Page 752 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 252652702742750751752753754762802852 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,040 of 22716
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Today I discovered that in Zero Escape: Virtues Last Whatever, there is in fact a magic "auto" button that I never noticed before. The magic auto button disables the requirement to press X seven hundred million times to progress the text of the story and just does it for you.
    That reminds me, there's a working 3DS emulator floating around. It also reminds me of the only reason I've seen to get a 3DS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It's a very good game.

It gets a bit tedious that a lot of the events between the puzzles play out the same way, but then there's also variations of what can happen. The story is brilliant too, at least I think it is. if I could ever figure it out.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I just watched Rebuild of Evangelion, fresh off playing a bit of Killer 7. I think I can handle anything that Japan can throw at me.

Also, I believe the 3DS version has an english dub that's meant to be alright. The Vita one is only japanese, so even with my new found favourite "auto" button I have to pay attention in case something changes in the story.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I actually prefer subtitles and generally dislike-detest dubs.

All I can say about SC4 now is that water supplies are complete BS right now. Worse than pissy doctors
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Finished Brutal legend and I feel a bit sad that all those, happy looking, people in the credits (Double fine staff) couldn't create a better game, or at least fix it for the PC release. I still found it enjoyable though...

Started Mark of the ninja and so far (completed 4 missions) I think it's a perfect ninja game. I just hope it won't go the Assassin's creed way and become bloated with silly gadgets.

Just finished Sleeping Dags yesterday. I got pretty engaged with the story without meaning to. The focus on hand to hand rather than gun combat was also a lot of fun. Driving and racing were also a lot of fun. Definitely worth picking up.

Also, I paid no attention to changing the radio and got a surprise when I heard Opeth in one of the cars. Didn't realise how many songs were on it until I saw the credits roll last night, haha.

Tropico 4 next along with a return to some TF2 methinks!

Two factions taken down, one day. Tau Empire. Goddamn. Now I'm gonna rip the Orkz a new one!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I've been playing "Team Fortress 2". It's interesting. There are a variety of classes and weapons available allowing for a number of different approaches to combat.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Trying to get through Insanity difficulty in the Mass Effect series. Holy fuck, is that appropriately named.
    Some missions are a pain in the ... I played a second run of ME2 in insanity with my (mostly) renegade Sentinel. I was just longer to down some ennemies. I started my second run of ME3 with the same character (my first one was in veteran with my vanguard) and some missions are difficult but i guess it depends of when you play which. The one on Salarian planet was quite easy while the Grissom Academy was a hell (I must have played the main part in the open space half a dozen times...)

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    In my tiresomely tireless search for a more recent Escape Velocity: Nova-esque game I've just picked up X3TC and AP. I've only watched a couple of videos but it sounds like EVE Offline, and EVE Online has always struck me as a more advanced, massively expensive in terms of both time and money EVN. I'm also hoping it'll be like a playable, more complex Evochron Mercenary, I thought that was going to be similar to EVN but I bounced off it pretty hard because I was all like what the hell even is this anyway? I might give it another proper go later on.

Rising Storm Beta still.
    Japanese are stupidly powerful, but only if you play as a team or pay attention to the finer details of how to play as them. Result: Americans win most of the time.
    Only issue with the beta atm are some of the maps are heavily bias toward one side or the other.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Also on PC land, I'm trying to win Civ V through a Cultural victory, but it's proving difficult when everyone else keeps building all my bloody Wonders before me >:|
    There are certain slingshots you can do to get the tech advantage over them that you can then use to grow faster and start hoovering up the Wonders before your opponents even know what to do. Bee-line to Writing, and time your Great Library to complete when you've done all the pre-requisites for Civil Service. It'll give you a massive growth boost compared to your neighbors which you can then turn into tech and production advantages while you backcap all the techs you didn't get.

Consequently, I've been playing Civ 5. I prefer China and the Inca, as China's paper maker keeps costs in line until markets are available (and their Chokunus keep the double-attack even as they're upgraded), and since they patched terrace farming, Incan farms are the most efficient land improvements in the game.
    Last edited by Nalano; 23-05-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I've been playing "Team Fortress 2". It's interesting. There are a variety of classes and weapons available allowing for a number of different approaches to combat.
    Are you trying to immitate a spambot? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    There are certain slingshots you can do to get the tech advantage over them that you can then use to grow faster and start hoovering up the Wonders before your opponents even know what to do. Bee-line to Writing, and time your Great Library to complete when you've done all the pre-requisites for Civil Service. It'll give you a massive growth boost compared to your neighbors which you can then turn into tech and production advantages while you backcap all the techs you didn't get.

Consequently, I've been playing Civ 5. I prefer China and the Inca, as China's paper maker keeps costs in line until markets are available (and their Chokunus keep the double-attack even as they're upgraded), and since they patched terrace farming, Incan farms are the most efficient land improvements in the game.
    Probably a dumb question but are you enjoying it? I keep wanting to get back into it but the AI was so poor a year and a half back that I got fed up. Do you feel like all of the potential paths to victory are viable? It just felt like everything devolved into a big military pile up the last time I played, and if I wanted to play a war game Iíd play a proper one. Iím eager to give it another go on the grounds that itís a more Civ like experience after the raft of patching and Gods and Kings (which I have, bought cheap in sale.) Would you recommend I return to it?

I still enjoy Civ apart from the dumbshit AI.

In my last game (last week before I started a new game), Mongolia decided to start a 1,000 year war with me. My entire civilization was on an island and it was impossible to get past my fleet of ships. They threw wave after wave of frigate at me, and kept trying to send embarked land units over. After about 200 years of this, they decided to open their offer of peace. At this stage I had lost maybe 2 units to their 20+. Their offer was to give me a 10 turn peace treaty in exchange for 10 turns of peace, a city, 200 gold, 5 gold a turn and all my natural resources. I said no and the war went on. Eventually around the 1,000 year mark, when I decided I'd have enough of levelling my guys and sent some land units near their border, they settled for just peace on both sides.

So as far as I can see, the AI is still as mad/dumb as a bag of fish.
    This is with the G&K expansion.

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Probably a dumb question but are you enjoying it? I keep wanting to get back into it but the AI was so poor a year and a half back that I got fed up. Do you feel like all of the potential paths to victory are viable? It just felt like everything devolved into a big military pile up the last time I played, and if I wanted to play a war game I’d play a proper one. I’m eager to give it another go on the grounds that it’s a more Civ like experience after the raft of patching and Gods and Kings (which I have, bought cheap in sale.) Would you recommend I return to it?
    I almost never play a military victory. I much prefer cultural or space victories, and tend to choose large maps and long games so as to maximize the potential breakaway income you can get with sprawling, (largely) peaceful, well-run empires. Warlike cultures are still warlike even when they have no chance (though in my last game, Genghis Khan stuck to bullying city-states and only got into a war with Sejong because Sejong liked defending city states), but they tend to be more obsequious when you station a lot of units in their visual range.

If you've already got Gods & Kings, I'd definitely give it another go. The AI's not so irrational now, and is a fair bit more assertive.
    Last edited by Nalano; 23-05-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    You guys should keep talking about this (seriously) there's something great about Civ that makes it interesting as hell to read about. I actually haven't played much at all since Gods & Kings but I think I might well do that.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    You guys should keep talking about this (seriously) there's something great about Civ that makes it interesting as hell to read about. I actually haven't played much at all since Gods & Kings but I think I might well do that.
    What, like this?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl