Page 741 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 2416416917317397407417427437517918411241 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,820 of 25150
    After Morrowind decided to crash consistently and randomly, I put it in the limbo folder for now. Instead, I started up Evil Genius. It's fun, I guess. Except there's not much to do once you got your lair running and then it's just waiting for things to happen. Hmm.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I hope you're using a money cheat for Evil Genius. I couldn't play it at all if I had to wait hours and hours just for money to come in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I hope you're using a money cheat for Evil Genius. I couldn't play it at all if I had to wait hours and hours just for money to come in.
    ?

beaten it without cheats. either i sucked at everything or you doing it wrong :) as I always had to do something. training your guys, sending them on mission, fighting off intrusions.

Evil Genius has one of the coolest main menu soundtrack ever. used to listen it everytime i started the game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0Ubkfo8m8

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    15 hours and the enemy went out with a whimper

Great Sins game. Very tense for most of the game and lots of big fights. Vasari may now be my favourite faction because mobile starbases are wonderful things. Wish I could turn mines off though.

Now to play something completely different.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    XCOMEU

Second Slingshot mission is bugged, can't start the train. Uninstalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Minerva:Metastasis mod for HL2EP1.

Woah, this is actually a great mod, so far it Combines atmoshperic exploration and fastpaced combat perfectly. If only I could disable the HUD without disabling a crosshair and those story messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Well, I think I'm about done with Sins: Rebellion unfortunately. It's a neat game, and they've done so much to improve on the original Sins of a Solar Empire, but the AI is still dumb as a doorstop and there's a limit to how much fun can be had fighting a stupid opponent with a ton of resource bonuses. I got my $10 worth out of it, but I'm glad I didn't pay more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Minerva:Metastasis mod for HL2EP1.

...so far it Combines...
    I see what you did there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    More The Third Age: Total War. Just finished two massive sieges. In the first I had to take Carn Dm, a bitch of a fortress on the northern tip of the Misty Mountains and the seat of power for the Orcs of Gundabad. This fiendishly constructed labyrinth limits the directions one might strike from, and funnels the attackers with it's multiple inner walls into a constant barrage of tower fire from all sides. My siege towers were up in flames before they even got close, so I was reduced to ladders to take control of key gatehouses.

For the second siege I was defending Mount Gundabad itself with 400 dwarves and nary an arrow between them, against a host of 2000 orcs. Nothing fancy, they threw everything they had in a full frontal assault and I clogged the gatehouse with their bodies. Pretty much all the dwarves were nobles surrounding half a dozen generals who're exceptionally good at grinding the enemy down.

It is a crap game, but I am now starting to warm to Brutal Legend. I know a few people have said this a few times, but they actually seem to know their stuff. The soundtrack is crammed with good stuff and the social commentary on certain scenes (hair metal being a safe and bland excuse to party for money and coke despite being quite flaccid, all the mopey goths existing because their queen got dumped by some guy etc...). While the car handling is rubbish there is something damned great about driving across a landscape from a crusty old thrash LP cover listening to Slayer as I jump over giant magma pits.
    Its still garbage if you don't like metal / don't have any interest in metal.

Also trying to burn off Torchlight II as half the co-workers who also bought it over chrimbo gave it up after 30 mins. Got a mostly fire based Embermage that lays waste to almost all enemies, also a few points in Thunder Locus for good measure. I have so much focus and mana back that I'm finding it impossible to go OOM.
    Its not a bad upgrade on the original Torchlight, however it still seems a bit easy (should have played on a harder difficulty). Also I'm kinda burnt out on these gear grind games after playing too many MMOs / Diablo II so much. Can see the appeal, but after Dark Souls it seems very vapid.
    Playing it single player is also bland as hell.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 11-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Network Hub
    Just finished playing through Shadow of the Colossus for the first time.
    It really is a magnificent game. I had tears in the corner of my eyes several times during my 8-hour play, and the balance between calm and epic is perfect.

It truly is one of the best games I've ever played.

