Page 750 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 2506507007407487497507517527608008501250 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 15,000 of 25147
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    I imagine Dark Souls playing like a game made entirely of awesome hack'n'slash boss fights, but for adults. Accurate?

Actually I should probably just play it...
    It's not a hack and slash but you should play it and visit the Dark Souls Thread.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Now Im playing:
    1) Sleeping Dogs
    2) Hitman 5
    3) World of Warcraft
    I was wondering about Dark Sould and now everything is clear. I will definitely buy and play DS thanks to you guys:)

The closest thing there is to Dark Souls is probably Gothic/Risen, with a similar difficulty curve and approach to combat in general.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post

I would suggest youtubing a video of a Smough and Ornstein boss fight for Dark Souls. That should basically show you the game at its very finest without spoiling anything othe than there being two assholes you fight in a big hall :p
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Totally in love with Blood Dragon.

There are few games which understand and nail tone better. How many trailers/pieces of concept art do you see where the game ends up being nothing like what is portrayed? Blood Dragon is everything the trailers suggest it should be It is, quite simply, the game of this poster:

It is not pretending, or trying to be, anything else, and it is fucking amazing in the way that neon dragons and knifing robots while falling from a Handglider and sliding through the undergrowth while on fire is fucking amazing. It isn’t Citizen Kane, but it is Assault on Precint 13, Robocop and Under Siege rolled into one.

Released from the po facedness of Far Cry’s 3 rubbish plot the combat and physics engine are absolutely flawless. Even the simplest of firefights and takedowns are an absolute adrenaline rush every time, the sense of dynamism and movement in everything you do is just light years ahead of anything else I’ve played and it fits the breathless bombastic violence of Blood Dragon to an absolute T. The soundtrack is insanely good, the voice acting is full on pitch perfect histrionics and snark as it should,( Mihael Biehn obviously had a great time), and the whole package with its mad luminescence and chrome overtones looks absolutely glorious, I’ve never seen anything like it outside of the TV and Films that it’s inspired by.

As a game which uses excellent contemporary gaming techniques to simulate a power 80’s cultural homage, it’s just perfect. Not one complaint, not one moment where it hasn’t just melded into this glorious fever pitched retro future dream of gunfire and dinosuars.
    Last edited by sonson; 21-05-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Have you gotten to the final mission sonson? It contains one of the greatest moments in video gaming ever.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Have you gotten to the final mission sonson? It contains one of the greatest moments in video gaming ever.
    No, I've got two left to go I think. I don't want it to end : ( so am doing all the collectibles and just generally running around and getting into fights and setting things on fire. Although I'll be playing it again on hard for sure.

I did the same for a while. You get to play after it ends though, if there's any of the side missions or collectables you still want to get. The last two missions are both great fun but the last mission just takes the cake.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Certainly one of the most amusing! I've been reluctant to post screenshots of that sequence, even though it's highly entertaining, because everyone should be able to have that 'Whoah! Are you kidding me?!' experience.

Like Phish said, definitely proceed with the final missions. You'll be able to get back into the open world afterwards.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Certainly one of the most amusing! I've been reluctant to post screenshots of that sequence, even though it's highly entertaining, because everyone should be able to have that 'Whoah! Are you kidding me?!' experience.

Like Phish said, definitely proceed with the final missions. You'll be able to get back into the open world afterwards.
    Oh, didn't know that. I was levelling up my skills so I could be a badass Level 30 for the last mission as I thought that was an end to it all. Well that's good then : )

Signal Ops. It's a small overlooked indie gem. RPS should review it. ;) It's like mix of Rainbow Six and Commandos with a unique graphic style. Best feature is that i can see my feet. :D

Despite all it's flaws (and there are many) I still find it hard to take my hands off Brutal Legend (with two dots above the U). The presentation, the characters and looks are great and they definitely deserve to be in a better game with better mechanics and a better graphics engine (many glitches and "hicups").

next on the list will probably be Mark of the ninja.

Mars: War blog is done. It wasn't bad... it certainly wasn't good either... It would be interesting what those guys could do with more time and budget, but they also need better writers. The setting could be interesting but you really don't feel like your actually on Mars... Nothing points to the low gravity, nothing about the sand storms... The giant worm la Dune, comes of nowhere... Oh well. It's done.

