Page 735 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 235635685725733734735736737745785835 ... LastLast
Results 14,681 to 14,700 of 23786
    I started Darksiders again since I bought the second one and never finished it on the xbox.

I just finished the first chapter (the one with Tiamat) that's more or less where I was the first time. I really like the game and playing this just after Dark souls is a nice change. It's easier and the fights are fun.

I think I am gonna play only this game till I finish it.

I am also nearing the end of Persona 4 Golden. 66 hours in. I am end of november. Amazing game.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Star Wars is one above-average film, one masterpiece (that couldn't exist without its predecessor), about four good games, and a massive pile of franchising soaked in sewage.
    X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter, Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2, Jedi Outcast, Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Rogue Squadron 1 & 2, and Lego Star Wars. Many would also make a case for Galaxies, Republic Commando, and the Battlefront series.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Mars War Logs

An aRPG set in an interesting setting that you can't explore at all. I saw reviews like 4/10 and I must say it's not that bad. It's still bad and plays like an oversized and linear New Vegas fedex quest. I can't stop playing it though.

The bad.

It's repetitive ugly and linear. Characters are underdeveloped and irrelevant. Everyone but main one( goddamn what a disgusting haircut/beard, mother of god) has like three lines of dialogue. Plot? I dunno, twelve hours in I'm not sure its even there. Feels like someone cut big chunks of it out of the game to speed the development. Locations look like something out of a JRPG and layout is very similar( A town? two narrow streets with merchants. A sewer? Two narrow tunnels with monsters. A power plant? Two narrow catwalks with rusty tubes). Reputation system is either broken or I'm doing something wrong( stuck at Neutral forever). Voiceacting better left not mentioned.

Now about good things.

Combat is strangely satisfying. Stealth kinda works and is sometimes useful. You can play nonlethally in a beat-em-up/zap-em-up style. Dogs are very cool. Crafting has some nice ideas( recycling, transformation, different upgrades) and is rather useful. Skill tree isn't bad.

It's not something I'd recommend to anyone but if you liked Planet Alcatraz it's for you( that was a joke). More like for a small-budget game it's surprisingly playable and at times good.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 05-05-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post

Play it in 3D if you can, it's stunning.
    Thanks for the tip. I'd forgotten about that!
    "Oh, evolution. It wasn't meant for everyone."

X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter, Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2, Jedi Outcast, Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Rogue Squadron 1 & 2, and Lego Star Wars. Many would also make a case for Galaxies, Republic Commando, and the Battlefront series.
    Don't forget Star Wars: Rebellion. I'm currently looking for my disk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    And the original TIE Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Empire at War and that older RTS which I've forgotten are pretty good too.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Empire at War and that older RTS which I've forgotten are pretty good too.
    Are you talking about Galactic Battleground (basically Age of Empires reskin) or Force Commander (terrible, terrible game)?

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    So crysis warhead was short, less than 4 hours for the entire thing.

But it was a mostly enjoyable 4 hours and the ending sections were far better than the originals.

4/5 of the way through the back to the future adventure game. It's quite nice, bar the usual tell-tale shortcomings but it doesn't have that sam & max magic that they did quite well for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Are you talking about Galactic Battleground (basically Age of Empires reskin) or Force Commander (terrible, terrible game)?
    Galactic Battlegrounds was the one.

@apricot, I liked Warhead too, felt more fun than the first game and the ice sections were so gorgeous.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Finished Bioshock Infinite, that last bit quite the mind bender.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 05-05-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Dishonoured Dunwall City Trials

Nice idea, lacking in execution. I didn't like the combat stuff too much but I was enjoying the stealth based missions a whole lot, right until I worked out that the scoring mechanics properly. If you're going to a stealth section, reward stealth, don't reward guessing and speed over stealth and accuracy.

System Shock 2

Completed! It only took.. many years. At release I'd quit on entering the living area near the end after getting completely lost and stranded in a radiation pool with no way to survive the return journey. Turns out I'd basically finished the game, but oh well - at least I never had to see that final boss fight until now. Still, it's better than a lot of recent games and managed to maintain the fear despite a creaking engine. I enjoy the Bioshock games but this was a reminder of where I wish they'd gone instead.

Tomb Raider / Far Cry Blood Dragon

Why can't developers handle mouse input properly? Neither allow me to set a low enough sensitivity from the menus, Tomb raider has no config file to edit I can find and Far Cry manages to introduce negative acceleration if I edit the config to drop the mouse speed low enough. Dropping the DPI to 400 or less in drivers shouldn't be a mandatory part of setting up mouselook in a game.

I think I'll end up playing Tomb Raider with a pad, which will no doubt work perfectly out of the box. Motivation to play both games dropped significantly after all the fiddling and googling.

Mario Wii U

At least console games work with their controller out of the box! I wasn't planning to play this but mouse frustration led to non-PC time instead. More of the same but the first of the recent 2D ones to draw me into finding all the secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Don't forget Star Wars: Rebellion. I'm currently looking for my disk.
    Oh man... That really takes me back. One of my all-time favourite (and most played) games, no question. I remember spending hours upon hours naming my ships and fleets for some reason. Think I need to go back and play that some more just to see how it holds up today...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Game Dev Tycoon is really starting to open out now. I'm building whole departments for creating my own consoles, and researching more advanced stuff like digital distribution. At this stage it gets quite easy though, bankruptcy is only a looming threat in the earlier levels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Force Unleashed 2 looks amazing and plays better than the original, but the environment and enemies are more repetitive. It's a better power trip, at least.
    Sam Witwer is really good as Starkiller. I liked him in The Mist too.

Welp! Looks like Gorgutz brutally slaughtered the Space Marines right after I took over the space port. They wanted to vent out for losing to my wimpy guards I guess. After I take over their last line of defence, I'm off to storming their base. Time to roll out a single Baneblade off to their settlement!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    antivirus fucked up my pes game so i had to reinstall it,along with that all my saves went to hell...I had six seasons in become a legend,one season have 30 matches at least,x20 min lenght of one match.Then add international matches and champions league..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Increasingly I back up saves on dropbox to avoid such misadventures.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Played through Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich. It's actually a very short game and, quite frankly, not a good one. It's not easy to put the finger on what's wrong with it. The whole nazi time travel story line lost its novelty almost instantly and even by comic book standards nonsensical. The three axis villains had zero charisma and felt inconsequential. The allied heroes didn't fare much better. The missions were short and not too interesting, often just going from A to B and killing everything in your path. Then the game continued its incredibly poor habit of forcing certain heroes in your team and removing others from your roster at what appears to be random. By the end it got a bit better and the Entropy story line was infinitely more interesting than the rest.
    Overall it felt like a massive step back from the original game. What a shame.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Last weekend I decided to finish off the current Living Story in Guild Wars 2 and I finally managed to avoid getting distracted by zergs in Orr long enough to finish the Personal Story on my Asura Engineer (Rissc)

Decided I'll temporarily shift my focus to my alts (Human Necromancer and Sylvari Warrior) as a change of pace.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.