Page 738 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 2386386887287367377387397407487888381238 ... LastLast
Results 14,741 to 14,760 of 24778
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    is Path of Exile that good?
    If you want an old school hack and slash, it's your best choice these days. Its mechanics are closer to the "good old days" than those of Diablo III and its combat is way less boring and devoid of thought than what you can find in Torchlight II.

As far as other F2P games go, I enjoyed Tribes Ascend for a while back when it launched and have only done a couple of matches of AirMech and it seems pretty fun so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Any word on when the beta ends and everyone's characters get wiped? I've been waiting to really invest in that game until I know I can actually keep my character.
    There'll be no more wipes, actually. Last one was from closed beta to open beta, but Grinding Gear has gone on record many times saying that there'll be no more wipes (although they probably will come up with new leagues).

If anyone feels like trying it out, I'm "Faldrath" over there as well, feel free to look me up if you need help getting started (most mechanics are not very evident during your first hours of play).

Activated Node
    Yeah Path of Exile seems really interesting. I will probably have to check it out once it comes to steam or once beta ends, which ever comes first. Right now Diablo 2 works just fine for me.;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    SMNC, AirMech, Realm of the Mad God.
    Realm of the Mad God is fun up until a point you realize there's not really a goal, sadly.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Yeah Path of Exile seems really interesting. I will probably have to check it out once it comes to steam or once beta ends, which ever comes first. Right now Diablo 2 works just fine for me.;)
    I have no idea if they're planning on a Steam release, but, while the beta will probably end in a few months, the devs already have a *10-year* plan of supporting and extending the game, so "waiting until it's ready" isn't the right approach here! Especially because it already is ready, other than a crash or two and a somewhat un-optimized engine, it already has levels of polish that many official releases lack.

Star Wars Rebellion.
    I'm amazed of how much I remember about the game. And to be honest, despite some interface flaws (understandable for the time) it's hold up decently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I don't know, man. They ruined Dungeon Siege.
    Or to put it another way they made a fun game in the Dungeon Siege universe that just didn't play the same as the old games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Finished Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It takes about 4-8 hours to complete, depending on how much of the side-missions you want to pursue. For €15 it's a fun game, and I hope other developers will look at releasing smaller, shorter and cheaper games than the once every two years big release that has seemingly become the standard for many big developers: there's very few games that can hold my interest throughout a 40 hour campaign, which sadly leaves far too many games unfinished. In any event, Blood Dragon was a welcome release by Ubisoft Montreal. Very enjoyable soundtrack, too.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Okay, in my continuing effort to clear my backlog, I've discovered that I can't decide between two titles. So I ask you excellent RPS forum-ites(?) to do it for me! The next game that I play will be either Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or KOTOR. I'll play whichever he first person to say which one they think I should play first says. Unless no one replies, in which case I guess I'll just flip a coin or something (but that's much less fun).

Kotor

/tenchar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Brotherhood multiplayer, you can literally play it for 1 hour and that'll do. You'll learn things about a multiplayer you didn't think was possible with only a little patience.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

More Warframe. I don't know why I keep playing, the maps don't have nearly enough variation and pretty much every encounter can be solved the same way and there's also no teamwork to be spoken of, no synergy between class skills and so. I don't know if the game gets any more challenging and better once you unlock the 60 mod cap for your frame, but trying to unlock it without paying is like waiting for another coming of Jesus.

Obscure Node
    LoL mostly, can't seem to break its ridiculous hold on me. Also trying Eador: Master of Broken shard which is interesting but (it seems) insanely hard. Have DL'd the Neverwinter MMO but not got into it yet, will try and join the RPS guild at some stage if it grips me

The city doctors are complete dicks that go on strike just months after their last pay raise, every fucking time. Now I'm losing money just a little below a few hundred simbucks to break even. I'm off to Diablo II.

And speaking of, wow. The desert's pretty harsh. I wiped the floor with those zombies and skellingtons running around in the wilderness but these ones here, wow. I don't think I remember how many times I rushed off to the dead bodies stocking up healing potions over in this place. I even get killed by a giant dung beetle, once so far. *shudders* I hate those dung beetles. On the bright side, this makes me want to draw some Arabian things
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Before we have mods in here, I'm going to have a nice little rant. There are holdiays, so it is time for my annual doomed attempt at completing Witcher 2. As usual, I'm going to laugh at how terrible this game is and how Enhanced Edition never really fixed anything, at least in the part of the game I've played. It's just my opinion of course. Now a bit of a foreword.