I am back in Darksiders. The balance between combat and puzzle is quite excelent. I am approching the second Boss (The Griever) and I am having a blast. I hope Darsiders 2, which I'll play next, is as good.
    Still haven't finished Persona 4 Golden, but I am nearing the True end. I am in february, in Marie's dungeon. I think it's almost over... Amazing production qualities overall, even if it's more lighthearted than persona 3 and that there isn't enough different musics.

I dropped Neverwinter after 19 levels... was fun for a while but i am burned for MMOs, I get borred fast and feel like there are so many other games I could play that give me stories to enjoy and gameplays to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Finished Metro Last Light the other day. Visually it was stunning, especially the surface areas. Somehow they went for a more epic feel this time, especially towards the end. Not bad but somehow I felt it was a bit out of place. Gunplay has improved while enemy AI is gimped completely. On the one hand, this made stealth so much more enjoyable and felt a lot more empowering than the first, on the other had it had ridiculous moments where I was in the light but 'hidden' or I could sneak up to some enemy from the front and stab them in the face. Overall it felt less survival and more shooter this time. Not necessarily bad but I think the first one was more tense.

Even on ranger, it seemed to me that you could find more medikits, filters and bullets than in the 1st one. I was glad they provided in this one more than one way of tackling a level, there's always some other route to by-pass enemies or go above them. Also exploring every nook and cranny was rewarding and something worthwhile.

For me the most unforgivable sin was the parts with the mutants and the boss fights. The boss fights had no place in the game and they were by far the most frustrating parts of a really nice game. It is also a shame that they created those amazing environments, especially on the surface, but you could never really look around as you were chased by some monster or other. And those 'wait for boat/elevator while fighting waves of annoying mutants', my god, who had that idea. I thought we had moved beyond those things.

One especially enjoyable level was the garden and the narration during it. It provided some nice context to some of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    No. Nope. No no no. Nope nope. No nope. Screw this noise. And nope.
    I'm done. It's over. No more.
    I just can't take wasting my time with Lost Odyssey anymore.

It's awful. Maybe the story gets more interesting later, but the gameplay is just loathsome. The Thousand Dream things are occasionally a good read, but they do not balance out the shit this game has put me through in the first 6 hours. We've had:

Mediocre combat system straight out of the dullest part of the -90s.
    Boss fight where success basically depends on how assholeish the boss is feeling.
    Crappy savepoint system.
    Boss fight which basically requires grinding...
    ..then it pulls the double-boss dickmove.
    A (minor?) antagonist who looks like this:

A totally serious Queen who looks like this:

A stealth section, because the standard JRPG fixed-point camera is just so well adapted for that sort of thing.
    And finally, a random encounter fight which requires grinding for it not to be an impossible chore.

So that's it. I haven't made it to disc 2 and it's been so bad I think I'm done with JRPGs in general. Or at least critically acclaimed ones as those critics must be so far up their own asses that they could tonguefuck a lung.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I think I'm done with JRPGs in general. Or at least critically acclaimed ones as those critics must be so far up their own asses that they could tonguefuck a lung.
    *Shakes hand* Welcome to the club. Good to have you aboard.

I'm still playing Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward.

What. The. Fuck??? I know it's not the point that I'm supposed to "win", but my fucking guy finally gets 9BP to get out and he gets knocked out!? Everyone else is free to fucking superman jump or superman speed their way over to the door and leave, but I just get clocked around the back of the head?

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    A (minor?) antagonist who looks like this:

Heihachi?

So that's it. I haven't made it to disc 2 and it's been so bad I think I'm done with JRPGs in general. Or at least critically acclaimed ones as those critics must be so far up their own asses that they could tonguefuck a lung.
    Good job, you came to the conclusion that grind fests are bad.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Heihachi?
    My exact thought! That hair is borderline trademark infringement. It's a good choice for a bad guy, though. No one fucks with a guy that can stab them to death with his do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Grabbed The Walking Dead last week. "Adventures in Babysitting" is about right. Wish Lee would stop tripping on things.

Found out that the source of my problems with unemployment relates to how much rich people are living in the city rather than the jobs themselves. Time to raise taxes
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga