Page 52 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 23641
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'll definitely get it day 1, but doubt I'd have time for an MP game in the forseeable future. Between teaching and research I'll be lucky to find a few snatches of time to play SP!
    Boo! Responsibilities? You're no fun :) .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    Boo! Responsibilities? You're no fun :) .
    Gotta pay the bills or I can't buy the games! :)

I just scored the most amazing goal in altitude. I was more than halfway across the map on grotto, stalling, enemies swarming around me, and just before I die I throw the ball in the general direction of the other teams goal. it then travels right the way across the map, bumping into the scenery several times along the way before falling into the goal.

of course I claimed it was intentional, but then who wouldn't?

Just saw that Rift is free until the end of the month as part of their .5 anniversary celebration - I'm going to play that for a while and put Human Revolution on the back burner. I'm really going through it fast and I want to savor it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm on my mission to clear the backlog and so far, that's 3 games I've seen the credits of in the last week! The latest entry is World of Goo which I've had since the first Humble Indie Bundle and then didn't touch until the last couple of months, but over the last two days I've made a concerted effort to try and finish it. And I have. And I am proud!

It's not the most difficult game in the world, far from it, but the difficulty curve is done exceedingly well and the satisfaction of coming over some of the more difficulty levels is definitely as satisfying as it is easy to give a sigh of relief. The writing, such that it is, is generally very humorous and along with the lovely colour palette, really helps give the game some character. Steam says I've played it in total for 6 hours...that's probably about right. Considering in balance I'd have paid about 2 for it, I'm more than happy with my purchase. It's a great little game.

EDIT:

In the backlog are Amnesia and Penumbra: Overture. Considering they're from the same dev team, and from the looks of things on a similar theme, is it worth playing the latter first, or does it make no difference? Is the latter even worth playing with the former? Thoughts, as always, welcome!
    Last edited by The JG Man; 26-08-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

@The JG Man

Amnesia is a much better game than Overture. I personally would find it hard going from Amnesia back to Overture. Overture has some rudimentary combat which, in my opinion, detracts from the atmosphere that the game is trying to create. It's scary alright, but it becomes much less so once you realise how to take down enemies.

Amnesia, by contrast, has no combat at all, which was a wise choice by the devs. That keeps the tension throughout the game, when you know your only combat option is to flee, and find a safe place to hide. It also is an incredbibly atmospheric game, not one for the faint hearted!

If you have time, then play Overture, it's not a bad game, but Amnesia should definitely be the higher priority.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Renaissance Terminator: Brotherhood
    I've put hella hours into this now, hovering up property, my assassins globe trot and appear from nowhere to kill on command, between my crossbow and my twin stabby sticks I can take out a compound of soldiers without drawing any attention.
    Here's the awesome: do them all at once. Whether you have mercenaries walking with your sword and gun drawn with assassins coming out of the wood work all upon the backdrop of panicked civilians or you are a Sam fisher esque over equipped ninja with fire. support or finally a chameleon moving in the crowd with some wenches drawing off the guards attention. It's aces.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Useful stuffs
    Ta, then that is what I shall do! Amnesia then Penumbra. Considering their lengths of completion, shouldn't be too hard to knock them out by the end of the next week. Which would be nice.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Deus Ex : Human Revolution.

WHY DID I GET BORDERLANDS?!

It's like Torchlight, except an FPS. The constant clicking on items, spamming the same move (well when your only action ability barely does any damage, there's not much point using it) and levelling up is exactly the same feel. I went with the Sniper guy, only because of the speciality in revolvers. Sunk 6 hours into it today. SIX! Good lord. There are a few glaring issues, I find (aim assist?!) but on the whole it's good, crack-like fun.