Page 694 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704744794 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,880 of 23338
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Fucking raging while playing stupid mario and PES,fuck fuck fuck aaa grgra gea2q21򋟓

I've decided to go for the hardest games in my library now.

Super Meat Boy is the most satisfying of them all. Also the only one that makes me shout at the screen.

I feel like I'm not getting Dark Souls's mechanics at all yet, but I've been advised not to look at a guide. My lack of progress indicates otherwise.

I'm playing Jelly No Puzzle at the moment. Probably the hardest puzzle game I've ever played. I've been stuck in level 8 for a while. I really recommend it though, if you're into those kinds of games. It's free too.
    Last edited by SirDavies; 31-03-2013 at 12:14 AM.

And that's Splinter Cell: Conviction. Certainly a lot different than the other games, but still good on it's own. I didn't have a problem with the story, except Lambert's fate. But hey, what can you do?

Next up: Hmmm.... Maybe Rainbow Six Vegas?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    Next up: Hmmm.... Maybe Rainbow Six Vegas?
    They are actually similar games to conviction in quite a few ways, I have only one recommendation if you wish to hold the Vegas games in the high esteem they deserve do not finish new Vegas 2. when you get dropped off at a refinery alone, simple shut down the game, its the worst ending hour ever.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    They are actually similar games to conviction in quite a few ways, I have only one recommendation if you wish to hold the Vegas games in the high esteem they deserve do not finish new Vegas 2. when you get dropped off at a refinery alone, simple shut down the game, its the worst ending hour ever.
    I'd agree with that. That mission sucks dick through a straw, if only because it's nearly impossible on Realistic because your are outflanked constantly. I mean, the entire premise is suspect seeing as it's a solo mission in a Rainbow Six game; it's like that level in Conviction where things become a manshooter in angry desert country.

Up until that point though the R6: Vegas games are a lot of fun, particularly in co-op.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Been playing Hitman:Absolutions "pre order bonus" (didn't pre order) Sniper challenge, aside from the fact that it runs jittery as hell (defragging its files now to see if that helps) its actually wonderfully good fun. Snipe someone into a pool, another gets barrels dropped on him. The attention to detail is great too... Maybe I should just not play Absolution so my illusion is never broken.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'm away from the desktop while I'm on vacation today so, I'll have to settle with playing some Monster Hunter on my shiny new PSP.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Network Hub
    I wanted to do play something, but I felt like something a bit faster paced than the Assassins Creed 2 playthrough that's occupying most of my gaming time. So I finally delved into Super Meat Boy, which I got a while ago in a humble bundle. It's tremendously fun so far; I managed to get through the first 20 levels, and am about to face the first boss.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    With the first ep of Walking Dead free on XBOX atm I gave that a run through today and - erm

I liked-it - mostly - but there were a few bits where the dialogue got nonsensical because things happened out-of-order, there's not really anything approaching a challenge in it and one of the puzzles was fucking stupid.

It was a pleasant way to spend 90 mins of Easter Sunday perhaps but I don't feel the urge to continue and I think the pricing is a bit bonkers given the content on offer!?!?

It has reminded me that I own about 20 adventure games I've not even looked-at tho - and that I should probably do so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I wanted to do play something, but I felt like something a bit faster paced than the Assassins Creed 2 playthrough that's occupying most of my gaming time. So I finally delved into Super Meat Boy, which I got a while ago in a humble bundle. It's tremendously fun so far; I managed to get through the first 20 levels, and am about to face the first boss.
    Wait until World 5 (or most of the Warp Zones). Or most of the Dark World levels.

Just you wait.

XCOM Classic Ironman

Most of my soldiers are in the infirmary so I had to tackle a very hard abduction site with only three soldiers instead of six.
    It was hard, we lost a quite promising squaddie but we managed to take down the ten aliens, thanks to a decent heavy and my uberawesome Support.
    Last edited by Tikey; 01-04-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    SO I tried for at least the third time to get into Guild Wars 2 but I just keep bouncing-off it.

