don’t think, but I can’t buy her being so innocent and intact trekking the Mojave for any length of time.
    It makes sense with characters like Sunny Smiles, Cass and Veronica as they have an element of street/wasteland sense to them, and also an element of social protection too-BOS for Veronica, caravans for Cass, generally being out of the way of trouble for Sunny.

I also added the DFB Random encounters mod yesterday as I feel travelling the Mojave should feel dangerous for at least a third of the journeys you make. As long as you have the Mod Configuration manager you can choose how often enemies spawn, how many, where etc, even set up occasional encounters between two parties duking it out, and then the mod randomly spawns them for you in set areas. There’s the option to have everyone spawn randomly like Nightkin, Enclave and BOS, but you can also turn them off. I’ve kept things lore friendly by just permitting fiends, raiders and that sort of thing. Types you would expect to just try and kill you while travelling.

I’m also thinking in the future of trying this mod which makes everything a real survival simulator. Project Nevada and Sawyer just make things feel slightly more involved, plenty enough for you to really get involved in the meat of the game which is the infighting and social stuff, but this amps them up to a really huge degree and turns things into a dessert survival simulator. So if you break your leg and use a doctors bag, you still have a splint modifier for 12 hours. You can’t use Vats if someone shoots your hand, you get knocked over if you get shot, you have to drink as many litres in a day as is true to life, resources are more scarce, every bullet should be wisely invested, that sort of thing I wouldn’t want to play anything approaching a full game with this on but doing some exploring and a few quests would I think be a good, and very different experience.

Can't see there being an issue with the Sawyer and PN mods working together but unless I've missed something they're essentially the same, with PN allowing you to make things quite a bit more extreme.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've also started the single player. Sadly for me, zerg are my least favourite race. It's still enjoyable though.
    I didn't like them as much going into it but I've started to like them more and more. Having Kerrigan at all times is nice, and the mission designs are cool too. I doubt I'll dabble with any mp though.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Hair Render, not sure if it's good yet, but hair - good, no doubt.

Last edited by coldvvvave; 14-03-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    And that's Brutal Legend done.

The final part of the game is without a doubt rushed like there's no tomorrow, and the ending left way too many things unanswered or unexplained.
    But even with that, it was still quite the experience. The setting and OST alone make it worthwhile.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Quite well, actually. As far as I know there are no significant bugs when using both. Just be aware that whichever mod you load last in your mod order will win out whenever their changes conflict.

I'm replaying Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, this time as a Gangrel. I've decided to go for an evil playthrough, being aggressive to everyone and trying to kill as many named characters as possible. So far it's suprising just how many unique dialogue options there are for characters with low humanity. They put a lot of effort into an aspect of the game few players will ever see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    this [...] turns things into a dessert survival simulator.
    That sounds delicious. Is that the reason why everyone seems to be playing F:NV again?

I'm playing Bit.Trip presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rythm Alien. That's its name. All of the bold stuff.

And, having loved, but absolutely failed at Bit.Trip Runner, this new iteration is much more acessible, and also better in every way.

Now that there are checkpoints, which only ever influence your leaderboard position and nothing else, I'm getting a positive Super Meat Boy vibe from it. There are endless jokes, bonus levels, and additional characters and costumes spread around the game and its levels, and they are tough, but possible, not like the first game.

I guess the tl,dr is that I'm ragequitting less and less, that says it all. If steam tracked ragequits (a sudden death quickly succeeded by alt-F4) I would have gotten at least some achievement in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I'm playing Bit.Trip presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rythm Alien. That's its name. All of the bold stuff.
    It could be worse. Like The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog: Escape from Necron 7 - The Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa's worse.

Oh, ok. But THEY aren't going to announce that full name everytime you boot up the game, are they? Well, in Runner2 (my suggestion for the short version, official approvement pending) the admittedly funny announcer first announces his name, then the full game title, unskippably (my new favurite word), every time.

But, Y'know, I like the game so much, I'm calling it satire and moving on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I played the first mission of Heart of the Swarm. The writing is already kicking my jimmies into overdrive.
    Then I noticed the achievements are disabled.
    I really like achievements in Blizzard games. They have cool icons, unlock cute stuff and I like watching numbers go up. So I had to stop playing.

Back to Tropico 4! It's hilarious and I love the Cold War theme.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Stuff about Bit.Trip presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rythm Alien.
    Dammit. I played and enjoyed/hated the first one. I can see me getting this.