Page 691 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 1915916416816896906916926937017417911191 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,820 of 24139
    I was thinking of Astora's Straight Sword...(will ask my questions in the proper subject now ^^ )
    Last edited by Drayk; 28-03-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I was thinking of Astora's Straight Sword...(will ask my questions in the proper subject now ^^ )
    You'll get over the ASS as well. Raw damage-wise, it isn't really that good but for a faith build, it's good. It's also a miracle weapon that you can get early on without having to go to Andre for upgrades, so if you want to go tp the Catacombs and need a miracle weapon to properly 'kill' the necromancer-controlled skellingtons, get it.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I'm dipping my toes in XCOM again. This time I'm going for a Ironman classic game, but unless I get my satellite uplink network set up before the next council meeting I think things will get rough, as china and russia are on the verge of leaving the project.
    Last edited by Tikey; 28-03-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Battlefield 2: Forgotten Hope 2, its a little gem in the dark, although the gameplay is woefully different from BF2. Currently preparing some code examples for a tournament mapping team.

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Finally latched into the jugular of XCOM and I'm gulping down the warm bitter gaming icor of strategy. Yes, sniper rifles can essentially shoot forever, beautiful, I'm sick of strategy games making snipers shoot 20' (feet) in the name of balance.

UK and Russia have left the XCOM project.. Aww
    The most OP snipers in any RTS were the priests in Age of Empires. Take down a whole army before you got within touching distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft6mQSfo7F8
    Last edited by sonson; 28-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Replaying Thief 2 for the [insert large number] time. It's still just as fun. Reloading Age of Wonders 2 in anticipation of AoW 3. Would also like to play an old school RPG that I've not tried before, any suggestions? (I've played all of the Infinity engine games). I have Realms of Arkania, Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Temple of Elemental Evil on a short list but am open to suggestions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_wins View Post
    Replaying Thief 2 for the [insert large number] time. It's still just as fun. Reloading Age of Wonders 2 in anticipation of AoW 3. Would also like to play an old school RPG that I've not tried before, any suggestions? (I've played all of the Infinity engine games). I have Realms of Arkania, Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Temple of Elemental Evil on a short list but am open to suggestions.
    None the Wizardy games, they are all shit

(Candyman Candyman Candyman)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Neverwinter Nights 2.

It has something I like to call a meatyness that is missing from many rpgs nowadays. The game is long, vast, with oodles of depth and still looks pretty to this day. Give in and play with a full heart and joy of mind. It will reward you faithfully.

There's a new Realms of Arkania remake in the works that's supposed to come out "second quarter of 2013". Information and screenshots are scarce. From the publisher that brought us Airport-, Ambulance-, Bungee-, Blaster-, Heavy Transport-, Mining & Tunneling-, Rail Cargo-, Roadworks-, Skyscraper-, Snowcat- (which, sadly, is not about playing as a Siberian tiger), Tank-, Towing- and Woodcutter simulator.
    Last edited by Anthile; 28-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

I'm starting to get this feeling that BG&E has this split personality, flipping between being somewhat dark and depressing to cartoon hilarity and back again. At one point, I'm having fun racing around or laughing at Francis after kicking his ass in pallet for his pearl and then, in the factory I saw a dead cow which apparently got horribly mutilated after a reaper had fed on it. Huh.
    Art blog here.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That split personality of BG&E isn't uncommon. I love the game and I feel it to at times. You asked earlier what was BG&E supposed to be; see below.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    http://lecade.wordpress.com/2012/09/...fore-the-game/

And the original script: http://beyondgoodandevil.wikia.com/w...26_Evil_script

Its not to far of what the game became and I prefer the Jade that was given to us but i'm curious if exploring aspect would have been a bigger part of the game. The game often felt like things had been cut out and/or removed.

That split personality of BG&E isn't uncommon. I love the game and I feel it to at times. You asked earlier what was BG&E supposed to be; see below.
    I read them all except most of the original script (goddamn spoilers). It's a bummer Ancel decides to cut some of the exploration part rather than compromise the story for the sake of it. I like how he portrays Jade, however. She's pretty fleshed out than just another stereotype
    Art blog here.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, I spent most of the game capturing every photographable animal in the game. Was my favourite part and exploring off the beaten track as much as the game would allow. I spent a good 5-10 minutes capturing the whale that surfaces every so often not too far from the lighthouse. :)

One of the early Alpha Section areas you go into has the hardest animal in the game to capture (It releases bubbles from behind some crates) so keep an eye out for that. Also, all the various biped races count as well.

The music in the game is also lovely. I really hope the intended sequel comes to fruition.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    Which isn't really that hard provided you had decent speech and charisma. And besides the character wasn't that obnoxious.
    I've never had a playthrough where I got along with Lynette. My good characters hate her because she's an obvious bigot and my bad characters hate her because she's always bossing them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    Now... Myron? That one was a real annoying asshole.
    My first time through the game I flat-out killed Myron, but that isn't nearly cruel enough for that creep. The second time I let him join my party and had him create the Jet Antidote. Afterwards I went to a random spot in the desert, crippled his legs and left him there while driving off into the sunset.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm the bad guy.

Neverwinter Nights 2.

It has something I like to call a meatyness that is missing from many rpgs nowadays. The game is long, vast, with oodles of depth and still looks pretty to this day. Give in and play with a full heart and joy of mind. It will reward you faithfully.
    The downside to that meatiness is that NwN 2 has a lot of padding. Act 1 in particular is about twice as long as it needs to be. Once it gets going however, the game becomes really good. Not to mention it had two fantastic expansions.

It's such a great game, although I have to admit I like the visual aesthetic of the environments showed in that alpha(lol) video much more than the ones in the final product. It was great, but it had potential for so much more. If there's one game I'm looking forward to that's Beyond Good & Evil 2. Thanks for that article, khaz.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    regarding ammo, because I've seen people refer to a lack of it a few times: you can get ammo for what ever weapons you're carrying by executing enemies. The Executions get pretty brutal as the game goes on, which can be distressing, but the choice is there.

If you do use executions for ammo, you shouldn't run into any issues with a lack of it.
    Often it wasn't practical to charge out of cover and execute people while under fire, as sometimes seem to be needed in the longer firefights. Other times it wasn't possible to reach the people you were firing bullets at.
    And conceptually I hate the idea that ammo magically disappears if I don't kick a downed guy in the throat. Not sure if it's better or sillier than ammo magically fading away over time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I didn't mind the scarcity of ammo (executions aside). I thought it made the game that bit more challenging. I would've preferred to have to have scavenged weapons from corpses rather than ever having to come across random ammo caches that were placed there for no other reason than being a game.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dear Dishonoured, please stop it with the scripted guard-spawning. If you really must do that, please don't spawn them directly in my line of sight. If you really really must do that, please don't spawn them where they can instantly bloody well see me.

Also, three-digit safes are too easy to brute-force.
    Last edited by NathanH; 28-03-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_wins View Post
    Would also like to play an old school RPG that I've not tried before, any suggestions? (I've played all of the Infinity engine games). I have Realms of Arkania, Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Temple of Elemental Evil on a short list but am open to suggestions.
    Have you played Betrayal at Krondor? It's very awesome! It's all fixed protagonists and story beats, but with countless rabbit trails and lots of freedom in the exploration, combat, training (sort of), inventory management. I loved the music and the general atmosphere of the game, too.

As a bonus, it comes with Betrayal in Antara, which is ehhhhh (but still has decent fights).
    Last edited by Berzee; 28-03-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Also, three-digit safes are too easy to brute-force.
    Whaaaat ... but that'd still take you at least half an hour or something, no?