Page 763 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765773813863 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,260 of 23128
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickgeneral View Post
    You know, I tried Assassin's Creed I and it just didn't grab me. Although I did like the feel that I could roam about, my limited abilities and its stray from historical accuracy just drew me away.
    Not an uncommon problem in open world games is that they tend to be, as I've heard someone describe it, an ocean wide but a foot deep. There's some overarching story to Assassin's Creed to give players a sense of progression and of change in the world, but if historical inaccuracy is a turn-off then that won't help much either. The 'sneak, kill, run, hide, repeat' pattern is rather blatant as well, but so far the atmosphere and the fun of running and messing about keep me interested.

Ezio has just suffered his 'Big Loss' and has embarked on his 'Quest for Revenge', only to find it's all part of a 'Bigger Conspiracy'. Of course.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Eh, by Revelations Ezio was bored and looking for new ways to stab dudes.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    I'm still obsessively playing Isaac. Haven't 100%'ed it yet. Super looking forward to this Isaac-inspired kickstarter though:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rker-purpose-0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Football Manager,managing Olimpija from Ljubljana,already fifth season,we were winner of our league four times,cup winners four times,we came to champions league to group stage twice and twice Europa league group stage,i made 30 million profit in 4 years for club. Our youth facilities are awesome,i am motherfucking pep guardiola of slovenia!!

I'm messing around in the demo of Drox Operative. I was having fun in the first star system, but as soon as I got to a second one (having been given a couple of quests there), everyone was shooting at me at once and was a lot tougher than me. Am I doing something wrong, or is it always like this, or random and I just got unlucky? I think I'm level 4 at the moment, in case that's relevant.

Edit: Never mind, having played another few games, it's definitely not that way every time. This being a Soldak game, I shouldn't have been surprised.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 02-06-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Football Manager,managing Olimpija from Ljubljana,already fifth season,we were winner of our league four times,cup winners four times,we came to champions league to group stage twice and twice Europa league group stage,i made 30 million profit in 4 years for club. Our youth facilities are awesome,i am motherfucking pep guardiola of slovenia!!
    Bravo, im attempting my own eastern european assault on contintental football with a tiny Ukrainian side. Reached a stumbling block as im only getting 2,000 fans after reaching the top tier :\

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Inside a Star-filled Sky is making my brain hurt real quick. That can't be a healthy thing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifa View Post
    Bravo, im attempting my own eastern european assault on contintental football with a tiny Ukrainian side. Reached a stumbling block as im only getting 2,000 fans after reaching the top tier :\

Finally someone who plays football games beside me on this boards!! Do you play pes as well ?

What club are you managing otherwise ? Maybe i beat you :P haha

Right now i am in group stage for champions league and i got PSG,Arsenal and Sporting. Already had two games and lost both,but just little margin,they really had to give everything to beat me.

Sporting 3-2 Olimpija
    PSG 2-1 Olimpija
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 02-06-2013 at 05:33 PM.

I just find watching football much more interesting. When I play it's usually certain that I will win, only the severity is uncertain. In real life, you can guess but you can never know for certain how a match will turn out. Football is basically a live-action roguelike.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by dhruvpatel123 View Post
    I like minsweeper.
    Best game. So much depth and complexity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Rising Storm

One of my friends once told me that when some heavy industrial hi-tech machine broke down in the factory he worked in, they actually ordered a licensed tech service from Japan to fix it. And when said licensed tech support guy arrived and started fixing the thing he talked non-stop to himself while working. And my friend told me that he understood roughly 80% give or take. So, I guess watching those "chinese cartoons" can occasionally be helpful. I understand a bit less than 50% of things Japanese soldiers shout in this game.

If RO2 is the same as RS then thank god I didn't buy RO2. It's ok but not something I really want to play for long. Realistic WW2 war games are not my forte. In Action mod I ran around and hid behind rocks waiting for a ZING!! sound to rush out of cover and poke people with a bayonet. Worked couple of times. Can't even imagine doing this in a game with more familiar setting like RO2's Stalingrad. War in the Pacific is something like Star Wars for me, even though we participated. RO2 I still won't even touch, too close to home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    In Action mod I ran around and hid behind rocks waiting for a ZING!! sound to rush out of cover and poke people with a bayonet. Worked couple of times.
    Try Classic mode if you want to play it correctly, plus most Classic servers lack the moronic bots. I think most Action servers will dry up in a month or so.

So... The Walking Dead. Clementine hates me. Of course she does. I am a horrible person. Also, I intended to stop playing about three hours ago. But then The Walking Dead happened. It's great. So great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just finished AC3: The Tyranny of King Washington.

I didn't much like the lack of Desmond (or the inclusion of Boring McBoring Pants), but it was enjoyable. And, I agree with Ubi that it was a satisfying end to Connor's story.

Also, I find myself REALLY looking forward to AC: Henry Rollins.

Also: Ha ha, the ending credits are so long that my controller went to sleep.
    Last edited by gundato; 03-06-2013 at 04:06 AM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

AC credits have always been interminable, I remember the credits for Brotherhood were about 15 minutes long!

Edward Kenway is a really good name. I have a 'thing' for names and Connor Kenway was a miserable one. Ezio is still the best, of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    won a science victory in Call to Power 2. Did not enjoy last part where you had to take over 60% of the world with your monoliths.
    but you could not own more than 60 towns as unhappiness will simply make your cities revolt from time to time.

Fun game but mediocre game.

After reading the book, I've gone back to Metro 2033 for a replay on Ranger easy mode. As some people suggested, I switched the voices to Russian, but after a few minutes I switched back to English. Not all the vocal lines are subtitled, especially those from random NPC's in the stations. I want to find as much references to the book, so I want to understand everything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    X-Com:EU has now crashed out three different times during three different events. Once during a fight after I carefully moved everyone up in over watch at all times (except my hero Assault guy who is a machine), once when leaving the research room and once after a UFO was shot down. This is all within about five hours total play time.

I'm glad I only paid about seven euro for this, but it's still a real shame that the thing seems to crap out so much.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm still playing Neverwinter - I often ask myself WHY, as it's got so much that's broken about it, but the core gameplay is bloody excellent.

It really is an ARPG with an MMO camera, action is tight, skill is required, lots of ways to play each class, lots of stuff to do.

All the broken bits relate to the way they've crowbarred the need for 'real cash', a generally poor approach to forming groups and a lazy approach to bosses which consists of 'massive health bars and endless adds' which is also seasoned with 'dodgy aggrro management'.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    trying to play HOMM3 and man... that game is hard.

Doing campaign and dear god im bad at it. Started to play at hard but had to change to medium as it was a bit too much for first playthrough (played it ten years ago last time so while i remember mechanics quiet well i dont remember how to actually play it efficiently)
    oh yeah.
    im on a first mission.