Page 773 of 1259 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823873 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,460 of 25174
    Played through Limits and Demonstrations and started Act 2 of Kentucky Route Zero, but the game crashed early on. There's been an update since I downloaded, so whatever bug it is may have been fixed already. I'll go walk the (real-life) dog and try the latest release when I get back.

Edit: Yes, this is fixed in the latest build of Act 2.

Limits and Demonstrations is really good, if anyone hasn't played it yet, and it's only very tenuously connected to the plot of Act 1, so I don't think you'd be risking spoilers. It's also free.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 17-06-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Network Hub
    Playing Knife of Dunwall after buying it for less than five bucks. It's nice to be back in Dishonored. Although it's too early to tell, I wish that Arkane was making the new Thief game. Take away the superpowers and Dishonored feels a lot like Thief.

The Secret World. taken advantage of the offer on origin and dived in now there isn't a sub. Somewhat enjoying it.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gganate View Post
    Playing Knife of Dunwall after buying it for less than five bucks. It's nice to be back in Dishonored. Although it's too early to tell, I wish that Arkane was making the new Thief game. Take away the superpowers and Dishonored feels a lot like Thief.
    Same here. Finished it this morning and enjoyed it a lot. Went high chaos all the way. First level was so creepy...

Rising Storm / Red Orchestra 2: Cutting down on the madness after the extra XP boost for the inb4reset 'cheive, but still plugging away. The vanilla Red Orchestra 2 maps that have been added post release are quite good. Sure, some are just remakes of RO:Osf maps, but it's good getting 200m kills again.
    Flamethrower in RS is still horrific, clean fun.

On the other multiplayer front Blacklight: Retribution has been getting an odd play here an there. Raptr seems to like giving me free junk for simply playing it so I may as well make use of it. It is still a dumb game so to speak, but is kinda fun when I want a dumb game.

Trying to play through Primordia also, but suffering as my brain is in FPSing and "learn foreign language" mode atm. Seems to be quite standard Wadjet Eye from what I've seen thus far.

So, after finishing the emulated Gamecube remake of the first Metal Gear Solid using a 360 pad, I immediately started up the PC version of Metal Gear Solid 2. It works surprisingly well, only had to crack it, change half the inis, force AA via Catalyst and then still scream in impotent rage because it's a really bad port.
    That said, I don't read very often about Metal Gear Solid here which is understandable because it's not exactly a PC franchise but I still see it as some sort of a Japanese Deus Ex. The first game is still fantastic in many ways even if some aspects definitely didn't age so well, especially the stealth. MGS2 is already a huge step up in that regard. It's still the franchise with the best boss fights. Fighting Psycho Mantis alone was worth replaying the game. Definitely worth checking out one of the bazillion remakes if you've got a console or feel masochistic enough to take on the port.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    If you've not played MGS3, you're in for a treat. That's probably the best gameplay-wise.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I've inadvertently abandoned Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It wasn't that it wasn't enjoyable, I think it's more that I'm not overly fussed on stealth games. I'll get back to it at some point, I know I will, but, yeah...

So in the mean time I've started playing Dota 2. It's enjoyable! I very barely remember playing the original mod in Warcraft 3, but my experience of that was limited anyhow and obviously it doesn't totally transfer over. Been playing it with a friend and we've had some ups and downs and some hilariously terrible defeats to the AI. Still haven't progressed to fighting actual humans, which I'm sure is a completely different thing, but it's enjoyable. The built-in tutorials are done well and I like that there's a lot open to you for learning. Community seems good too. It hasn't grabbed me like many though. Definitely enjoyable, but I feel no compulsion to play that and only that. I do think that the drop rate of lock boxes and cost of keys is a bit silly, but I have no intention of spending anything and I guess they need to make cost somewhere.

Re-installed Star Trek Online. It really is a bit of a bad game, but the space combat aspect of it is pretty enjoyable. The last expansion added a reputation grind, which is sort of cool and sort of sucky. Cryptic/Perfect World find so many ways to insert "Buy additional cash here!" that it's a bit frustrating that so many things cost an awful lot of resources, real money, or a combination of the two in the worst case scenarios. Plenty of people joining the RPS fleet though, so that's nice, and we've been running a few instances together at times. PlanetSide 2 is still getting a look in, but I'm not in love with the update to the map they recently introduced and I'm not keen on this same idea being put onto the other maps.

Got Dolphin up and running in a brief test. I still need to put some serious time into tweaking bits and bobs, but I got Sonic Colours and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker running, barely in the former and god damn well in the latter. I never actually completed Wind Waker, despite getting very close, so at some point I'll get on with that and complete it. That said, I do have a significant backlog still and I still haven't started Skyrim, despite getting it at launch. That'll teach me for: a) falling for hype in a game I was never 100% interested in (first time I've done this in a long, long, long time), b) wanting the physical copy on release because it came with a map and maps are awesome, c) buying it at the same time as two other games I was more interested in playing (Zelda: Skyward Sword and Sonic Generations) and while uni work needed to be done.

Finally, I got bored and opened up Origin to be prompted that if you enter the code BF3E3 into the code redemption, you get the Close Quarters expansion for Battlefield 3 for free (this lasts for the next couple of days, so get it while you can). Despite not touching BF3 in over a year and my noted dislike of a lot of elements of it in various posts across this forum, I nipped into a game. I got in a jet and got brutally destroyed. That's what happens when you play PlanetSide 2 and end up getting your buttons mixed up. I eventually found a server that did the CQ maps and whilst they're utterly not at all BF, they were very fun and the destruction in them is magnificent. Seeing walls fall apart and chips of debris everywhere is fantastic and the only game that's come close to letting me destroy an office like this before was FEAR. Also, after having PS2 as my de-facto FPS, it was quite nice to have a game with really tight controls and shooting. Obviously the BF4 demo at E3 has had a deeper impact on me than I thought.

So there we go, up-to-date!