Page 718 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728768818 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,360 of 22676
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    ...a quarter? I'm a quarter of the way through the game? For the love of [censored], what the [more censored] can come after this? I don't understand how they can [woah, you don't even want to know!] so wrong. Well, are the stage battles any easier/quicker with the difficulty turned down?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I've no idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Currently playing hte old classic Rollercoaster Tycoon. I am also playing the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's gate. Currentlystuck on Balduran's Isle, as the final battle of that thing is FUCKING HARD because the final boss has health regeneration.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Simcity 4 again and I'm doing good so far after rebuilding the damn cities twice. New Victoria, the industrial-only city that's going to provide jobs for it's neighbour has been showing signs of growth but it was going slow and having to deal with the fires that has been occuring frequently there had me building another fire station after two factories were razed down. So, right now, the city's losing some money at the moment albeit a small amount of it. I zoned a few sections of High-D industrials but virtually nothing's popping up. I figured it's time for my sims to get educated and built a high school in the other city after an elementary school was built. Speaking of, there's a bunch of unemployed sims all over the place. Maybe I have do something about the streets. The busses didn't help so I guess it's the streets. Or they need a subway
    Traffic wouldn't necessarily have a huge impact on your employment rates; only a retarding effect on development. If you have high unemployment, likely it's because you had large employers which you had bulldozed to make way for I-HT which you didn't have the skilled labor yet for.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    awesome. I approve. Who is your character and at what point of the game are you?
    I could not decide between a Cleric/Mage and a Fighter/Mage so I flipped a coin and ended up with the latter.

My character, Jaheira, Khalid, Edwin, Kivan and Imoen just made it to the Nashkell Mines after clearing all Beregost quests and surrounding regions before storming the Gnoll castle. About 6-7 hours played so far, the game is still a blast and a breeze.

I'm thinking of shaking up my party composition a bit by kicking Khalid and Jaheira out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Fighter/Mage so I flipped a coin and ended up with the latter.
    Oh good. a lot of people do not like the Fighter Mage, but seriously, that thing is actually rather insanely powerfull even at lower levels. Those mage protective spells become a LOT more effective all of a sudden. Blur + Mirror Image? Awesomeness. Blur + Mirror Image + Stoneskins + Archmage robe of <Alignment>? Super awesomeness. There's some other things in there too.

If you plan on kicking Khalid and Jaheira out, you can have good luck with replacing them with Viconia or Branwen and Kagain or Corgan. Corgan is a personal favorite of mine, just because the way he talks and how the BG1NPC project portrays him.

So... Just bought ME3 and a GamersGate collection containing Planetscape: Torment, BGI & II, and some other games, so... Probably going to end the ME trilogy and then play through P:T. Already moded it and played the first minutes. It certainly seems interesting... ^^

Today in Backlog plz go!:

Finally finished Gemini Rue. Was rather good, plus the story was damn nice. As people have often noted the shooting was a bit pants and even hurt the game to a degree (though later on its logical as to why its there) and I found a couple of puzzles a little "Click everything with every option till you figure it out" but the vast majority of it was logical. Did resort to a walkthrough for at least two moments.
    If people want to play it don't do so in Steam, or at least turn off the notification that a friend has logged on / is playing something / something is happening. Since the game is so low res the message takes up a quarter of the screen!

Since Xotic seemed to go mad and not recognize my Keyboard I put that a little further down the Backloggery list, and moved on to Botanicula. Warm fuzzy feelings inside as I play it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    My character, Jaheira, Khalid, Edwin, Kivan and Imoen just made it to the Nashkell Mines after clearing all Beregost quests and surrounding regions before storming the Gnoll castle. About 6-7 hours played so far, the game is still a blast and a breeze.

I'm thinking of shaking up my party composition a bit by kicking Khalid and Jaheira out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Oh good. a lot of people do not like the Fighter Mage, but seriously, that thing is actually rather insanely powerfull even at lower levels. Those mage protective spells become a LOT more effective all of a sudden. Blur + Mirror Image? Awesomeness. Blur + Mirror Image + Stoneskins + Archmage robe of <Alignment>? Super awesomeness. There's some other things in there too.

If you plan on kicking Khalid and Jaheira out, you can have good luck with replacing them with Viconia or Branwen and Kagain or Corgan. Corgan is a personal favorite of mine, just because the way he talks and how the BG1NPC project portrays him.
    Sharteel is also a pretty good fighter, although I think her CON is a bit lacking.

RE: Nashkel Mines
    Have fun with those Kobold Commandos.

I finally thought to go play Digital: A Love Story. I foolishly didn't even realise it was free all this time. It was certainly engrossing, but I'm not about to well up about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    About halfway through my Playthrough C of Nier. I suspect I may just end up watching Ending D on youtube, but we'll see.

In my quest to find something to play on the PC proper: FInally gave Mafia 2 a shot after the gas-station driving that originally made me bounce off. I think I am partway through Chapter 5 (the one with the mission from the demo) and yeah, still a crap game that sacrifices gameplay for being "artsy". Mafia 1 wasn't anything amazing, but at least it always stayed consistent. Is great how in Mafia 2 I can sometimes fly past a cop at a red light doing 2x the speed limit and other times immediately get pulled over for going a few miles above the limit or ignoring a stop sign.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    @gundato

Is that a boxed copy of Nier, or does one of the digital services have it and I've just not noticed?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'm not sure what he means about Mafia being artsy. I have a lot of problems with it (overall it's an ok game) but I wouldn't call it artsy...
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    @gundato

Is that a boxed copy of Nier, or does one of the digital services have it and I've just not noticed?
    Boxed. I think an author whose blog I read mentioned it a few weeks back so I just grabbed it off Amazon
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I'm not sure what he means about Mafia being artsy. I have a lot of problems with it (overall it's an ok game) but I wouldn't call it artsy...
    Apparently all you need to be called artsy is to have a long shot at somebody's face and some light jazz playing.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    About halfway through my Playthrough C of Nier. I suspect I may just end up watching Ending D on youtube, but we'll see.
    Hrmm... don't wanna spoil much, to be honest, but I also feel seeing Ending D on Youtube would be a disservice. I'll just say that getting ending D doesn't require any extra grinding of any kind, just reloading your latest save and going for the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Traffic wouldn't necessarily have a huge impact on your employment rates; only a retarding effect on development. If you have high unemployment, likely it's because you had large employers which you had bulldozed to make way for I-HT which you didn't have the skilled labor yet for
    Or he went bankrupt somehow. I still got shitloads of dirty industry over there and some of them are even vacant. Might explain the loss of jobs but vacant? Is the rise of education affecting this or is it something else entirely?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Or he went bankrupt somehow. I still got shitloads of dirty industry over there and some of them are even vacant. Might explain the loss of jobs but vacant? Is the rise of education affecting this or is it something else entirely?
    Only way I know how to get I-D vacant is to burden it with some ridiculous amount of taxes, like 30%.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Only way I know how to get I-D vacant is to burden it with some ridiculous amount of taxes, like 30%.
    So, it might be taxes then? I tried lowering it a bit earlier but no dice. 6% did get a few more people to move in and build a few more factories but that's it.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Sharteel is also a pretty good fighter, although I think her CON is a bit lacking.
    Yeah I was thinking of getting Shar-teel because I've never had her in my party before. I'm basically trying to give a chance to all these NPCs that I totally ignored during all my previous playthroughs. Maybe I'll pick up Yeslick too.