Page 724 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 2246246747147227237247257267347748241224 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,480 of 24778
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Trying to get back into EyE:Divine Cyberwhatsit's.

Good things: Gunplay, decent visuals, interesting level designs and world, hilarious dialogue, pretty great music, load out system that's highly customizable and gives you that xcom feeling. Multiple ways to finish missions.

Bad things: Make a sound and the enemy are all over you, monster boxes everywhere, enemies that have what I call bullshit guns (the turrets that just shoot you into the corners and keep you there with a hail of bullets).

The AI of the enemies and the monster boxiness of it all are the big killers for me right now.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Oh, what a pain. An hour's progress in my city vanished with just a click of a button. Forgot to save whole exiting to the region. Bah, I was losing money anyway and I can fix whatever wrong then. I still can't get rich sims and half of my city is dirty with run down buildings. I tried to expand the High-Tech industrial by building a new city dedicated just for that and there's at least some skyscrapers popping up on Awesomevill. What boggles me is that the high tech buildings in the industrial-only city went vacant after a while. I tried doing a few freight stations but it managed to fix a bit of that problem. Hmm...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Isn't there some way of forcing it (AA, that is)? I have HD6950 crossfire.
    Maybe in the Catalyst Control Centre?

So, Bioshock Infinite was pretty neat. Not much for it's shooting but the setting is fantastic. Makes me want to see more of Columbia than to run around and flail the skyhook to the bads, though the game's a bit unsettling in some parts and I'm not talking about the violence. I just got Elizabeth out of that tower and now she's lost somewhere.
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Still some Company of Heroes 2 Beta.

Now that I've developed two or three strategies against [redacted], I can appreciate the [redacted] of [redacted]. Surprisingly enough, though, my most effective infantry unit is [redacted], despite being a [redacted].

Stupid Soviet censor NDA. Wish I could say more without being disa
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Stupid Soviet censor NDA. Wish I could say more without being disa
    *dusts off gloves*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm still playing Rift - it's still more fun and active and lively than Guild Wars 2 - leaping into every battle with a massive axe and cleaving multiple foes is still not tired.

I couldn't give a rats-ass about the story, I'm ignoring it and just slashing my way through shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Monaco - the singleplayer game is a fine stealth experience while the multiplayer starts that way but inevitably devolves into a chaotic mess. A fine example of entropy in a game if ever there was one.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Been playing Arkham City quite a bit. It's really great, I think - a few additions which makes the game feel a lot different, lots of content (even excluding the riddler's trophy hunting) and the same enjoyable combat.

Just continuing the Imperial Guard campaign in Dark Crusade. Trying to penetrate through the Necron stronghold was a real slog but I managed to blow it the fuck up. The best way to win this, imo, is to sweep dozens of pitiful soldiers through the map to their deaths before sending in the tanks. Usually the Basilisks are real game changer when I use the IG but they're ultimately better off holding positions in the bases I built, here. I don't think I have the confidence to take on the Orkz yet. Man, IG sucks with melee
    Art blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    The best way to win this, imo, is to sweep dozens of pitiful soldiers through the map to their deaths before sending in the tanks.
    I see the Commissars taught you well.

Obscure Node
    Anyone else is playing Monaco?? I need co-op friends :)

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    I see the Commissars taught you well.
    Ayup :)

Imperial Guards in a nutshell, more like. Meat shields, all of them. Except the Kasrkins/Cadian Storm Troopers, they're awesome badasses who spew lasers like there's no tomorrow
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    After two years of not playing any fps (DEHR does not count) I decided to play a bit of UT1 and UT3. Even managed to win one match on adept difficulty.

I am very rusty tough. and need better mouse (using microsoft 12 dollar optical mouse)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fantastic night in Rift last night, still in the starter area (Level 14 at start - 17 when done) but there was some sort of invasion thingy on which meant huge groups of people kicking-ass everywhere you went.

Being slightly higher than most I just leapt in a swept stuff aside in a hail of damage numbers, by the time it was over, half the landscape was sparkling with loot - I found one bit about 10 mins later when walking home!

Still don't give a damn about the story, it just offers so many things to kill - every kill offers a quest to kill more things - there's someone behind every third tree wanting things killed, or collected from areas full of things to kill.

OK - it's not original in any way but my oh my it likes to throw shit at you...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    See, a load of descriptions of MMOs make them sound really awesome, enticing even, but I know that as soon as I start it up, it won't be anywhere near as fun to actually play, I reckon.