Page 726 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 2266266767167247257267277287367768261226 ... LastLast
Results 14,501 to 14,520 of 24762
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    What are you doing in the game though?

Bio 2 really was a glorious thing, it's sad,Infinite sounds to have been a step backwards.
    Breaking her jaw :) . Just kidding.

The quality of the writing, the charcters and almost everything else in Infinite had taken a step back compared to BS2, sure but it has given us Columbia which, in my honest opinion, to be one of the most fantastic settings ever in video games. Cities in the sky with gunbattles while riding on skylines at high speed, oh yes! Not many shooters manages to be this fun. Though, not enough to keep me from playing Bioshock 2.

People often complain how violent Infinite was but looking back at Bioshock 2, it hasn't really changed much. Bioshock 2 was still just as violent minus the gore.
    Last edited by Voon; 28-04-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Max Payne 3. I wish you could disable this horrible dizziness effect. Otherwise, it seems nice enough. Enemies die in a couple of hits, so do you. That's what you want in a good shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Which HoMM is this?

The sixth.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

I managed to grab LA. Noire in the Rockstar steam sale.

While I've only played 30 minutes or so, have to say I'm very impressed overall. Looks like they've patched out some of the port issues that they initially had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The sixth.
    I'm assuming it goes Mass Murderer I-V before stepping it up to Terrorist, Tyrant and Xenocide?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The sixth.
    Any good? I briefly tangled with the fifth. But after the majesty that was HoMM 2 and 3 it was underwhelming.

Might go back to five to see if I wasn't being unnecessarily harsh on it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I'm assuming it goes Mass Murderer I-V before stepping it up to Terrorist, Tyrant and Xenocide?
    No after Mass Murderer V you get Statistic I
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lithuania, the land of Rain and gloomy people.
    Me and my brother are both enjoying Don't Starve. It is a great little game, full of exploration and trail and error decisions.

I strongly recommend it for Binding of Issac players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I'm a horrible person. I laughed at that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Just finished Nancy Drew: Message In A Haunted Mansion!
    !!
    !!!

I liked it, I think more than I liked the Legend of the Crystal Skull episode. It was first of all, easier. =P I think it would have been easier even if I hadn't been playing on Junior Detective i.e. Babymode. Maybe it was more simplified because it was one of their early games. This one actually had me spending most of my time poking around digging up dirt on people and finding hidden passageways and secret documents -- as opposed to fiddling with tons of Myst-like crazy machinery which I am bad at. But the "mystery" in this one was also more cliche and straightforward, so hey, pros and cons!

Maybe I liked this one better too because I like Victorian mansions and hilarious Victorian-era newspapers more than I like N'awlins.

(One thing I have liked about both games is that they absolutely require you to notice things that seem important, and then write them down on bits of paper. I have a stack of sticky notes for each game, which goes a fair ways towards making me feel sleuthy =P).
    Last edited by Berzee; 29-04-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Okay, so about HoMM VI. I just deinstalled it. It's not a very fun game. The basic gameplay isn't too bad, some good ideas here and there, and it's certainly not nearly as radical as HoMM IV. The real problem is that HoMM VI is an incredibly boring game. The combat is boring. The campaigns are boring. The story is boring. The characters are boring. The units are boring.
    The worst part is that it simply does not feel like a HoMM game. Much like HoMM V it feels like a second-rate turn based strategy game that somehow bears the name of a once popular franchise. It's playable fan fiction.
    This is not something that belongs in the hands of a large publisher, it should be on kickstarter.
    At this point I could go on and on about the technical issues, pointless dynasty system, DRM, lack of the Dungeon faction and many more things. Just the thought that there is a HoMM game without black dragons and titans blows my mind.
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Okay, so about HoMM VI. I just deinstalled it. It's not a very fun game. The basic gameplay isn't too bad, some good ideas here and there, and it's certainly not nearly as radical as HoMM IV. The real problem is that HoMM VI is an incredibly boring game. The combat is boring. The campaigns are boring. The story is boring. The characters are boring. The units are boring.
    The worst part is that it simply does not feel like a HoMM game. Much like HoMM V it feels like a second-rate turn based strategy game that somehow bears the name of a once popular franchise. It's playable fan fiction.
    This is not something that belongs in the hands of a large publisher, it should be on kickstarter.
    At this point I could go on and on about the technical issues, pointless dynasty system, DRM, lack of the Dungeon faction and many more things. Just the thought that there is a HoMM game without black dragons and titans blows my mind.
    I find the issue with games like this is they seem to demand literally hundreds of hours for no apparent reason. They're great fun even for up to thrity hours or so, but then to complete them you have to go another three times as long again in spite of the fact that nothing new or different is added in that time frame. Can't help but feel they're written for people with nothing else to do but play videogames.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    +1 internets
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I did indeed make it to Mass Murderer II.

