Page 772 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 272672722762770771772773774782822872 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,440 of 23667
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Revenants bastards all the time, hardest things in the game by a long shot I'd say. They're flat out immune to cold and Nature damage, so depending on your favoured lore that could be the problem. They're vulnerable to fire. Best strategy at higher levels against them I find is cast things like misdirection so they can't hurt you and to try and hold them in place with crushing prison or glyphs of warding while buffing your party with kinetic or fire weapons. If you've specced Leliana right she should be able to do a lot of damage from afar, tank with Alistair, keep healing him with your healer and potions and damage/hold in place with your spells from a distance as well. If you can keep your tank alive then the Rev should be whittled down eventually. Attacks need to be constant though as they can regenerate. Everyone except Alistair is at a distance so you should be able to avoid the pull spell.

Depending on how high Dex leliana is if you give her daggers she could actually tank well as after a certain point high dex can stop you from getting hit enough for it to matter. But then you'd be relying on your tank to damage which would be silly.
    People use a specialty other than fire?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    People use a specialty other than fire?
    Always go with the browny black one myself. Entropy, that's the one. And spirit, with enough primal to get cone of cold. Only ever play with one mage though, too easy otherwise.
    Last edited by sonson; 14-06-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Replaying Human Revolution. Normally I don't care too much about achievements, but if anything deserves to have some sort of reward attached to it, there should be one for searching every one of the thousand desk drawers in that fucking Picus building.

Always go with the browny black one myself. Entropy, that's the one. And spirit, with enough primal to get cone of cold. Only ever play with one mage though, too easy otherwise.
    Yeah, but it's one of those things where "entropy" means "less damage than fire but hella debuffs" and cold means "less damage than fire but hella snares" and spirit means "less damage than fire but no resistances." I don't want to weaken my enemies: I want to blow them up!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Revenants bastards all the time, hardest things in the game by a long shot I'd say. They're flat out immune to cold and Nature damage, so depending on your favoured lore that could be the problem. They're vulnerable to fire. Best strategy at higher levels against them I find is cast things like misdirection so they can't hurt you and to try and hold them in place with crushing prison or glyphs of warding while buffing your party with kinetic or fire weapons. If you've specced Leliana right she should be able to do a lot of damage from afar, tank with Alistair, keep healing him with your healer and potions and damage/hold in place with your spells from a distance as well. If you can keep your tank alive then the Rev should be whittled down eventually. Attacks need to be constant though as they can regenerate. Everyone except Alistair is at a distance so you should be able to avoid the pull spell.

Depending on how high Dex leliana is if you give her daggers she could actually tank well as after a certain point high dex can stop you from getting hit enough for it to matter. But then you'd be relying on your tank to damage which would be silly.
    The cold immunity is a huge part of the problem, I hadn't known that. I'm specced shock/cold for elemental stuff, and then glyphs. I believe I gave Wynne crushing prison, though. Anyway, I appreciate the advice, it's entirely possible the problem is that I'm simply picking the wrong fights to get back into the game with!

Yeah, but it's one of those things where "entropy" means "less damage than fire but hella debuffs" and cold means "less damage than fire but hella snares" and spirit means "less damage than fire but no resistances." I don't want to weaken my enemies: I want to blow them up!

It's funny, I tend to avoid fire mages in RPG's because I cynically assume that it's what the developers expect me to do, and thus that there will be a bunch of fire-immune stuff. Apparently I got burnt badly (ha) on that one this time.

Edit: If folks don't mind, I'd like to move this over to my already-going DA thread rather than clutter this one up (I should have thought of that to begin with!).
    Last edited by vinraith; 14-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    That's just it ya see, I prefer fucking with people before I kill them : )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nalano demonstrates that he understands me. The only time I've ever picked a spec other than fire (in any game involving magic) is when it's like 'chaos-destructo-magic' that doesn't so much set things on fire as rend the fabric of reality in two.

Even then I usually pick fire, because chaos/arcane/purple magic ends up looking butts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Trying to unlock all the ships in FTL at the moment.

I really should play something I can actually finish.

Obscure Node
    So playing Divine Divinity, a warrior, is it possible to make a good warrior/mage character without being demolished in the late game as is often the case when you dont use skill point correctly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattsanta View Post
    So playing Divine Divinity, a warrior, is it possible to make a good warrior/mage character without being demolished in the late game as is often the case when you dont use skill point correctly.
    Not only is it possible, it is pretty much essential as there will be some mobs that just go down a lot faster to a direct damage spell and others where you want to use a combination of the three game breakers, spoilered for your protection

Freeze: max this out ASAP and it makes the boss-like battles MUCH less frustrating. And it is great for crowd control.
    Poison Weapon: This skill lets you apply a poison to a weapon. That makes some fights MUCH easier as you can run like hell while the poison eats away
    Use Trap (or whatever): Death Scorpions (the mechanical scorpion things). Even with only 1 rank of this they can tear through mooks while you sodomize the elites. And for some bosses: Just deploy two or three and attack from range.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Trying to unlock all the ships in FTL at the moment.

I really should play something I can actually finish.
    Been trying to get the last ship a fair few times over the last couple of days as well. Yesterday I actually got the secret alien crew member for the first time ever - after 100 hours of play, according to steam - and then I got torn apart at the very next encounter. Did a few sessions afterwards but the game does nothing but piss me the fuck off now.

I also played a few missions of Oil Rush but, as is common with me and strategy games, I got bored once the game started to present a modicum of challenge. So this one's a nope.

Getting back in touch with Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Not a big fan of the tileset, but luckily there's always the console version available. It's good, I guess, but I'm not particularily fond of the wide and large levels compared to ADoM. Then again, the class, race and god options you have are amazing, with mutations and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    It's funny, I tend to avoid fire mages in RPG's because I cynically assume that it's what the developers expect me to do, and thus that there will be a bunch of fire-immune stuff. Apparently I got burnt badly (ha) on that one this time.
    I totally expect them to do that too, but I also expect that the developers are being smacked upside the head by their marketing gurus who remind them every once in a while that people play these games for the power fantasy and the nebulous concept of "fun."

When you get down to it, if there's an enemy that's immune to both physical AND fire, dollars to donuts he's the end boss and has some stupid trick to him anyway.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Just doing a little revisiting in STALKER:CoP. Lost count on how many times I got killed in the circus just to get an artifact...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm a suffocator and burner in FTL, with a steady diet of EMP. I consider the engee basic ship to be the best in he game.

When you salvage the ship whole salvage is just better.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Going old-school this weekend with Lords of the Realm 2 and Birth of the Federation (Balance of Power mod).

I'm trying out the latter with the new MPR++ patch, which improves the game's visuals. It's been stable so far, which is happy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    HoMM 2 on Android tab

So I'm plaing original campaign for good faction and at some point those enemy necromactic idiots are spamming me with mass death spells nonstop and then retreat. My army is full of squishy units and every time I lost plenty of them. Infuriating. Not even hard really, jsut tedious. All standard missions follow the same path, you level up a mage hero until you don't even need an army and spam attack spells.

This game campaign is baaaaad. Maybe mp is better and more balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Arma 3. Lots of Arma 3. Low FPS disappointingly unoptimized CPU usage Arma 3 Goodness.

Edit: Damn this forum is fast. Almost no load times between pages.

Guess I'm jumping on the Super Hexagon bandwagon. One hour of practice later and I'm up to 56 seconds, and my hands are cold from sitting perfectly still the whole time.

This is a real lizard-brain type of game. I don't think the pulsating and rotating really makes the game any harder once you've gotten used to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Was there any fix for ATI Radeon users in THE SABOTEUR ???