Page 692 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 13,821 to 13,840 of 22694
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_wins View Post
    Would also like to play an old school RPG that I've not tried before, any suggestions? (I've played all of the Infinity engine games). I have Realms of Arkania, Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Temple of Elemental Evil on a short list but am open to suggestions.
    Have you played Betrayal at Krondor? It's very awesome! It's all fixed protagonists and story beats, but with countless rabbit trails and lots of freedom in the exploration, combat, training (sort of), inventory management. I loved the music and the general atmosphere of the game, too.

As a bonus, it comes with Betrayal in Antara, which is ehhhhh (but still has decent fights).
    Last edited by Berzee; 28-03-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Also, three-digit safes are too easy to brute-force.
    Whaaaat ... but that'd still take you at least half an hour or something, no?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Have you played Betrayal at Krondor? It's very awesome! It's all fixed protagonists and story beats, but with countless rabbit trails and lots of freedom in the exploration, combat, training (sort of), inventory management. I loved the music and the general atmosphere of the game, too.
    And the riddle chests.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 29-03-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Whaaaat ... but that'd still take you at least half an hour or something, no?
    It takes about 5 minutes. If they were set on 3-digit codes, they should have put in a 10-second delay for opening the safes, in which changing the code stopped it from opening. That would have made it infeasible.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Funny enough, as I've been out and about during the non-work hours, I haven't gamed at all this week. I've been on RPS a lot at work, so... RPS is now my game.

I think I played a bit of Mob Rule last weekend. Now I'm staring at the list of games in my new-found free time and wondering what to pick.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    It takes about 5 minutes. If they were set on 3-digit codes, they should have put in a 10-second delay for opening the safes, in which changing the code stopped it from opening. That would have made it infeasible.
    Aren't all the codes for the safes written down like ten feet away? Well, except for the one where you have to torture the code out of someone, but otherwise they're all pretty in-your-face.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Honestly, if you are gonna brute force it you might as well just look the passcode up online
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Playing XCOM on Impossible Ironman is an excellent way to tell you how much of a moron you are even after beating the game on Classic Ironman.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Finally finished KOTOR 1! I dont know if I should immediately play KOTOR 2 or tackle other rpg.

Currently playing:

RPG: KOTOR 1 -finished
    Strategy: Shogun 2
    Sports: 2k13
    Point and click: Edna and Harvey new eyes
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I bought myself that new Bioshock that the internet is going mad about. I've a 3 day weekend coming up and nothing to do. So between that and Planetside 2's double xp/sc weekend I'll be mostly sitting in a pair of shorts, with boxes of ceral and empty cartons of milk littering the floor around me, while I shut out the sunlight and bask in the warm glow of my monitors.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I bought myself that new Bioshock that the internet is going mad about. I've a 3 day weekend coming up and nothing to do. So between that and Planetside 2's double xp/sc weekend I'll be mostly sitting in a pair of shorts, with boxes of ceral and empty cartons of milk littering the floor around me, while I shut out the sunlight and bask in the warm glow of my monitors.
    As a proud father of twins of 2,5 y/o with the mom working on saturday I must said, from the bottom of my Heart:

I Hate you !
    Last edited by Drayk; 29-03-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Aren't all the codes for the safes written down like ten feet away? Well, except for the one where you have to torture the code out of someone, but otherwise they're all pretty in-your-face.
    That was the one I had to brute force, because appartently I had to actually try to open the safe (even though it was obviously locked so why would I click on it?) to get the option to demand the guy told me what the safe combination was. Obviously I couldn't be arsed going all the way back to the brothel to do that.

What made me dislike the choice most was that there were two thugs standing outside the locked door indefinitely even though they could open the door in a few minutes. Silly.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Finally finished KOTOR 1! I dont know if I should immediately play KOTOR 2 or tackle other rpg.
    I'd give KoToR 2 a shot if I were you. It's very much worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I'd give KoToR 2 a shot if I were you. It's very much worth it.
    Give KoToR 2 a shot, with the community patches installed.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    And the riddle chests.
    Love me some riddle chests! When I was little we'd all gather 'round the monitor to puzzle over the options, sometimes writing all the available letters in a grid on paper if it was particularly devious. And yet after all these years, the only one I can remember without looking them up is "Two legs I have, and this will confound: only at rest do they touch the ground..."
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Has anyone managed to finish Dungeon Siege 3 in singleplayer mode and on Hardcore difficulty? I've tried it with Lucas and made it to the forest before giving up on Palefang. My damage output just wasn't high enough to overcome his health regeneration.

I'll probably try again later as Katarina. Her ranged skills might work better on a difficulty where any enemy kills you in three hits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Mario and Luigi:SUPER STAR SAGA@ quite cute light rpg game for GBA,i'm playing it on ma phone via emulator.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finally got some (extra) satalites in the air. Waiting until I could dig down and maximise the adjacency was probably a mistake. As reported by others snipers get awesome OP, I'm torn between double tap and a flanking "in the zone" sniper(probably with that hip shooting trait) but double tap+teammate sight feels cruelly powerful at times.

It's a bloody fun game, lean too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Playing XCOM on Impossible Ironman is an excellent way to tell you how much of a moron you are even after beating the game on Classic Ironman.
    I lost the 'tutorial'/first scripted mission on Impossible/Ironman. That put me off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    So I just played Super Hexagon... I am not very good at it.
    Just FTR, am I the only one who starts having nausea after a while?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"