The truth is that you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not: a hero of might and magic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The truth is that you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not: a hero of might and magic.
    If you want to feel like a Tyrant of Might and Magic I recommend Dominions 3, pillage your boarder provinces of wealth to fund the war machine and also take their virgins for blood sacrifices and force your religion down your opponents throat with an Iron boot... Just like real religions!

It requires multiplayer for true Machiavellianism though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

You know what I hate about Bio 2? Is that everytime I found a little sister and gather Adam, damn Splicers keep coming, usually out of nowhere. It's a bit tedious at times but at least I could save the little kids.
    Art blog here.

If you want to feel like a Tyrant of Might and Magic I recommend Dominions 3, pillage your boarder provinces of wealth to fund the war machine and also take their virgins for blood sacrifices and force your religion down your opponents throat with an Iron boot... Just like real religions!

It requires multiplayer for true Machiavellianism though.
    No. Many games tried to break me in recent times but I feel like this one finally succeeded. After the events of HoMM VI, I feel like my connection to games has been severed. It is as if everything suddenly went silent. I shall go into exile for a while, leave RPS space. I need to do this, or I will die inside. Like I died at HoMM VI.

Finished Dishonoured yesterday, did a sneak "run" and beat all maps on low chaos.

It's pretty similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution in my opinion, though the non-lethal routes feel more natural (unlike DX's forced-in vent shafts in some places) and it's a lot more fun to think of ways to beat the map with the powers you unlock during the game - freezing time and running across a heavily patrolled street to teleport onto the ledge of a building on the opposite side and vanishing through an open window without alerting anyone feels definitely cooler than simply cover-spamming from crate to crate. Not having any real boss fights is another advantage of course - even the final confrontation can be resolved with a single sleep dart.

However, that also meant that the great climax after (non-)fighting my way to the elevator was a bit of a let-down. Bad guy talks to his glass of wine, then gets hit by a dart and falls flat on his face. Game over. As much as DX's boss fights don't fit the rest of the game, they add a sense of accomplishment the last map of Dishonoured is somewhat missing.

I'll definitely pick up the Knife Of Dunwall DLC and probably do a lethal playthrough as well at some point.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Activated Node
    Just played through Papers Please. You are an immigration inspector in the communist state of Arstotzka. Your job includes staring at peoples papers and seeing if they are who they say they are. Who will be allowed to enter our wonderful country and who will be turned back or arrested? Only you can decide.

Glory to Arstotzka!

PS: Game is currently on beta(free) and can be downloaded from here. TBs WTF is... can be found here. And Steam greenlight can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Finished Dishonoured yesterday, did a sneak "run" and beat all maps on low chaos.

It's pretty similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution in my opinion, though the non-lethal routes feel more natural (unlike DX's forced-in vent shafts in some places) and it's a lot more fun to think of ways to beat the map with the powers you unlock during the game - freezing time and running across a heavily patrolled street to teleport onto the ledge of a building on the opposite side and vanishing through an open window without alerting anyone feels definitely cooler than simply cover-spamming from crate to crate. Not having any real boss fights is another advantage of course - even the final confrontation can be resolved with a single sleep dart.

However, that also meant that the great climax after (non-)fighting my way to the elevator was a bit of a let-down. Bad guy talks to his glass of wine, then gets hit by a dart and falls flat on his face. Game over. As much as DX's boss fights don't fit the rest of the game, they add a sense of accomplishment the last map of Dishonoured is somewhat missing.

I'll definitely pick up the Knife Of Dunwall DLC and probably do a lethal playthrough as well at some point.
    The last level was, I suspect, much more fun and challenging if you opt for a high chaos playthrough. Sam gets pissy if you do but if you don't mind, just get on with it.
    Art blog here.