Page 764 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 264664714754762763764765766774814864 ... LastLast
Results 15,261 to 15,280 of 23328
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just hit point after constant play of FM that is time to stop :o Suddenly this realization came that i don't want to play game anymore..strange.

Then i went to sleeping dogs and beat people one hour lol. Still driving sucks big time. And i don't care for story at all,i just skipped cutscenes so i can beat people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    trying to play HOMM3 and man... that game is hard.

Doing campaign and dear god im bad at it. Started to play at hard but had to change to medium as it was a bit too much for first playthrough (played it ten years ago last time so while i remember mechanics quiet well i dont remember how to actually play it efficiently)
    oh yeah.
    im on a first mission.
    I remember HOMM3 being relatively easy compared to add-ons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    HoMM 2 - oh dear god the pain.

HOTLINE MIAMI - Ahem, Hotline Miami is pretty entertaining. I was expecting it to be much more punch-the-screen difficult, though. So far I've been able to complete the levels in about two dozen tries, which isn't even nearly enough to make it frustrating. The element of surprise is really the most deadly thing to have in this game.

I just hope it doesn't make a habit of crashing to desktop and leaving a stuttering audio loop behind, because this is the second time it's happened tonight. I have to restart to get rid of the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    HOTLINE MIAMI - Ahem, Hotline Miami is pretty entertaining. I was expecting it to be much more punch-the-screen difficult, though. So far I've been able to complete the levels in about two dozen tries, which isn't even nearly enough to make it frustrating. The element of surprise is really the most deadly thing to have in this game.

I just hope it doesn't make a habit of crashing to desktop and leaving a stuttering audio loop behind, because this is the second time it's happened tonight. I have to restart to get rid of the sound.
    I agree, it isn't that difficult. A bit of patience is required and you die a few times, but it's more good hard than tantrum hard. The "end" boss is a bitch though. Terrific game with just the difficulty level I was hoping for and an interesting story. I had no problems with bugs or glitches, but from what I hear, that's quite common.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Renegade playthrough of ME3 and oh I how I love Biotic Charge Vanguards. Focus on melee, shotgun and power recharge speed. Biotic Charge should take 7.5 seconds to recharge, mine is less than 2 seconds. Couple that with 100% barrier recharge and the typical engagement for me involves a femshep blur zipping around the map; charging, punching, shotgunning then charging off to somewhere else. Doesn't work great against bigger beasties like Harvesters, but I regularly lamp the shit out of Brutes and almost took down an Atlas until it cheated and instakilled me, the wee prick.
    Much more fun than Infiltrator Shep, although with more death.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    I am apparently playing addon! Shadow of death. Thats why I am having problems and it takes ages on first mission of first campaign. Gonna beat it tough before playing the core game!
    (it was first in the list so I assumed it is the original campaign. too late to change that now.)

I'm playing Hotline Miami and finding it infuriating. It's just so fucking hard! That first level with the dog - I must have replayed it over 150 times before I cleared it

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    I actually started to play through the very first campaign a few months ago (The Restoration of Erathia I think) and up until the last or one before that I ran into a wall.
    I'd rank myself as a skilled player, usually building up my army steadily but with very minor losses. I've had no problem with AI enemies before but this one mission is just impossible with my strategy. According to a walk-through I read after failing for many times, the best way to beat it is to rush them as soon as possible. Otherwise they'll build up an army which is impossible to beat. I actually gave up at this point but I really hate the idea where you're in a big disadvantage and you only have few possible ways to beat it (rush the enemy, having heroes with specific skills etc.). Makes it much more of a puzzle I feel.

Also, Lukasz, just in case you're not aware, there is a HD mod for HoMM3 which works really well with my game (I've got the HoMM3: Complete from Gog). Being able to change the resolution from the default 800x600 makes it much better. Here's the link: https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/
    Last edited by Maurish; 04-06-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sonic Generations is great, a lovely mix of gameplay styles if only it didn't keep locking up.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    There's actually one particular challenge (Seaside Hill, I think) where the game will lock up completely with a high probability. See this thread for more information. I experienced no crashes apart from that, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Got some mail today. The Walking Dead DRM Free (hugs) and StarDrive... requiring Steam.

DA FUCK?! I am so goddamn sick of disc versions of Indi games making this mandatory. If I knew, I wouldn't have bought it.

I didn't know there was a DRM free version of TWD. Why wasn't it included in the Humble?

No idea! All I can tell you is this disc version does not require Steam, or any use of the Internet. I had to check to see what you're talking about because typically Humble Bundles make a point of being DRM free.

"Play these adventures DRM-free and on Steam. Your purchase will get you these wonderful games DRM-free and on Steam for Windows (except The Walking Dead, which is only available on Steam)"
    Well at least they admitted Steam is DRM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Got some mail today. The Walking Dead DRM Free (hugs) and StarDrive... requiring Steam.

DA FUCK?! I am so goddamn sick of disc versions of Indi games making this mandatory. If I knew, I wouldn't have bought it.
    Because Valve have good deals for helping publish developers' works.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I have tried so many space 4X type games, but with two all-night sessions under my belt I think Distant Worlds may turn out to be the one that endures. Good job, considering how much it costs. It is simple enough at the start, but holds the promise of increasing complexity. Most importantly, it conveys the impression of unimaginably vast distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Because Valve have good deals for helping publish developers' works.
    What is the point of me buying the disc version? What it the purpose of it's existence? Who is it for? Either way you still need to have an Internet connection, have a Steam account, and activate it with Steam. There is exactly one singular difference between these two versions - mine has an Owl card tucked inside.

Woopty doo! It was almost worth waiting the extra month for the boxed version to come out!

GRID 1 (new at GoG)
    I've been playing racing sims for the past 10 years. At first I couldn't belive why anyone would want to play this shite. It took some time to accept it is totally arcade and then I had some fun. Also: hyper-coolness culture-shock.

Been playing Mechwarrior: Living Legends, as always. Multiplayer is still fine in Europe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    What is the point of me buying the disc version?
    Some people like having a disc. We should pity those people.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    After watching a couple of youtube videos on EU4, I decided to jump back in to Europa Universalis 3. Playing as England. My Irish brothers had some trouble uniting their island under one rule so I decided to step in and help them a little. Now we are all one big happy family. Also attacked Scotland and made them my vassal. I still need one of their provinces though, so might have to declare war on them later on. Normally at this point I would detach myself from the politics of the mainland and concentrate on colonizing and trading, but this time I might do something different. France still has several provinces that clearly belong to us so invasion of Normandy might be the next step.
    Last edited by Poppis; 04-06-2013 at 05:53 PM.