Witcher "community"( the non-game one) is divided more or less equally, usually people either prefer the first couple of novels with all the fairy-tale mockery or the later more straightfaced war-politics-mages-spaceelves-unicorns rollercoaster. You can't have a Witcher-novels discussion without a bloody holywar about what part is better and what part is a waste of spacetime. Personally I'm okay with both but I do prefer the later ones. Ok, so about the game.

I'm three hours in, Dark difficulty mod, I'm not enjoying it at all. I'd say Witcher 2 first level is worse than Peragus Mining Station from KOTOR 2. It has more CINEMATIC EPIC cutscenes than gameplay, QTE's, strictly linear level design, scripted sequences, unopenable doors, abilites tha I can't use on certain enemies, autosaves before unskippable checkpoints, counterintuative instadeath dragon sequences and of course times when you can't save your game.

There are also other bad things. The music is horrible, I had to turn it off. The combat is a rollfest. Hell, Mars War Logs has better combat, at least you can actually roll between two enemies there without getting stuck or hitting invisible wall. I can't stand the small FOV. Sound is glitchy, for example I can't hear people talking behind me at all. Terrible inventory and UI. There was also an attempt at stealth, made for no reason. But thats not what I hate most.

What I hate most is just how much this game is taking from novels verbatim and throws it on me in an attempt to remind me that I'm playing a Witcher game. Geralt arrives at first proper level( a middle of nowhere) and almost right off the bat meets three or four major characters from the novels. And Dandellion is about to be hanged. Again. Some quotes are word for word. Mother of god, make me unplay this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Before we have mods in here, I'm going to have a nice little rant. There are holdiays, so it is time for my annual doomed attempt at completing Witcher 2. As usual, I'm going to laugh at how terrible this game is and how Enhanced Edition never really fixed anything, at least in the part of the game I've played. It's just my opinion of course. Now a bit of a foreword.

Witcher "community"( the non-game one) is divided more or less equally, usually people either prefer the first couple of novels with all the fairy-tale mockery or the later more straightfaced war-politics-mages-spaceelves-unicorns rollercoaster. You can't have a Witcher-novels discussion without a bloody holywar about what part is better and what part is a waste of spacetime. Personally I'm okay with both but I do prefer the later ones. Ok, so about the game.

I'm three hours in, Dark difficulty mod, I'm not enjoying it at all. I'd say Witcher 2 first level is worse than Peragus Mining Station from KOTOR 2. It has more CINEMATIC EPIC cutscenes than gameplay, QTE's, strictly linear level design, scripted sequences, unopenable doors, abilites tha I can't use on certain enemies, autosaves before unskippable checkpoints, counterintuative instadeath dragon sequences and of course times when you can't save your game.

There are also other bad things. The music is horrible, I had to turn it off. The combat is a rollfest. Hell, Mars War Logs has better combat, at least you can actually roll between two enemies there without getting stuck or hitting invisible wall. I can't stand the small FOV. Sound is glitchy, for example I can't hear people talking behind me at all. Terrible inventory and UI. There was also an attempt at stealth, made for no reason. But thats not what I hate most.

What I hate most is just how much this game is taking from novels verbatim and throws it on me in an attempt to remind me that I'm playing a Witcher game. Geralt arrives at first proper level( a middle of nowhere) and almost right off the bat meets three or four major characters from the novels. And Dandellion is about to be hanged. Again. Some quotes are word for word. Mother of god, make me unplay this game.
    Sounds like you don't like the game. So I wouldn't play it if I were you. I think it's definitely a case of you rather than the game, and it also sounds like you want it to be something which it never professes to be-its a mangum opus linear story, so not sure why you're surprised at the use of the devices/nature of gameplay youmention given that- but regardless, if you're not enjoying it, don't play it, and play something you do, life's too short : )

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Kotor

/tenchar
    KOTOR it is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Woho. Theme Hospital beaten!!

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    KOTOR it is.
    Yay! I changed the future.

Also, one small recommendation: Try to avoid leveling up as much as possible during the first area of the game. Once you're out of Taris you'll understand.

Dissenting opinions are welcomed.

Network Hub
    I'll keep that in mind. Is there anything else I should know going in? Any particular classes/skills/paths that I should avoid or invest in for the most interesting experience?