Network Hub
    Quick question about the The Third Age mod, does it do anything to fix the battle AI from the base game? I've always enjoyed a few hours of TW but the long term enjoyment quickly disappears when I'm fighting group after group of AI soldiers who just sit there while my archers kill them from range.

Finished Borderlands 2's Captain Scarlet DLC and I have mostly positive thongs to say about it. I think it's a perfect example for a content DLC:
    - Plenty of content. It took me around 10 hours to complete the main quest + side quests and there are a couple more that show up after you finish the main quest line.
    - Plenty of new assets and not too much recycling of existing stuff.
    - Kept in line with the general feeling of the game.

The only down-side I can think of is boring backtracking in some places, but it's something that plagues other sections of BL2.

Also started stacking and fell in love with the aesthetics and the general ides, but it's a shame the puzzles are not more sophisticated (but I only played the first two areas so far).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asokn View Post
    Quick question about the The Third Age mod, does it do anything to fix the battle AI from the base game? I've always enjoyed a few hours of TW but the long term enjoyment quickly disappears when I'm fighting group after group of AI soldiers who just sit there while my archers kill them from range.
    Pretty much the same. On normal the AI has the collective intelligence of a cinnamon swirl. The intro to the campaign tells you it's supposed to be fought on very hard, and that keeps the unforgivable dumbassery down, thank goodness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Having somewhat of a racing themed weekend, playing games like Gran Turismo 5 (PS3), Ridge Racer Unbounded, Need for Speed Shift 2 and F1 2012. Makes it easier to justify the mess created by the wheel with its wires running everywhere!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    My epic triple giant mega DLC packed single playthrough of all three mass effect games has come to a grinding screeching halt as I've re-addicted myself to Binding of Isaac again.

Damnit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    My epic triple giant mega DLC packed single playthrough of all three mass effect games has come to a grinding screeching halt
    Just like ME3 then.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I've dabbled a bit in Don't Starve and Anno 2070 now that I guess I'm done with Neverwinter (it was decent, but the gear collecting in dungeons didn't appeal to me after all).

Don't Starve I still don't really get. I play a couple of days every once in a while, but there's no real spark for me. I keep hoping the game gives me an Amulet of Yendor to chase, but that was probably never the point. It should... well, it should be clearer about that. As a survival game it's okay, but I never feel pressured to go out and explore. It's just something to do once basic need are taken care of, instead of actually being a requirement to fulfill those needs. Then again I haven't seen winter yet, so things might still change.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I've dabbled a bit in Don't Starve and Anno 2070 now that I guess I'm done with Neverwinter (it was decent, but the gear collecting in dungeons didn't appeal to me after all).

Don't Starve I still don't really get. I play a couple of days every once in a while, but there's no real spark for me. I keep hoping the game gives me an Amulet of Yendor to chase, but that was probably never the point. It should... well, it should be clearer about that. As a survival game it's okay, but I never feel pressured to go out and explore. It's just something to do once basic need are taken care of, instead of actually being a requirement to fulfill those needs. Then again I haven't seen winter yet, so things might still change.
    Well in Winter it's quite hard to survive (at least for me) the longest i lasted before dying was 32 days, but that's mostly because i go on trips and i'm either without fire or i'm not paying attention and get attacked. Usually it's something stupid.

BUT i think that the game is pretty good regarding the survival mechanics. Usually when you are in a survival situation you first look for food, water (this game would have been quite better with a water counter) and shelter and after that you look for ways to escape.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Going back to the Binding of Isaac, and rediscovering how disturbing it is. It became a good deal more so after having a child, I must say. It's still excellent, though. I killed Mom's Heart for the first time and unlocked three other characters. It was a good run.

Brutal Legend is welcome to not be the greatest game in the world, if it keeps looking as strikingly excellent as it has so far. What's making me smile most is not the jokes, although they are pretty good. It's the bizarre and fantastic vistas. I play games to see stuff like this and I so rarely do. I'll put up with a lot for that.