Page 753 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755763803853 ... LastLast
Results 15,041 to 15,060 of 23592
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Wahah, time to lose all of my free time!
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Wahah, time to lose all of my free time!
    I added pictures, just for you.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Time to clear out another item from the backlog, namely Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    Graphics are low-rez, but that is expected for something made in 1997. Now to get into the nostalgia of something I played when I was younger and...
    OH GOD CHECKPOINTS OF HELL!!!

I really need Shock Resist whenever I level up. Fucking Dung beetles *mumble grumble*
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Are you trying to immitate a spambot? :)
    jim's story may sound incredable but my brother quit his job and is now making over four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon for twelve seconds
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

I'm playing The incredible adventures of Van Helsing and OH BOY I like it so much.

It's a hack'n'slay which looks a bit like Titan Quest/the upcoming Grim Dawn and has a companion system like Torchlight but much more refined.
    You can tell your companion (a female russian ghost) which stuff to loot, send her to town to sell the loot (and also buy heal and mana potions!)

The graphics are solid, same as music and gameplay.
    There's plenty of loot and you can "charge" the attacks on your left and right mouse button with "rage" so that they will do AOE damage or just get a damage increase, etc.

It's 13,49€ on Gamersgate & Steam right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Finished XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The final mission was far easier than expected, though an unfortunate combination of Mind Control and multiple soldiers on Overwatch resulted in the death of the Support Medic. I might load up an earlier save to finish it properly, just because. Pretty fun game all in all, if a bit repetitive. Definitely a nice take on the turn-based combat genre with pretty comprehensive overarching 'base' mechanics.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    My gaming computer is dead, so I play KOTOR1 on my laptop.
    Plus side: KOTOR.
    Minus side: my laptop is a mac, so barely any mod working (or too much fuss to make one work) and no KOTOR 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Silgidorn View Post
    My gaming computer is dead, so I play KOTOR1 on my laptop.
    Plus side: KOTOR.
    Minus side: my laptop is a mac, so barely any mod working (or too much fuss to make one work) and no KOTOR 2...
    But the best part of Kotor is Kotor2!

I've got into Risen over the past couple of days. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a great RPG. There are certainly a lot of very obvious flaws. Basically I'd call it a poor man's Witcher (or an even poorer man's Witcher 2). But it sort of scratches my itch for that sort of game.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Played Sanctum 2's demo earlier. Two maps? I'm supposed to weigh a potential purchase based on two levels? And one tower slot?

Well, if you insist...

As I suspected, it didn't really do it for me. Sanctum was about planning and executing a strategy as perfectly as possible by preventing and containing chaos. Sanctum 2 wants to push you into open areas and the corridors of your maze for FPS action, where you can't keep an eye on your turrets to see what's happening or working.

Managing a tight defense and falling back to your planned attack points has turned into chasing enemies around. More than half the damage being done by the player kind of says it all. In Sanctum it was more like 20-30%, IIRC. Shooting well was crucial, but the game facilitated doing so while you were watching over what was happening on the map and planning future strategy--which is kind of the most interesting part of tower defense, no?

In trying to innovate they seem to have removed or altered much of what made the original what it was. Maybe it's a decent game in its own right, but it's kind of hard to tell based on two beginner maps. I'll keep my eye out for a good sale.

Obscure Node
    I have been playing The Sims 3 Worlds Bundle...ever since Sims first came out I just loved playing all the different games. Plus in my opinion it is one of the best games to play on a PC. I bought the game from <a href="http://shopto.net/video%20games/pc/P...worlds-bundle/" target="_blank">ShopTo</a> quite good price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    jim's story may sound incredable but my brother quit his job and is now making over four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon for twelve seconds
    Thanks for clarifying! Nicely done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Playing Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed on and off. Can anyone tell me what causes the all-star thingy? Also, does the license grade have any effect other than a false sense of ability?

Been playing the new Karateka.
    Quite simple, perhaps too much but somehow it's quite addictive. I NEED to beat it with the first character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Playing Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed on and off. Can anyone tell me what causes the all-star thingy? Also, does the license grade have any effect other than a false sense of ability?
    The worse you are doing, the more chance you have to get the All-Star when you pick up a bonus. Some characters also have a greater chance to trigger it. It basically is the blue turtle shell of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    The worse you are doing, the more chance you have to get the All-Star when you pick up a bonus. Some characters also have a greater chance to trigger it. It basically is the blue turtle shell of that game.
    Oh, alrighty then. What about drifting? Any benefits beside the ability to take slighty harder turns? I've been doing alright without it, but the a-class races are a bit much atm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Drifting also gives you a boost. The longer you're drifting, the bigger the boost.
    Pretty much mandatory in a game like this to take all curves drifting.

Oh.. Huh.. That might come in handy. Not a veteran of the genre, so that kind of insights elude me. I don't think I've ever played a kart game sober before this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Yeah, you'll soon learn to drift whenever you can. Also, whenever you jump, make sure to flip as much as you can to also get a boost when you land. Do the same when transforming.