The games starts-out as a "here is a shitload of things to do - get on with it" and rather than being impressed by this, I feel more like I've been given a laundry list. I'm spending more time reading "what to do" tips than playing the game.

I can't be bothered with it.

I'm really in danger of going back to WoW now - I like WoW...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Wait until World 5 (or most of the Warp Zones). Or most of the Dark World levels.

Just you wait.
    In all honesty, the first boss is already destroying me. Can't wait to find out what else is in store.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Ended up mostly focusing on Arx and Nier.

I am starting to think that on every single previous run of Arx Fatalis I somehow did a sequence-break (which would explain why I always ran out of steam due to a suddenly ramped up difficulty :p). I have no recollection of ever reaching the Meteor before, but I know that I usually run out of steam either fighting off the Ysildes (guys in red armor) or in the Crypts. Both of which occur AFTER the trip to the Meteor.

Its possible that I had a tendency to attack the guy in the tavern, but the crypts don't get unlocked until after the Meteor, so I have no idea what was going on there.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    XCOM Classic Ironman

Most of my soldiers are in the infirmary so I had to tackle a very hard abduction site with only three soldiers instead of six.
    It was hard, we lost a quite promising squaddie but we managed to take down the ten aliens, thanks to a decent heavy and my uberawesome Support.
    I think it would've been a suicide mission if it was up to me. Man, you're good.

I'm deciding whether to play New Vegas or BG&E today. Maybe New Vegas just coz the game let's me live out my crazy barbarian adventuring fantasies better than Skyrim
    Art blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I think it would've been a suicide mission if it was up to me. Man, you're good.

I'm deciding whether to play New Vegas or BG&E today. Maybe New Vegas just coz the game let's me live out my crazy barbarian adventuring fantasies better than Skyrim
    I'm also playing with some of the second wave options. Nor born equal it's actually pretty great for the player (unlike most stuff in the game). And I got quite lucky with some rolls, I guess to compensate for having all the aliens together in the same place (as in "ok, I'll move my heavy two tiles to the left... oh crap, three floaters!")

Of course my main strategy was getting behind some cars and waiting for the aliens to come to my overwatched soldiers.

Finished Bioshock infinite on Thursday and looked for something calmer to play for a while, so I picked warlock (bought it in december). Started a game and quickly got overwhelmed by opposing wizards, so I started a second game and this time the other wizards were nowhere to be seen, but there was an elemental big monster thing that kept killing my army whenever I got 10 tiles away from my city.

I fucking hate unbalanced randomized games....

Also continuing my adventure in Amalur After 25 hours the scenery finally changed from big forest to more open spaces with nice views. I plan to finish this game by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I'm also playing with some of the second wave options. Nor born equal it's actually pretty great for the player (unlike most stuff in the game). And I got quite lucky with some rolls, I guess to compensate for having all the aliens together in the same place (as in "ok, I'll move my heavy two tiles to the left... oh crap, three floaters!")Of course my main strategy was getting behind some cars and waiting for the aliens to come to my overwatched soldiers.
    Ah, the ol' baiting tactic. I used that a lot early game and you know, I never managed to apply it in games beyond XCOM.
    Art blog here.

Assassin's Creed:
    Padded

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Theme Hospital and Syndicate and Syndicate Wars and Mob Rule.

One of the things I've noticed, consequently, after the short-but-pretty playthroughs of Tomb Raider and the endless manshoots with waist-high walls or management games where it's near impossible to fail, that these old games actually have a modicum of challenge to them that doesn't appear to exist nowadays.

Simply put, they have failstates, and I actually see those failstates. Do you realize how long it's been since I've had to, say, restart a level? It's been a while.

Playing Mob Rule on hard without cheats is a three-way balancing act that - while cartoony and fun - doesn't baby me. And because the computer is playing by largely the same rules, I can destroy it through the various and creative ways it can destroy me, which actually rewards figuring things out.

This is in stark contrast to a number of modern games' bad habits of introducing a new tool, teaching you how to use it, and then forgetting it ever existed.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen