Page 709 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709710711719759809 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,180 of 24110
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I think the Beholders are worse, but at least they make it quick.
    Elder Orbs are a massive bitch, but regular Beholders can be taken down pretty quickly by the time you start running into them a lot. Illithids have asshole magic resistance, very powerful stun attack, very powerful domination ability, and can kill pretty much anything in 3 hits - hit which are guarenteed against a stunned target - or less seeing as most fighters will use intelligence as a dump stat. I'm not saying there aren't ways to beat them, it's just the ways are often a bit cheesy - like massive reliance on summons or casting cloud spells into rooms then closing the door or having a cleric prepare a fucktonne of appropriate spells beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Fighting illithids is such a no-brainer.
    Hiyoo!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Sleeping dogs completed, mostly excellent experience.
    - Melee combat and driving are very fun and the storyline/characters and acting are mostly good.
    - Shooting is iffy at best and the camera gets very wonky in places, it's also a very easy game.

Tried a little Cave Story+ and can see that it's good but I think platformers just aren't my thing anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    it's just the ways are often a bit cheesy
    I must admit... I use cheesy tactics a lot. My fire summon takes down beholders. I just send him offscreen and he takes them down with ease (although it takes few minutes)

What I hate most is level drain. I don't have a cleric in my party so if i don't have access to temple I am in big trouble. I stocked up with restoration scrolls tough (i have 14 of them) so maybe it won't be an issue.
    I should have chosen Aerie over Nalia

Already encountered Illithid tough. Only one. Behind the painting. My whole team ganged up on him so it wasn't really a fair fight

Playing King of Dragon Pass, Dungeon Keeper and Atom Zombie Smasher. The first two are excellent; I'm not really deep enough into Atom Zombie Smasher to say whether I like it, but its mechanics are clever. The weather is awful here and Wolverhampton Wanderers are losing and probably going to get relegated, so it's a good day for games.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Why no cleric? Are you doing a challenge run?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Why no cleric? Are you doing a challenge run?
    I didn't have need for one during BG1 as Jaheria provided me with all healing i needed. The further I get tough, more painful lack of certain spells (like protection from evil radius. mage protection from evil sucks as it is just one creature) becomes. It is too late to change anything tough...
    Made a mistake, should have kept Aerie and ditched Nalia after her quest.

Now playing / have been playing:
    Assassin's Creed has been consigned to the bin of "never to be played again" as it wound me up so damn much. It could well be the best series of games on earth, but I really don't want to remind myself of that horrid slog I tried to play through.
    The Darkness II because it was bundled with Bioshock Infinite. I found that to be more fun to play then Bioshock, though the plot was silly Grimdark.
    Bastion finally got played through after buying it god knows how long ago. That was nice, not as great as some people made it out to be, but nice none the less.

What next to kill in the backlog? Batmans: Ark City? L.A. Noire? Something weird like The Void? I look deep into the nest of horrible Steam crap that is unplayed and...
    Why / how do I own X-Blades?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Why / how do I own X-Blades?
    Its been in bundles, Batman: Artificial Creatures is a good choice, but I beg you, try Assassins Creed 2 before you forsake the series.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Thief 2 - Shadows of the metal age. I'm up to mission 4 and really enjoying it. The things people will make for free just because they really love a game absolutely amazes me.

This is of course when Mechwarrior Online isn't distracting me.

Cheers for the advice. The Batsman it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    but I beg you
    I beg of you, I BEG OF YOU, just a few coins!
    Haha! That's like... like the women in Ass Creed who... who say that over and over
    and over
    and over
    and OVDJSABJFBAJBFLFNAL
    AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Please say there are no really annoying NPCs like those guys and the lepers / drunks in Ass Creed II

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Please say there are no really annoying NPCs like those guys and the lepers / drunks in Ass Creed II
    Ok, I'll tell you, there aren't.

I'm lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Ok, I'll tell you, there aren't.

I'm lying.
    Can you tell me if they are as horrible and seem to fixate on the one dude with swords wearing white?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Assassin's Creed 2 nailed the formula. Everything since has run it into the ground. One of the few games I've played since I was a kid to "completion," although the feathers can blow me.

Played a few matches of Dungeonland, since I got the 4-pack from GG for cheaps (15e). All in all, enjoyable and pretty great, but you should play on hard and preferably with 3 other people you know, since it's the best then. Also, encountered a few bugs and annoyances (no proper lobby and so forth), but all in all, quite enjoyable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Assassin's Creed 2 nailed the formula. Everything since has run it into the ground. One of the few games I've played since I was a kid to "completion," although the feathers can blow me.
    Yes, it's a fantastic game. I liked the first one a lot too. The Kingdom of Heaven >>> Italy.
    In fact I might reinstall the first one... I associate it with Easter, which is coming soon here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Played a few matches of Dungeonland, since I got the 4-pack from GG for cheaps (15e). All in all, enjoyable and pretty great, but you should play on hard and preferably with 3 other people you know, since it's the best then. Also, encountered a few bugs and annoyances (no proper lobby and so forth), but all in all, quite enjoyable.
    How do people fare in the role of the DM? I was thinking that it's probably far from obvious to players of conventional multiplayer games that the goal of the wizard is not to obliterate the heroes as soon as possible in order to 'win'.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    How do people fare in the role of the DM? I was thinking that it's probably far from obvious to players of conventional multiplayer games that the goal of the wizard is not to obliterate the heroes as soon as possible in order to 'win'.
    The DM did fare pretty good, he had no experience beforehand but it was quite easy to grasp how the game works. Basically, before game the DM builds a deck of monsters, traps and spells and bosses s/he wants to use, and as long as the DM has mana, the DM can cast new monsters, traps and so forth to the map. The first game we played was on normal (heroes take -50% damage) and that was obviously way too easy for us players, whereas on Hard (normal damage) the DM could place traps on few chokeholds and do all kinds of nasty stuff.

[E] Obviously the DM can try to obliterate the heroes right away, but if the heroes can manage to stay together and work as a team they should overcome all obstacles until the boss, even if it requires a few close calls where you're out of lives and need to revive a hero in 5 seconds or it's game over.

[Edit of an edit]
    I think the Eurogamer-review put it the best. "Is it balanced? Not really: the odds are stacked massively in the dungeon master's favour. It's a quirk of design, perhaps, but one that, paradoxically, makes it even more fun to try and work your way through the mode from the perspective of the little guys stuck at the sharp end. There's a wonderful sense of achievement to be had braving such colourful torments, particularly when you know that the dungeon master who's causing you all this woe will meet you at the end of the gauntlet, controlling the final boss."
    Last edited by Kaira-; 13-04-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    I think the Eurogamer-review put it the best. "Is it balanced? Not really: the odds are stacked massively in the dungeon master's favour. It's a quirk of design, perhaps, but one that, paradoxically, makes it even more fun to try and work your way through the mode from the perspective of the little guys stuck at the sharp end. There's a wonderful sense of achievement to be had braving such colourful torments, particularly when you know that the dungeon master who's causing you all this woe will meet you at the end of the gauntlet, controlling the final boss."
    This was exactly my impression from watching TB's videos on the game, where they basically had a trio of newbies go up against everything the DM could (and did) throw at them. From that, I gathered that the point of the game wasn't that the wizard and heroes compete against each other, but that the wizard creates a reasonable challenge for the heroes and is basically filling the role of L4D's AI director. The theme park setting is no coincidence. Is that how you're playing it, too?

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    This was exactly my impression from watching TB's videos on the game, where they basically had a trio of newbies go up against everything the DM could (and did) throw at them. From that, I gathered that the point of the game wasn't that the wizard and heroes compete against each other, but that the wizard creates a reasonable challenge for the heroes and is basically filling the role of L4D's AI director. The theme park setting is no coincidence. Is that how you're playing it, too?
    Well, we were newbies all, and the DM played to win, however the DM's chances to piss into heroes' cheerios depends very much on the hand of cards he draws, so sometimes it's just some annoying mobs to smash into pieces and other times it's bunch of clevelry placed traps and spells in combination with nasties.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Can you tell me if they are as horrible and seem to fixate on the one dude with swords wearing white?
    AC2 is excellent, and while there are still beggars some of those who bother you for money are minstrels. And who doesn't like punching minstrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I didn't have need for one during BG1 as Jaheria provided me with all healing i needed. The further I get tough, more painful lack of certain spells (like protection from evil radius. mage protection from evil sucks as it is just one creature) becomes. It is too late to change anything tough...
    Made a mistake, should have kept Aerie and ditched Nalia after her quest.
    Should have taken Viconia. She kicks all kinds of ass.
    And, although you've probably figured this out by now, when someone gives you a time limit for a mission in the Underdark, you pay attention to that time limit.